Spring Break (2/2)

When It Counts

8:13pm

"We may or may not have made too many pancakes..."

Juhee and Luhan had both been eating as much as they pleased during the cooking process but in the end there was still nearly a plate full.

"Well you can have some for breakfast every day until you go back to school?" Luhan suggested.

"Still...that leaves quite a bit, maybe you should take some with you for the boys."

Luhan nodded his agreement. "But, we should start cleaning."

At this, Juhee whined and slumped down in her seat.

"Xiao Yu," Luhan sang playfully.

"I know, I know. Let's just get it over with as quickly as possible. No funny business Mr. Lu"

Luhan raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean funny business?"

Juhee cleared all professional-like, "What I mean is no flicking of water or putting soap suds on my nose or anywhere else or anything involving water and dish soap you can think of."

Luhan sighed in exaggerated mock disappointment. "Fine, I will try really hard to refrain. As long as you don't leave me with all the work to find something that requires your utmost 'immediate attention'."

"Hmph when have I ever done that?" Juhee questioned, one hand cocked on her hip.

"Last time we had ramen at the dorm and it was our turn to clean up..." Luhan pointed out.

"...Oh that time." Juhee grinned sheepishly. "Well that was the past, I've matured a lot since then."

Luhan began to clear the dishes off the kitchen counter. "Uh huh."

"What? Don't you agree? I totally have!"

"Alright baobei."

 8:56pm

Juhee poured the bag of popcorn into a bowl and brought it into the living room, setting it on the table next to the bowl of cut fruits.

 "Hannie ge, I'm ready when you are!" She called out. Luhan had helped set up the video system so that they could watch the drama on the TV screen instead of her laptop. Juhee spread out a blanket she pulled from the hallway closet and covered herself warmly. Suddenly, her phone vibrated next to her.

"Hello?" She garbled, mouth currently full of popcorn.

"Juhee!"

"Ah eomma, I wasn't expecting a call from you."

"Eyyy, of course I'd call and check up on my daughter. How are you? You're eating regularly right? Are you okay and safe? Is the alarm system still working?"

"Woah so many questions eomma. Yes I'm fine, very safe. Luhan came over today. We're going to marathon dramas now."

"Hm, alright. Don't forget to lock the doors and turn off the lights before you sleep."

"Neh~. How are appa and Jiyeonnie? Are news siblings in the making yet?"

"Yah Kim Juhee." A sterner, masculine voice responded.

"Appa! Annyeong~" Juhee greeted her father cutely.

Megan sighed, "Definitely your appa's daughter. No bias at all. Anyways we're going to have lunch with your brother tomorrow. But you have fun marathoning with Luhan okay? And...stay safe."

"Mhmm! Ok bye eomma!"

"Wait Juhee, your sister wants to say bye."

Jiyeon gave her best shot at saying something, though it was mostly baby babbles.

"Wow her vocabulary, so impressive these days. Such immense improvement, kids growing up so fast."

"Juhee..."

"Kidding! Yeonnie is adorable as always, give her a hug for me will you?"

"I will. Don't stay up too late Juhee."

Juhee set her phone back down and picked up her cup of hot chocolate.

"Lulu, your gross decaf black coffee is getting cold!" Juhee called again.

Finally Luhan appeared, having changed into a white t-shirt and pajama pants. He sank down beside her and she shifted to give him more space and spread the blanket over him as well.

"How many episodes are we going to aim for?" Luhan asked, taking the popcorn bowl and putting it in his lap. His girlfriend tended to unintentionally eat nonstop with disregard to sharing.

"Until you fall asleep."

Luhan chuckled, "and why are we so sure I'll fall asleep first hm?"

"Uh because you're a senior citizen who needs his rest?"

Luhan's eyes narrowed, "Wrong answer and not true."

Juhee stuck her tongue out at him and reached for the popcorn bowl, which he promptly held over the armrest out of her reach.

"But I want sommeeee!"

Her boyfriend grinned and pulled it back, though still too far away for Juhee to reach.

"Oh perfect manly Luhan ge, I still can't reach."

"Can't do anything about that. Maybe you should move closer to me then."

Juhee muttered incorrigible sounds under her breath but still scooted closer to him.

"Why do you smell good?"

"Hm I don't know...maybe because my girlfriend decided to break her own rules and put soap suds in my hair. Do you think my girlfriend has anything to say about her actions, Xiao Yu?" Luhan reached around to poke her waist.

"To be fair, I never said it was an universal rule. It was a Luhan rule, therefore your girlfriend did nothing wrong." Juhee nodded, satisfied with her quick thinking.

Luhan stared at her blankly.

"Either way my house, my rules. Anyways let's start!~" Juhee pressed the spacebar on her laptop and leaned back to snuggle comfortably against Luhan.

After a few moments of silence, Juhee mumbled softly "Thanks for today Hannie." It was probably better to relay her appreciation now before either of them got too engrossed or fell asleep.

"My pleasure baobei." He responded automatically, taking his coming over to be expected. Luhan shifted to rest his arm around Juhee's shoulders, bringing her closer and causing Juhee's head to fall naturally against the groove between his shoulder and neck.

1:21am

Luhan stifled a yawn. He looked down to see Juhee's eyelashes resting on her cheeks and a rhythmic beat of exhales and inhales through her slightly open mouth, signaling that she had been asleep for a while already. He laughed silently, remembering how adamant she had been about the fact he would fall asleep first.

He got up carefully, cradling her upper body and gently laying her back down. He wasn't about to risk waking her up. Adjusting the blankets snugly around her, he made sure she was covered fully before turning off the TV.

"Wan an qing ai de..." Luhan gently stole a kiss from his girlfriend's sleeping lips. While it would have been nice to cuddle on such a cold night, at least he had a whole bed to himself now, he told himself as he trudged down the hall to sleep in Juhee's bed. 


Wan an - good night

Qing ai de - honey/darling/my love, take your pick

Additional Details: HERE

After a few days of intense exams (thank god spring break is next week)...I am here with the second half of the spring break scenario. Did you like it? Leave me some comments! As I've said before, comment on this blog post (HERE) with anything you're confused about. Hope you guys have a terrific Thursday (I won't...sigh college midterms). 

Love, Juhee

Interesting Fact: I uploaded this on the exact day last year it supposedly occured. *high fives self*