He Cares

Amnesia Girl

"Oppa- I mean, Onew-ssi?" I stared at him in shock. He was smiling at me with plates and cups in hand. I smiled and took them off him.

"Aniyo. I'm helping you," he said as he took the plates back. I shook my head with a smile. Did he stay to help me?

"What about the other members? They already left,"

"I told them I needed to do something before coming home," he tapped his nose with a wink. I giggled at him then smiled.

"You don't have to stay. You can go now. I'll finish the cleaning," I tried to get the plates off him but he put them away frommy reach as he was taller than me. I pouted but smiled when I turned around to pick up the remaining utensils that were scattered around.

Suddenly, I heard music play and I turned around to see Onew dancing to 'Stand By Me' by SHINee with a mop. I couldn't help but smile and laugh at the scene infront of me. He was too adorable.

"Onew! What are you doing?" I tried to stifle in my laughter but it was just to hillarious!

"I'm dancing. Makes cleaning much more fun right?" he said as he grabbed my empty hand then pulled me along to dance. I had to join in. It was a lot of fun.

 

 

"I wash, you dry," I said. He nodded then continued to sway his body to the music playing in the background.

I hummed along to the tune as I scrubbed hard on the dirtied plates and pans and spoons and such.

"Apayo!~" he sang out loud. I smiled at his angelic voice then sang along with him anyway.

"Byeonhaetni ni mamsokae
Eejae nan deo eesang eopneun geoni
Nan neol neol saenggak-hamyeon
Neomu apa apa apa~"

"Onew! You're really good live!" I joked he smiled then bowed.

"I know," he joked. I splashed water at him and he smiled. "Kidding..."

"Sure," I said then continued to wash the dishes.

A comfortable silence filled the room. It gave me time to think a little.

It made me thing abiout this very moment right here; about how fun it is being with Onew and how great of a friend he's being. I just met him today and we're already acting like we've been best friends for years.

Maybe the reason why I opened up with him so quickly was because I've never had any real guy friends (or friends) ever since Taemin left. All I had was Hyo Min. And I was greatful for having Hyo Min by my side. But ever since Taemin left, there was a void that only Taemin could fill.

Now that Taemin's back, maybe that emptiness can be filled. But now I met Onew and I'm happy that he's willing to be friends with me even though we've just met.

But what will happen when the truth comes crashing in? What will happen when he finds out about my ugly past? Will he hate me like everybody else?

So many questions. But zero answers.

"Gwaenchanayo?" Onew asked. I nodded then finished the last of the plates while trying to ignore the topic in my head.

"Yay! We've finished." he said. I nodded then smiled. I grabbed my bag then walked out with him. I locked the doors then began to walk.

"I'll walk you home. It's dark and it's dangerous for girls to walk home at night," he reasoned.

"Thank you," I said then began to walk the direction of my house. My house was nearby and wasn't far at all. Everynight, at this time, businessmen and women still roamed around and there were policemen who roamed the streets at night to secure safety. But instead of declining him, I let him walk me home. His presence was comforting in a way. It was something that I needed.

"What's wrong? If you don't mind me asking," he asked. I turned to him and he was looking at me with wondering eyes.

"I-I..." I wanted to spill to him all my problems and just let the words flow right out. But I knew that I couldn't.

"... It's okay if you don't want to tell me. I just want to know since you look a bit upset," I loved the fact that he respected my privacy. But it's probably just because we've just met, but it still made me feel a tiny bid giddy inside. No one has ever cared for me like that and knowing that Onew cared made me feel good that someone cares. That he cares.

"We're here..." I muttered quietly. We both halted to a stop in front of my home. I bowed slightly, thanking him. He smiled his always cute eyesmile at me.

"Thank you Onew... for caring," I said to him. I can feel a blush coming, but it was too dark for him to notice.

"It's okay. Just remember, I'll be your Dubu to cry on," I smiled then walked away slowly to my door. I took a glimpse of him and saw that he was still standing on the pavement, waiting for me to safely go in my house.

"Gomawayo oppa," I said one last time and then smirked slightly. He shook his head then waved a goodbye gesture to me. I entered the house to be greeted by the delicious smell of Ddeokbokki. I skipped happily to the dining room where my appa and umma sat. 

My umma smirked at me, probably noticing that I was much happier than usual. I tried to hide my smile but things don't always turn out well...

"Someone's happy..." my mother commented.

"Hmm?" my appa said while looking up from his newspaper.

".... How was work?" umma asked while patting down the seat next to her. I slowly walked to my seat then started to eat.

"Good," I said hesitantly, hoping that my voice didn't give too much away. Umma would squeal if she found out that I've made guy friends.And my appa would interogate me. You know how appa's are...

"Spill it Eunkyung-ah. Why are you so giddy all of the sudden?" my umma asked with a small smirk plastered on her face. 

Aigoo... help!

"Work was just good umma, that's all," I answered back simply before they began to suspect me more.

"... Sure..." my umma finally gave in... for now.

She'll ask me later... I'm sure. Positive even.