Insults

Amnesia Girl

*not proofread... hehehe..,

"YAH! What do you think you're doing?! Blocking my locker?!" Hye Mi, the still spoilt brat who posted the video online, pushed me out of the way as she opened here locker to get her books.

"Mianhae..." I murmured before opening my own locker, which was (unluckily) next to hers.

"What were you doing hanging out with Minho and Taemin yesterday? Why would they want to hang out with you?" She jabbed a finger at me before placing her claw hand on her waist.

Years passed... and she's still a mean old snob. She had always had her eyes on Jonghyun. She even went so far to get her appa to befriends Jonghyun's own just so that she could flirt with him.

I, of course, didn't give a damn. Even though I had still liked Jonghyun for a short time even after he embarassed me and made me the unpopular girl that  I am now. I knew I had no chance. I didn't bother get my little girl mind's hopes up. 

I remember during 9th grade: April Fools Day.

Normal day to start with. I had avoided Jonghyun during assembly and I was on my way to my 1st class. I was all alone in the hallway. My old Seongsaengnim wanted me to help her arrange the books. I agreed since she was of course my teacher. After doing so she had given a late pass.

Walking down the hallway alone a figure was walking towards me. Thinking it was a teacher, I just ignored it.

But as it came closer, I immidiately recognized the person: Jonghyun.

I froze on the spot as he walked closer and closer to me. 

"Eunkyung-ah... I like you. Please accept me. The reason why I've been so cold towards you was because I secretly like you. I was too afraid to tell," he grabbed my hand before leaning in closer to me. 

I didn't know what I was thinking. I small little spark had errupted inside of me as he said the words. He sounded so sincere, so pure, so... real.

I should've pushed away. I knew that I should've. 

But instead I got my hopes up. I thought that he really meant it. That he really liked me. 

But why was I believing him? He had never shown any interest in me before?

But it was too late to do anything.

I didn't want to push away. I was to gullible and stupid to see through his little act.

Thinking he was going to kiss me, I had closed my eyes and let the moment flow. But instead, I was pushed away.

I tried to regain my balance but the floor was suddenly slippery. My body came in contact with the what seemed like butter. I tried to stand but failed as the ground around me was to slippery.

Just when I thought things could get worse, a horriblble sticky substance fell on me. Honey.

My hair was a mess, my clothes were sticky yet somehow greasy. 

I was angry and embarassed. I must've looked terrifying.

I looked around the hallway to see a crowd of students (and teachers) with their mouths hanging open. They soon errupted in to laughter and Jonghyun was smirking as his friends high fived him.

I felt hot tears run down my face as I made my way to the girls bathroom to clean up.

Embarassed and hurt. Again.

Why was I so gullible and stupid? 

Why? Why did they hate me so much?

The day didn't end too well either as I later found out that the whole thing was recorded and was posted on the school blog. 

"Yah!" Hye Mi was snapping her french manicured fingers in front of my face. 

I felt a tear run down my cheeks.

Was I crying?

"They're my friends Hye Mi," I muttered quietly as I tried to wipe the tears away.

"Tch." she scoffed at me. "why would they be friends with you?"

"Why are you being so cold Hye Mi?!" I snapped back at her as the tears began to stream down my face again.

"Huh. I might be cold but atleast I can get a boyfriend,"

"Plus, don't think that no one saw you with Jonghyun, Minho and Taemin yesterday at the Kimbap restaurant. I saw you gushing over Minho and staring at Jonghyun. Remember what he did to you? Honey hair? Rejected during 5th grade?" she smirked before walking away, her heels clicking with every step.

Insults. Stupid insults.

They get to me so much. Because most of them are mean counter attacks that were true. 

It's true that I can't get a boyfriend. I was unpopular and I didn't have stacks and stacks of money that I could just magically take cash from.

I don't have the body or the style. The clothes or the shoes. The S line or the V line. 

It hurts because the words that she'd attack me with were true.

Yes, I got rejected by Jonghyun, the most popular boy back then and one of the most popular idols now. Yes, I've been embarassed and hurt physically and mentally countless times by Jonghyun and some popular snobs and occasionally boys. Yes, I work at a cafe when most girls in my school would just aegyo their rich fathers for money while I work for it. Yes, I spend my time studying and not partying like most of the students in my school.

So why should I just lie to myself when most of the stuff she said are true ayways?

 

I must be bipolar. Yesterday, I was smiling and gushing like a crazy, lovesick idiot. And now I'm crying due to horrible flashbacks flashing in my mind. 

Jonghyun hasn't changed. He's mean and cold and horrible. All those stupid jokes and pranks he pulled on me. All those lies. He's just lying again. His act is all fake. He's trying to trick me again. I know it. Hye Mi was right; he did all those mean things and yet, here I am already giving in on him.

Well guess what Kim Jonghyun; Not this time.

 

____________

Hyu...

Annyeong ^-^v

not proofread so...be warned!