The Fair (2/2)

When It Counts

Juhee and Luhan walked through the whole fair, playing every game they chanced upon, or so it seemed. Juhee's spirit has lifted greatly from its post-exam stupor,  she was possibly in the best mood she had been in for a while.

"I wish I could have won you a bigger bear," Luhan sighed.

This statement caused some mirth on Juhee's end, "Hannie, seriously. You won me at least one plushie from every game we played tonight. I don't think there will be any space on my bed to sleep tonight."

"Well you could always move that duck..."

"For the last time, I'm not moving the duck."

Juhee wasn't exaggerating though. Her backpack was stuffed with the prizes and her arms were full holding the few larger ones that couldn't fit. Luhan only shot her an embarrassed look once in a while and apologized for not having space in his backpack to hold any.  She asked him once what was taking up so much room, but her boyfriend hadn't heard her (or pretended not to have heard), only finding another game for the two of them to play as a distraction.

p267133811-3.jpg

"Should we get something to eat now?" Luhan pondered out loud as the two walked past a concession stand selling French fries. Only then did Juhee realize that she had skipped dinner and hunger hit her.

"Food would be really nice...but uh I don't really want fair food..."

Luhan lightly squeezed her hand reassuringly, "I thought as much, you tend to have different tastes and a general indifference towards oily foods. Come on, follow me."

Juhee furrowed her brows as Luhan led her through a space between two booths where there was another gate, though smaller than the one they had entered from.

"Hannie..." Her voice was dripping with disapproval.

Luhan slipped his arm around her waist and pushed her gently through the gate.

To her surprise, she found herself on a narrowly stoned path. Fairy lights were strung intricately on the trees that lined the path, creating a cozy atmosphere. Luhan pulled her closer to him into a back hug. Juhee tucked her chin into the front of her jacket to hide her content smile and the blush creeping up her cheeks.

tumblr_mc9uexeMYl1qikj8ko1_500.jpg

"Don't think I haven't noticed."

Luhan's random statement startled Juhee and she forgot all about her embarrassment. "Noticed what?"

"You're wearing the jacket I 'lent' you." He pointed out smugly.

"Oh, this." Juhee flushed more than she had before. "Well yeah, you were rushing me and it was the first thing I grabbed. I didn't know you were going to pick me up so soon so..." she rambled, attempting to justify her actions (the obvious fact was Juhee had indeed worn Luhan's jacket on purpose half hoping he would notice).

"Ah so it was close by...which means you must wear it a lot then."

She sighed in mock exasperation and quickly changed the topic before her cheeks could catch on fire. "I thought we were going to eat? There isn't any food places here..."

"Che, not everything is always what it seems, Xiao Yu."

Juhee, who was too hungry to listen to her older boyfriend's words of wisdom, responded with a pout, "Don't speak to me in clichés when I'm hungry Luhan ge."

"Ah, here's a good spot." Luhan pointed to a bench under a streetlight.

Juhee hesitated, but sat down beside him, "A good spot for...?"

Luhan took his backpack off and placed it on the ground between his feet. He continued to zip it open and search inside for something. Eventually he pulled out a flask and two Styrofoam bowls, one of which he promptly handed Juhee.

"Ramen!"

cupopenhz1.jpg

Luhan laughed at his girlfriend's excitement, "I remember you saying you wanted some, I wish I could take you out for some fresh ramen but everywhere here is probably closed now..."

