Study Break

When It Counts

Date Occurrence: May 3 2014


There was a knock at Juhee's door. She looked up from her chemistry notes and over to her roommate, who hopped off her bed and went to answer it. Juhee wasn't expecting anyone so it most likely was for the other girl anyways. With that thought in mind, she went back to pouring over her notes.

"Oh. Um. Come in...she's over there." The nervous mumbling of her roommate distracted her once again from her notes and the fact that whoever was at the door was looking for her.

Her roommate stepped aside to let the unexpected visitor into their room.

"Luhan?"

Her boyfriend grinned, "Surprise?"

"I thought you weren't coming since you never texted me back?" Her eyebrows furrowed. Juhee liked to plan and know just how her day would go and while Luhan's appearance was not unwelcoming, it was not expected.

"Hm but that would have ruined the surprise, wouldn't it baobei?" He dropped his backpack by her desk chair and sat on the edge of her bed.

"...what's the bag for?"

Luhan grinned, "Sleepover, if it's okay with your roommate?"

Both of them turned to her and she looked taken back. "Oh. Yeah. I'm going to a friend's dorm right now though." Her shoes were already on, hands fumbling to stuff the last of her belongings into her backpack.

"Oh, have fun then!" Juhee smiled gratefully.

"Uh huh you too Juhee and...Luhan-ssi." With that she left, closing the door.

Juhee plopped back into her chair. "That was awkward."

Luhan scoffed. "Hi Yuyu. Nice to see you too baobei. I missed you too Jieyu."

His girlfriend turned to him apologetically, "I'm sorry Hannie. I'm glad you came, really."

He shook it off good-naturedly and leaned back on his hands. "How's it going?" He gestured to her notes and textbook.

She groaned and glanced angrily at her chemistry textbook, "Not good."

He patted the empty spot on the bed beside him which Juhee willingly made herself comfortable in, leaning her head to rest on his shoulder.

"I wish I could help you...Junmyeon is probably better at this kind of stuff. Should we call him?"

She sighed, "no. I don't want to bother him with every small confusion. It's probably better for me in the long run if I learn to do it on my own."

Luhan kissed the top of her head. "It's not shameful to ask for help if you really need it bao bei."

At this, Juhee smirked.

"...What?"

She turned to him, aegyo dial nearing maximum, "Luhan gege~ Help me please?"

"Me? But I thought we just established that I wasn't the best chem help?" He looked at her confusedly.

"No no no, not that. Shhh don't you hear it?" She cupped one hand to her ear, pretending to be listening for something.

Her boyfriend stared back blankly, "...hear what?"

"The sound of my tummy growling of course." She grinned.

Luhan sighed with mock exasperation.

"Come onnnn," she lightly shook his arm, "you said we would eat when you came over!"

He smiled, "Yes I know I know. I kind of need my arm to drive and stuff though."

She let go and smiled sheepishly. "Oops."

He returned her smile gently, "You're too cute for your own good."

Juhee cleared and responded to his slightly-nauseatingly sweet words in a serious manner, "that's all very nice and good Mr. Lu, but being cute doesn't fill my tummy."

He got up and began to put his jacket back on. "I thought complimenting you would give me the chance to sleep on the inside of the bed for a change?" He looked at her hopefully.

"Hahaha nice try but no. You need to sleep on the outside to make sure I don't fall off." She stuck out her tongue in a mehrong manner, playfully teasing him with her refusal.

"I don't remember hearing any stories of you falling off when I'm not here though" He countered.

She groaned at his logic and pulled him along towards the door. "Let's just go."

"I won this one didn't I?" He asked mischievously.

"Nope." She pushed him out the door and locked the door behind her. Having Luhan there with her definitely eased the stress of a night that would be full of studying.


Additional Details: HERE

Hello readers, so I'm back in school and in the middle of mid-semester assignments so the next update will probably be a bit slow. I took a slight break to upload this today knowing that a lot of you are probably studying too and need maybe a cute fic break? Hopefully this fluffy scenario has helped make your day/evening better. So...cheers to passing our assignments/presentations/projects/exams!~

Love, Juhee

p.s. Send questions here: http://www.asianfanfics.com/blog/view/1001315

Interesting Fact: I'm a chemistry major + a lot of random minors in college.