Hospital Visit

When It Counts

Date Occurrence: February 1


Juhee stealthily pulled her phone out of her scrub pocket as she walked out of a patient's room.

6:00pm. Break time. She took the long way downstairs so that she could make a stop in the NICU to visit her new baby cousins. Juhee made it just in time to see the nurse checking their vitals.

"How are they doing?" She asked quietly.

"So far, so good," the nurse replied, preoccupied, "they still have a lot of growing to do, but they seem like strong ones."

Juhee reached in the incubator and gently Minah's little hand.

"Do you know their parents?" The nurse turned and asked, "I saw you hanging around the delivery room during your break earlier."

Juhee simply nodded with a smile.

"Well, maybe you should ask if you can switch floors, then you can help take care of them," the nurse kindly suggested.

"Oh no, it's totally fine. I like my floor...and I'll be seeing them often anyways," Juhee declined. She bid the nurse goodbye and made her way to the break room. No way was she getting roped into babysitting the twins already when they were barely a day old.

--------------------

"Luhan, what do you mean you're in front of the hospital???" Juhee exclaimed into her phone. Thankfully the break room was empty and no one else heard.

"Baobei, I told you I was coming!"

"Yeah but you didn't tell me you were going to show up here, at the hospital, during my shift!" She hissed.

Luhan was silent for a moment.

"I mean, I can leave and meet you later if you'd like? I just knew it was your break time and you told me the Park twins were born today so I thought maybe I could see them at the same time and—"

Juhee ran her hand through her hair, "No no, it's fine Hannie. You can come. Sorry, it's been a long day."

"Don't worry about it," he quickly brushed it off and returned to his chipper mood.

"I'll meet you at the clinic entrance with a visitor card and you should be fine."

--------------------

"You should try breathing between bites, Yuyu," Luhan chuckled as he watched his girlfriend basically inhale the sushi set he had brought.

Juhee put the chopsticks down, drank some bubble tea, and leaned back in her chair with a sigh.

"You're so good, I love you."

Her boyfriend laughed out loud, "I should buy you food more often."

Juhee nodded her agreement with a grin.

"It's been such a crazy day today, I've barely had time to eat so..." She explained.

He reached across the table and held her hand, "Let's talk about something more fun then."

"Like what?" Juhee asked blankly and took another sip of her bubble tea.

"Like you coming to Beijing for Valentine's Day," he smiled.

"Will it work with your schedule and everything? I can always come another time, Hannie. I mean it's kind of short notice."

"I'll take care of it, baobei," He reassured her, "I want you there with me and I want to take you out on Valentine's Day and my parents want to meet you finally."

Juhee bit her lip, thinking. "Will we even be able to go out, though? There's a lot of people everywhere and if they see you..."

"I'll figure it out," Luhan tapped her wrist with his thumb, "I just need you to say yes or no....Preferably yes. If you say no, there is a fee," he teased.

"Hmm, how much is the fee?"

"Outside of your budget," he retorted seriously.

Juhee sighed, "Well...I suppose I have no choice but to say yes."

Luhan raised an eyebrow.

"What? What's that look for? I just told you I will go with you!"

"You don't feel like I'm forcing you, do you?"

Juhee shook her head.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, and if you try to change my mind, you can't because I already said yes."

Luhan grinned, "That's what I like to hear."

Juhee picked up her chopsticks again.

"Also, do you want any more of this or can I have the rest?"

--------------------

"They're so....tiny. Like...so small," Luhan mused as he and Juhee walked down the janitor stairs from the NICU floor.

"There are smaller ones," Juhee informed him.

"Which one is older?"

"Minsoo is by four minutes. But I already know he's going to never let Minah forget that he's technically a day older," Juhee shook her head in exaggerated sadness, "Poor girl."

Luhan chuckled, "Maybe you should take her under your wing and teach her your ways."

"Ehh....I don't know if Chanyeol and Renea would like that—oh, this is the floor." Juhee stopped in front of a door at the bottom of the flight of stairs. She gave Luhan directions on how to best exit the building with minimal interference and took his visitor card.

"When do you go back?" She asked, leaned against the door with her arms crossed in front of her.

"I'm not sure yet, maybe I can see you again before I go?"

Juhee shrugged, "I have to start studying for exams so it'll have to be a study date."

"Ah, my favorite ones."

She scoffed and playfully punched him, "Don't lie to me."

Luhan stepped closer and laced his fingers into hers.

"Next time I go back, you'll be coming with me," he smiled, happy at the thought.

"Mhm, it'll be a nice break from school and interning."

"And you get to spend a whole two days with me."

"And your parents," she added with a smirk.

He gave her a look, "Not both days...actually not even one day. A few hours...four max."

"Darn. I was so looking forward to spending a lot of time with them," she teased.

Luhan took another step closer, now barely a breath away from each other.

"Look who's lying now," he chuckled softly, then planted a kiss on Juhee's forehead, then the top of her nose, then continued down the line to her lips.

Their fingers untangled, his found their way to her waist, hers around his neck. They pulled apart momentarily for air and their eyes searched each other. Neither of them gave a signal to cease, so again their lips found each other, deeper than before. Luhan's arms wound around Juhee's back, cupping the small of it. He felt the warmth of her skin through her shirt. The tips of Juhee's fingers were lost in the hair at Luhan's nape.

His teeth grazed Juhee's lips as they pulled apart again and a soft moan escaped . She flushed in surprise and cleared , her arms fell from around his neck quickly.

"I have to go back now, Luhan."

His touch on her back lingered as they pulled away from each other. Before she opened the door, he gave her one last kiss on her temple.

"I'll call you, okay?"

She nodded with a smile as he slipped out and closed the door behind him.


a/n: As those who view the gifs can tell...I've been up-ing my gif game LOL. But how are you guys? I just finished my first final (3 more to go ugh) so I thought I'd take a short break and upload this. I know for those who've read other stories I've published this is quite a different pace but I think it's a nice calm real life kind of piece. Either way I hope you've enjoyed today's entertainment! Best of luck to those taking finals, AP exams, SATs, regular exams, or who just need more luck in their lives. 

Love, Juhee

Interesting Fact: I've never actually babysat a baby before. Only toddlers and up.