Jonghyun...?

Amnesia Girl

"Er... Jonghyun-ssi...?" I said to him. I was a little unsure on what to adress him. After all, I had tried my hardest to ignore him. And anyway, after all he's done to me, I absolutely hate his guts.

"Ah... Ne. I'll have a medium capucinno please?" he smiled weakly at me and I looked down on the cashier to tap in his order.

"I'll just go get that for you," 

The cafe was quiet; no one was around except for the rest of the workers working in the ktichen. It was close to closing time and suddenly, out of nowhere, Jonghyun comes in and orders a capuccino. 

I didn't know why. I had no idea why. It was getting harder and harder for me to answer the confused thoughts and questions in my head. 

How can I be so sure that Jonghyun has changed?

SHINee had just barged in my life unexcpectedly. How can I be so sure?

"Here you go," I handed the cup to him. Without saying a word, I wiped the surface of the counter and tidied up loose reciepts and change.

Thinking that Jonghyun was gone, I didn't bother to look up to check whether he was or not. 

"Er... Gomawayo," I heard a voice break the silence that filled the place. I looked up to see Jonghyun smiling softly at me. I smiled a small smile before getting back to cleaning. 

I didn't want small talk. I didn't want to talk to him about pointless things that he was probably going to forget about the next day. So I didn't bother.

"Are... Are you ignoring me?" he muttered before turning away to sip his capuccino. 

I frowned a little before regaining composure.

"Aniyo. Of course not," I looked at him in the eye before looking away quickly again.

He sighed deeply before turning to the exit.

"I should go. Everyone's waiting for me," I listened closely. I was pretty sure that the last line was a lie judging by the slight hint in his eyes.

"You don't have to you know," I said before he had the chance walked out. He might've treated me badly but it didn't mean that I had to be mean back. As long as I don't fall for his lies again right?

"Jeongmal? Are you sure?" he asked me cautiously, his fingers fiddling with the paper around the coffee cup.

"Neh. It's closing time anyway," I said before going round the counter to wipe the tables.

"Want me to help?" he said before putting down his coffee cup on one of the tables. He grabbed the mop and bucket that was leaning by the supply closet door. I shook my head a no before walking up to him and grabbing the mop. 

Huh... Onew just helped me the other day...

"You don't have to," I said a little too coldly before grabbing the mop off of him. I was being too naive again wasn't I?

He sighed before grabbing the mop softly off me. I frowned slightly.

"Aniyo. I'll help you. Plus, it'll give us some time to get to know each other right?" he started mopping up the floor before smiling.

"I guess so," I said slowly before starting to stack up the chairs and wipe the tables.

"So... Amnesia huh?" he said, not looking up from the floor.

"Yes...?" I asked slowly. My heart started to beat a little faster. Did he find out that I was lying?

"I see. You forgot about me huh?" 

"Yes." I answered once. My heart was started to calm down, but my mind was swimming around. No one dared to asked me about the Amnesia thing. I didn't even tell my umma nor my appa. And come to think of it, Hyomin too. I haven't spoken to her in a while...

He sighed a what seemed like a sigh of relief before turning to look at me.

"Well I don't know whether to take that as a bad thing or not. I did some pretty horrible things in the past that I'm not proud of. I hope that I can make it up to you," he smiled softly at me before turning back to doing his work.

"Ah... N-neh," I stuttered out. 

I was getting mixed thoughts again. A part of me wanted to hug him and tell him the horrible lies that I've been saying; another part of me just wanted to ignore him. Who knows? He might be lying to me again. 

 

 

"Wow. We actually managed to finish on time," I said as I put away the mops and rugs. It was only 8pm. The cafe was desereted by 7pm and so, I closed off early.

I grabbed my bag and hoodie before walking in the kitchen to inform the rest of the workers that I was going.

"Annyeong Eunkyungie~! Walk home safe," the oppas at the back said before turning back to clean the dishes. "Walk with that Jonghyun guy eh? He seems nice." one of them said before wiggling their eyebrows at me playfully. The action reminded of Taemin.

"Yeah yeah," I smiled before walking out.

"Let's go Jonghyun," he followed me out of the cafe before turning towards me.

"Want me to walk you home?" he asked.

My mind froze a little. I managed to survive a the hour with him; now more interacting? I slipped up a couple of times but I managed to brush them off quickly before he could've said anything. I really needed to plan out the whole amnesia thing if I'm planning on going on with it.

"Aniyo, it's fine."

"It's dark out, I should,"

"But you need to get home as well." I stated.

"Ani. I insist," 

I huffed before nodding once as a reply. He smiled before motioning me to lead the way.