Pepero Day

When It Counts

Date Occurence: November 11, 2014


Juhee ruffled her hair as she shuffled back to her room having just taken a shower. It was still a few hours before she planned on going to bed and she figured her hair would dry by the time she finished reviewing her notes.

She settled into her chair and cracked open her notebook again.  Thankfully her roommate wasn't back yet so she could study with music playing.

Engrossed in her notes, Juhee barely noticed when her phone rang.  

"Yuyu! Why haven't you been answering my texts?" Her boyfriend Luhan asked.

"Hannie~ Sorry I've been busy studying, I haven't checked my phone in a while." Juhee quickly swiped at her home screen and noted that there were in fact a few missed texts from a certain deerboy.

"Studying. Good, I'm just in time then." Juhee could practically hear the cheeky smile peeking out through his words.

"In time for what? To sing me a lullaby?" She played along to whatever game her boyfriend was playing.

"To be your accompaniment on what is to be the best study date you've ever had."

Juhee rocked back and forth in her chair before walking towards the door with a grin. "Does this mean I have to get up and open the door for you right now? Because mister, it's far too cold for me to leave the comfort of my ro—"

Promptly the call was disconnected and three knocks sounded before her dorm door opened.

"Surprise," Luhan greeted his girlfriend with a one armed hug. Juhee squirmed out of her boyfriend's hold, the coldness from his clothes was quickly replacing the warm buzz from her shower, before she noticed his other hand holding a drink box.

"Ooh, treats~" Juhee took the box from his hand excitedly.

Luhan pouted a bit before chuckling, "Hello, I'm good, it's nice to see you too, love."

She quickly tiptoed and pecked his cheek as an apology, "Thanks for dropping by, Hannie." Juhee took the drink box to her desk and took out the two cups.

"I thought it would be too late for coffee, so I got you a chai tea latte. With soy milk, of course," He explained and pointed to the one that was hers.

"Also," he sat down on Juhee's bed and opened his backpack, "since I'm such a perfect boyfriend—"

Juhee scoffed.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Luhan questioned.

She shook her head with a look of faux innocence, "Nothing, I just really appreciate your self-confidence. Please continue."

Luhan's eyes narrowed, not ready to move on from the topic.

"Ugh Luhan, just show me what's in your bag," Juhee whined, moving to sit next to him on the bed with her warm drink in hand.

Luhan obliged and proceeded to pull out multiple boxes of different flavored pocky.

"I thought we could have a taste test to see which ones we like better."

Juhee's eyes lit up as she unconsciously reached out for the snacks, "I thought you forgot..."

"Eyy," he nudged her, "How could a great boyfriend such as myself forget a quintessential couple holiday like Pepero Day?"

Juhee reached for one of the boxes and began to open it, "Or you knew the cashier wouldn't doubt your manliness if they thought you were buying pocky for your female entourage and not yourself."

"..."

                 ~~~~~~~~~~

"So, what's the verdict?"

Juhee tapped her chin with a Pocky stick, "Though there were some close calls, I think original is the way to go."

  "Strawberry or chocolate?" Luhan asked.

"Hmm, strawberry."

He grinned while searching for the winning package among the large assortment. "Strawberry it is."

Juhee looked confused as he held up a single strawberry pocky and put the tip in his mouth.

Then she realized.

"Wha--No! No way, no I am not doing that, Luhan," she protested as her ears turned red.

"But whyy~?" He coddled, clearly humored by her embarrassment.

"Because! It's weird and I'd rather just kiss you and get it over with than do the stupid pocky thing so no I'm not doing that!"

Luhan sat quietly with his eyebrow raised and the pocky still in his mouth.

"And no, that does not mean I'm going to kiss you!" Juhee added, backtracking to correct what she had said previously though it probably didn't help her cause.

Another second of silence passed and in an act of rebellion, Juhee broke the half of the pocky that wasn't in her boyfriend's mouth and popped it in her own, chewing it soundly.

Luhan laughed silently to himself as she sat smugly, satisfied as having averted the situation.

However, after finishing his part of the pocky, Luhan leaned in towards her.

She slowly shirked back, "What are you doing..."

"You said you'd rather kiss me," he smirked.

"No, that's not what--you know what I meant."

"I think you meant you wanted to kiss me, right?"

Juhee had leaned back far enough so her back was now against the wall. Luhan tilted towards her, his lips not far from hers. He waited for her to refuse, but she didn't. Their lips met sweetly, both enjoying each other's embrace. The awkwardness they felt at the beginning of their relationship gone, bringing the pair onto a deeper path together.

Suddenly the dorm room door creaked open and Luhan quickly pulled away as Juhee's roommate walked in.

"Oh hey, I didn't know your boyfriend was visiting," she greeted Luhan.

"Well yeah, here I am," he replied cordially.

She glanced at Juhee, who was fooling with her ruffled bangs.

"Wait...am I interrupting something?" She asked hesitantly.

"No!" They both answered too eagerly.

"OH! Do you want some pocky? Luhan brought a lot," Juhee added quickly as a fail attempt for damage control.

"Uh maybe later, I was just grabbing my stuff before heading over to the compsci lab to finish my project, I'll see you tomorrow morning?"

After her roommate had left, Juhee groaned and leaned her head back against the wall.

"This is your fault, you know that right?"

"Uh huh," Luhan complied.

She took another pocky and chomped it aggressively.

"You and your stupid ideas."


Sorry guys, I've had a fever and a lot of nasty sick stuff happen in addition to a lot of end of the semester work. So no lengthy a/n but you guys probably don't read them :P 

Love, Juhee

Interesting Fact: I actually had jjangmyeon on April 14th (i.e. Black Day). But also had pepero last year I believe~