"Curse My Concience..."

Amnesia Girl

 

Amnesia Girl

 
"EunKyung! Get ready for work!" My umma's voice shouted from the bottom of the stairs. 
"Araso umma!" I answered back, pulling my cell phone away from my mouth. I was already dressed for my shift. But I was a bit too busy.
Hyo Min, my best friend, insisted on getting me to watch the SHINee comeback stage concert on Music Bank on TV. And to make sure that I did, she called me and told me to put the TV up on full volume so that she can make sure that I watched it as well. 
Though I didn't see the point on why she wanted me to watch it. Of course, my childhood best friend Taemin's in SHINee and so is that dinosaur looking, jerk faced tyranasaurous Kim Jonghyun. Just the thought of his name made my temper boil up.
"AHH! Oh my god... doesn't Jonghyun looks so hot?" Hyo Min cooed on the other side of the line, sighing dreamily at the sight of the disgusting, sweaty dinosaur that was singing this sweet song called 'Hello' that not at all matched his personality. 
I rolled my eyes then turned my attention to the TV, where the camera man panned onto Minho. AIGOO! Now he was hot
...Hmm...
Actually, no. On the other hand, Onew looks adorable in his outfit. And so does Key and my ex best friend Taemin. But Jonghyun, puh-lease, he looks like a sad puppy begging a girl to like him. But he doesn't necessarily need to beg those fan girls-such as Hyo Min-to like him since, well, half the population of Seoul has already fallen in love with the fake puppy dog act of his.
"EunKyung-ah! Get to work! You're gonna be late!" My mother bellowed again. I answered again with the same reply that I had answered just moments ago.
"Aww... It's finished. You're free! Text me," Hyo Min said then hung up abruptly before I had even given an answer. 
I rolled of my bed, turning off the television in the process then trudged down the stairs.
"Bye umma! I'll bring you a banana cake slice later," I said then winked at her. She merrily giggled at me then continued on cooking, the smell of ddeokbokki in the air. I breathed in the oh-so familiar smell then shoved my shoes on then rushed out the door, slowly making my way to the cafe by school.
 
 
"Hello,Hello!
Nareumdaero yonggil naessoyo
Hello Hello
Jamshi yaegi hallaeyo
Hello,Hello!
Naega jom sodooljin mollado
Who knows eojjeom urin
Jal dwaeljido molla~" 
 
The same song that was playing on TV was playing in the cafe right now. Though the female students that roamed around the cafe didn't seem to mind as they all squeeled in joy when their bias sang. The big flat screen TV that hung above the corner seats was playing the music  video, showing cuts of the dino faced jerk that had girls wrapped around his dino claws.
It might confuse you on why I loathe the singing dino that everyone else seemed to love. And I bet that all 'Shawols' hate me to death for hating on their 'fantastic lead singer Jjongie'. Their words, not mine.
Well I hate him for a reason. And the reason is... I'm about to tell you now.
 