"No, Hannie this is perfect, really." Juhee could visibly see how her words of reassurance seemed to relieve him a great deal. She peeled away the paper top of the bowl and Luhan carefully poured the hot water in.

~~~~~~~

"So, how would you rank this evening as a whole?" Luhan questioned as the two of them finished up eating.

"Hmm..." Juhee pretended to think seriously, "on a scale of one to ten..."

Luhan looked at her expectantly, unable to hide his anticipation.

Juhee couldn't help but laugh at his cuteness, "Why do you look as nervous as you do at the end of year award shows?"

He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "Does it show that much? I mean, I know you don't like surprises and this was kind of last minute planning, but I wanted you to have fun with me too—"

"Luhan," she interrupted, "I had lots of fun tonight. I always have fun with you, no matter what we're doing."

"Okay good because I can't get my money back now." He grinned.

Juhee gave him a mock withering look, "So you didn't want to spend money on your girlfriend? I worked so hard studying for my exams and pulling late nights just so appa would let me go on a date with you afterwards and you—"

Luhan silenced her with a quick peek on the cheek, "You know I'm just kidding Xiao Yu. It's not a big deal. Like you said, you just took your exams and I wanted to reward you..." Juhee prepared at this point to scold him for the money he spent tonight. Fairs were never cheap, they liked to as much money as they could from their victims, and in her fun, she hadn't realized for the amount of prizes she currently had in her possession, Luhan must have spent quite an amount.

tumblr_njl2nfQVhy1szqm70o1_500.gif
(a/n: obviously couldn't find a luhan cheek kiss but this is a good alternative)

Luhan, however, seemed to sense what his girlfriend was thinking, "Before you scold your boyfriend, money spent on us being together is never wasted. We barely get to spend time together as it is so forgive me if I want to indulge both of us and make it special. And anyways," he continued, "there is one more thing." He reached into the side pocket of his backpack and clasped his palm around something, then turned back towards her.

"I'm sorry it's not in a box or anything fancy but..." Juhee's boyfriend slowly opened his band, revealing a rose gold chain. Hanging on it was a simple rose pendant encrusted with sparkling micro-diamonds. Elegantly gorgeous but subtle. Perfect.

Knowing how much thought was put into such a gift, Juhee's eyes widened and a small gasp escaped her lips.

"Before you immediately object," Luhan blurted before she could say anything, "you should know that the things Tao were suggesting that I buy you were much more...stately." He smiled gently, as if almost to himself, "I thought this one suited you the best."

"You really didn't have to get me anything..." Juhee mumbled, gazing shifting back and forward between the necklace and Luhan's soft gaze.

Making the decision for her, Luhan closed his hand around the necklace and removed Juhee's hood carefully. "Will you let me put it on you?" He asked sincerely.

Juhee blinked for a moment, then nodded shyly. Her boyfriend gently brushed the stray hairs near the nape of her neck to one side and scooted closer, his face near hers as he clasped the necklace around her neck.

fine_rhinestone_crystal_flower_necklace_

When he had finished, Luhan fixed her hair with the utmost care and pulled her hood up again, a satisfied smile gracing his face.

"I hope it reminds you of how much you mean to me." He stated with a bit of shyness.

"Thank you Hannie..." She looked down at the pendant, heart filled with appreciation for her boyfriend for taking time to pick out the perfect gift for her, and despite his busy schedule with the nearing comeback, planning this wonderful evening.

"I have to think of a way to repay you now," Juhee laughed lightly.

"You already have."

She cocked her head at this statement, trying to recall a moment when she had done something really special for him, but to your dismay no incident came to mind. Nothing.

Seeing Juhee's confusion, Luhan muttered with fake confidence, "You agreed to be my special rose. There's more than enough for me."

"Eww..." Juhee quickly pressed her forehead against Luhan's shoulder, face already flaming at the line one of the members (mostly likely Baekhyun oppa) probably taught her boyfriend.

Luhan reached to lift her chin to meet his gaze, "I'm being honest. It really is."

Even after his confession, their gazes stayed locked, until he pulled closer, gaze dropping a bit down. As if by reflex, her eyes fluttered closed, and Luhan was close enough that her eyelashes could brush against his cheeks. Slowly, as if time had stopped, he moved closer still before his soft lips met hers.

After a moment, he pulled back and her gaze dropped shyly to staring at the really interest dirt on her shoes. Luhan laughed at his girlfriend's innocent habits and pulled her towards him, kissing her forehead gently. "Ke ai...always so embarrassed."

tumblr_njl2i7V5Mg1szqm70o1_500.gif


Che i.e.  - doesn't have a real meaning, it's more of a catchphrase that Luhan has (the word itself means something like pouting). It's comparable to how some people add "uhh..." to the beginning of their sentences.

Ke ai - means cute/adorable in Chinese.

a/n: As I promised, here is the second part of the fair date! Did you like it? If you did, subscribe! As I stated in the first part, please send any questions or confusion you may have as comments to this blog post (HERE). I hope you enjoyed this date scenario and hopefully I will have time to upload another one very soon!

P.S. But actually, how do you guys feel about the images/gifs? Please drop a comment down below what you think!

Love, Juhee

Interesting Fact: I have a 4ft duck plushie that one of my classmates in 8th grade won for me just because I wanted it. *shrug*