Juhee's Birthday

When It Counts

Date Occurence: June 9, 2014


Juhee flopped on her bed after a long day out with her parents and little sister. The days were few that her dad would be home all day, so the entire family liked to make a big deal out of the days he was. She didn't really mind hanging out with them, it was always memorably fun but it was just...tiring. Juhee slipped from her day clothes into her comfiest pj's and brushed her hair out to get ready for bed. But she could probably afford to play a few rounds of the new K-pop app she had downloaded. It wasn't like she was addicted to it (she was).

She was in the middle of a very close round when her bedroom door creaked open. It was probably JIyeonnie pushing her way in since the door was left ajar. However, when she lifted her head up to look, it was her mom walking in, carefully balancing a cake between her hands. Two candles were lit, one in the shape of the number one, the other in the shape of an eight. Her dad followed in behind, holding Yeonnie back from putting her hands into the cake.

"Happy birthday to you~" They began to sing. Juhee groaned and pulled her blanket over her head. Ever since she had be old enough to stay up until midnight (at least without complaints from Megan and Jongin), her parents had created this tradition. It was quite cheesy, but it never failed to bring a smile to her face and make her birthday a bit more special than any ordinary day. Obviously, Juhee was not about to give her parents this satisfaction though. Blame Jongdae samchon's influence.

Juhee peeked her head back out of the blankets when she felt Yeonnie crawling on her bed, trying to figure out where her eonni had disappeared to. She squealed and laughed when she saw a head poke out of the blankets.

Megan and Jongin had finished their dramatically harmonized singing and the cake was held out in front of Juhee.

"Make a wish sweetie." Her mom prodded.

She closed her eyes and obediently made her wish, blowing out the candles afterwards.

"Thank you eomma, appa, and Yeonnie~" She squeezed the little girl sitting in her lap.

"Come on, let's go cut the cake," Jongin suggested, ruffling her hair affectionately.

"Nooo," she whined and attempted to detangle any knots that had formed, "it's pretty late for cake now."

Her father scoffed, "Since when do you think it's ever too late for cake? ...are you watching your figure for Luhan or something crazy?"

Megan rolled her eyes, "Yeobo..."

Juhee turned to her mother, "You know what? I will take my cake, a huge slice, thank you very much." She took the cake from her mom and began to walk to the dining room with it. Per usual, the cake was white chocolate with mango filling and light cream icing. No way was Juhee going to let her dad think that she was turning her favorite cake for some guy. She scoffed to herself. Fathers.

She set the cake down on the dining table and went to find a knife in the kitchen when her phone rang from her room. She shuffled quickly towards the direction of her room to get it but was met with her mom in the hallway who handed it to her. Looking at the caller ID, she noticed it was her boyfriend.

"Hannie?"

Jongin snorted at her pet name for Luhan, prompting her to stick her tongue out at him in return.

"Yuyu~ Happy birthday baobei!"

"Thank you, Ha—Luhan."

If Luhan noticed her stumbling, he didn't mention it and instead continued with his own train of thought. "Have you gotten any presents from your parents yet? What did you wish for?"

"Nuh uh, if I tell you it won't come true bendan."

He chuckled, "How would you know that for sure? It could be waiting outside your door right now."

"Eh?! Did Junmyeon mail his black card for me? Or did Taotao outgrow Gucci and donated all of his collections?"

"Yah, Kim Juhee." Jongin interjected as he was in hearing range.

Luhan guffawed, "anyways, you really do have a delivery so you might want to check your door now. Bye!"

She ended the call in confusion, turning to her parents for some sort of clarification. Jongin shrugged while Megan continued to cut the cake without looking up.

Shrugging to herself, she made her way to the door to open it.

"Hello!" A widely grinning Luhan greeted her.

"Woah why are you—"

A small yap caught her attention, a bit too high-pitched to be Jongin's poodle babies inside. It was then she noticed a leash in Luhan's hand which her eyes followed to the little Pomeranian puppy currently tangling himself and the leash between Luhan's legs.

She gasped and knelt down, heart already melting as she carefully took the little thing into her arms.

"Special birthday delivery," Luhan explained with a smile.

"Hannie you didn't have to—"

"He didn't." Juhee jumped, not realizing her dad had been behind her. "He's just the delivery boy," Jongin nodded towards Luhan with a (somewhat) playful grin.

Megan jabbed her husband's side lightly. "We were just about to have cake. You're more than welcome to join us Luhan."

Luhan bowed respectfully and stepped inside. "I'll just stay a bit, we still have a little more of rehearsal to run through."

Juhee cuddled the cute puppy with dreamy eyes. The puppy in return snuggled his small head into the crook of her arm contentedly.

Jongin smiled, "Are you happy, Juhee? You have the Monggah that you've always wanted now."

Juhee nodded, "Thank you appa and eomma. And Luhan for being the delivery boy." She smiled gratefully.

"If you're looking for a summer job, I don't recommend this one though Yuyu. The pay isn't that great." Luhan teased.

Jongin replied in mock disbelief, "what are you talking about? We're feeding you cake. And you get to see your girlfriend, my daughter after her curfew might I add. What more could you want?"

Before Luhan could think of replying, Megan called for the three of them. "Come on everyone. Cake! Jiyeon's staying up way beyond her bedtime, enough excitement for today."


Additional Details: HERE

Hey readers, it's been a hectic week at college so while I did actually do some edits, adding gifs and formatting everything takes too much time that I couldn't update earlier sorry. But aren't pomeranians super cute? But yes, hopefully for everyone out there that's had a hard week/month, this has cheered you up a bit! In the coming eweks, I will try to upload a bit faster in the coming weeks and maybe some of you could leave comments? Have a great start of the week everyone!

Love, Juhee

Interesting Fact(s): After coming to the realization that I was slightly addicted to Quizup, I deleted the app just so I could focus on my social life, school, etc. Also I've never actually had mango cake but I imagine it being yummy.