 "Are you sure about this Eunkyung noona?" Taemin asked for the 10th time that day, with the same cute pout that he wore when he was upset. 
"...Yes..." Of course I was sure. I was not gonna hold back any longer. I'm not scared at all! I can do this.
"Araso..." Hyo Min and Taemin said in unison, letting me free from their strong grasp that held me in place while I steadied myself for the upcoming conversation that I was going to have with the school's most popular and cutest boy, Kim Jonghyun. 
He was cold and rude in everybody's eyes. They all thought that he was just a cold hearted boy due to his family's wealth, his popularity, and his drop dead good looks that all the boys envied. But to my 10 year old mind, he was perfect. His looks were oh-so heartmelting, his smile made me (and the other girls at school) swoon, and his straight A grades that made him not also good looking, but smart as well. 
And now, this middle classed, not so popular girl is gonna ask out that Kim Jonghyun. The Kim Jonghyun who grew up to be part of the popular boy group SHINee.
"J-jonghyun oppa, c-can I talk to you?" I managed to choke out. Lucky for me, he was alone on the bench while watching his just-as-mean but not-so-good-looking friends play catch with a baseball. 
He rolled his eyes at me then patted the space next to him. I slowly sat down beside him, fiddling with the loose hem on my school skirt, my face flushed pink. 
"What is it?" He said facing me, his brown eyes looking directly at mine. I looked down on my lap then spoke out what I had to say. I wasn't gonna chicken out of this now...
"I-i... I-l-like you, o-ppa," I managed to blurt out, facing him with my now red cheeks. I looked at his face for traces of any emotion but his face was straight and unreadable. I was about to run away in embarassment when he suddenly burst out laughing. His friends were hidden behind the trees and soon emerged out, laughing along with him. I had noticed that they weren't playing catch like they were earlier and now it hit me that they were just eavesdropping. I felt hot tears pour out of my eyes as for people crowded around the scene, laughing at me and pointing.
"YAH~ Everyone, this girl just confessed to me!" Jonghyun said, standing up on the bench while pointing at me, while trying to hold in his upcoming laughter. I sat up as more and more students shuffled around us, laughing at me. I ran and ran away, back to the swings that were abandoned by students who thought that they were 'childish'. Back to where Taemin and Hyo Min warned me about the cruel jokes of Jonghyun. I couldn't bear to hear his name anymore. After all, he did embarrass me infront of the whole population of the school. And that wasn't even a lie.
I ran and ran. My perfectly clean patent leather shoes that I had especially chose to wear that day was now covered in dirt from the crowded playing fields of the school. Tears were streaming down from my eyes, running down my face and off somewhere as the wind brushed them off. But instead of me running to my safety at the swingset at the very back of the school, one of Jonghyun's friends decided to follow me and trip me up. I crashed down onto the ground, landing on my knees. With over 1000 pair of eyes watching me. 
Then laughter. That was the background music of the horrible memory. And it didn't help that Hye Mi (the spoiled brat whos appa is an executive for a big chain company) had stolen her sister's camera phone and filmed EVERYTHING that had happened that day. She also asked her sister to post it on the internet for everyone to see! Over 428,023 views in counting. 
Of course, after that horrible day took place, I had no guts to face Jonghyun (and his gang) himself. So I stayed away from him all throughout elementary. Although no one had forgotten about the incident that had happened and everyone continued on making me fun of me about it. But I ignored them. Just as much as I ignored Kim Jonghyun. He made me school life hell! Until the end of Middle School. He had moved away somewhere. But no one knew that THAT Kim Jonghyun ended up as a singing and dancing dinosaur. And I am not talking about Barney.
Though even though he did all those horrible things to me, a small part of me still liked him. And my little girl mind didn't understand why...
But that was the past now. I don't like him. In fact, I don't even hate him. I just STRONGLY dislike him. I don't care if he's famous! He's a jerk, a manipulating, evil minded boy who-
 
"Eunkyung-ah! Are you just gonna sit there and daydream or are you gonna take some orders?" My co-worker, Han Mi, slammed down a small notepad and a pen infront of me, making me snap out of my sudden flashback. 
"Arasso, Arasso," I put on my apron and grabbed the pen and notepad while walking out of the counter. Another SHINee song was playing. I didn't necesarily hate SHINee. I support them because my ex best friend Taemin was in SHINee. Though I doubt that he remembers me. I haven't seen him since the end of elementary as he became a trainee then. But since Kim Jonghyun is in SHINee, then me and me SHINee have a love/hate relationsip.
"Table 13, okay?" Han Mi said to me. I watched her walk away with a plate of cakes and cookies in hand. I sighed then walked slowly to the back of the cafe where hardly anyone sat. 
A couple of students roamed the back of the cafe with piles of books in hand, giggling and squeeling to eachother as I walked past them. I looked at them weirdly, wondering why they were in such a state.
"EUNKYUNG NOONA!" I heard a voice call out to me. I pivoted slowly to turn to the source of the voice that had just called me. I stared at the 5 familiar looking creatures infront of me with wide eyes. Oh shizznits...
"Umm... Me no speak engles...?" I said in my best fake accent then ran back to counter, nearly bumping in to Han Mi. WHY ARE THEY HERE? 
"Han Mi-ah..." I said in my best aegyo voice. She turned to me with raised eyebrows. 
"What is it?"
"Can...you...take...table13formeplease?" I said, rushing the last line of the sentence before smiling widely at her in hope that she'd say 'yes' just this once.
"No." Wrong answer...
"Why?~" I whined at her, she just brushed me off then walked past me to get her apron.
"Because I already took 3 tables today. You, NONE. So go on," She said, pushing me slightly towards the back of the cafe. 
I groaned in anger then shuffled to the back of the cafe which was now pretty deserted.
"Er... Hi," I said, raising my hand up for a 'hi' gesture.
"NOONA!" A blonde haired boy ran up to me then hugged me tight. Only my best friend Taemin can give the best hugs! And now I don't have to keep saying ex best friend since he's back!
"TAEMIN-AH!" I said then hugged the boy back. Dang, he's grown taller...
"Noona! I missed you!" He said, once he finally pulled back. I studied his face. He looked just as cute as he did in elementary!
"I missed you to Taemin-ah!" I cooed at him then pinched his cheeks. I just had to! He looks so adorable.
"Noona, this is the rest of SHINee," He said, gesturing towards the 4 males that sat down around the round 6 seater table.
 I knew there was a downside to this... Jonghyun. When you say SHINee, Kim Jonghyun is obviously involved. And I wanted to run when I saw his familiar dino features, but I couldn't. 
Reason 1: because TAEMIN IS HERE!
And reason 2: I'll get fired for not taking any orders.
"Annyeonghaseyo~" I bowed to the 4 males nicely, pretending to not know anyone personally but Taeminnie.
"Omona... Eunkyung? Lee Eunkyung? I know you!" Jonghyun said, standing up in his seat with that smile of his. Oh great... what am I gonna do now?!
I don't want t recall that UGLY past of mine infront of the 3 hot guys (not counting Jonghyun) and my best friend.
I KNOW! I'll pretend that I have amnesia... kekeke~ So fullproof. Then I won't have to recall my horrible childhood past in front of the other SHINee members.
"Sorry to be rude but... Who are you?"
"Um... I'm Kim Jonghyun. We went to Elementary and Middle school together,"
"I'm sorry... I have Amnesia, so I'm sorry if I don't remember you..." PLEASE FALL FOR IT! PLEASE FALL FOR IT!
"But you remember Taemin..." Oh dang... I forgot about that... Umm... QUICK! IMPROVISE!
"Uh... that's because I can only remember some of my memories... Only the good ones, the bad memories are well forgotten," Nice one Eunkyung!
"Oh..." Jonghyun hung his head low then perked up a little after I few seconds. I thought that I was busted for one second...
"Well... uh... I'm Kim Jonghyun... Nice to meet you," he smiled weakly then shook my hand. Ouch... he looks... hurt. 
"Oh... Noona! I never knew that! What happened?" Taemin pulled me down on a seat inbetween him and Onew. Onew smiled his sweet eyesmile then stuck his hand out for me to shake. I gladly shook his hand then smiled back. Woah... he's cuter in real life...
"Annyeonghas-" we both bowed and said it at the same time. Our heads bumped in to eachother. I just giggled and rubbed my forehead. 
"I'm sorry... I-"
"It's okay," I said even though it wasn't exactly his fault.
"Noona~ what happpened? Why did you get amnesia?" Oh right... 
"I..uh... slipped and hit my head on a tiled floor," Wow... thank you Middle School drama club...
"Are you okay now Noona?" 
"Yeah... I'm good now,"
"Am I a bad memory to you?" A voice suddenly said, leaving everyone to face Jonghyun.
Wow... he looked sad. His eyes were watery and his lips were pouted slightly. I couldn't help but feel guilty.
He was never like this during our school days. He was mean. Rude, popular, cold, heartles... He never cared. He never cared for anyones feelings. He was popular and often made fun of the unpopular ones.
He was never like this. I've never seen him so... sad and helpless. Like a lost puppy.
I almost wanted to spill out the whole truth just so that he could feel better, even though I wasn't really sure why he was being lik this. I wanted to see him smile again... 
...
No... NoNoNoNO! 
I hate him...
...right?
But I feel bad.
Curse my concience...