Young Master's Birthday

When It Counts

Date Occurence: April 20, 2014


Juhee fitted around the communal kitchen, hurriedly trying to finish cooking. She sighed, taking a sip of the ramen broth. Hopefully the ingredients she added enhanced the soup and not the opposite. She checked the recipe on her laptop again, keeping an eye on the eggs frying in the wok. Since it was Luhan's birthday, she had wanted the ramen to be at least a bit more special, even if she was doubtful how all of it was going to turn out.

Checking the time and realizing how little she had left, Juhee decided that everything was cooked to the extent that it wouldn't be killing anyone, least of all Exo's Luhan (what a loss to the world that would be), and despite the lackluster appearance, the ramen was quite tasty. Packing it into a tumbler, along with the other foods in their proper containers, she ran everything back to her room to start getting dressed and look nice.

Once she got inside, her phone started vibrating. Recognizing Luhan's ringtone, she picked it up quickly, a bit irked since she wasn't quite ready yet. "Hello?"

"Hey."

"Are you outside already?" She asked hurriedly, trying to slip on the outfit set out on her bed as she changed from her loungewear.

"Ah no, I'm about fifteen minutes away, why?" Luhan responded, and Juhee could already picture the smug smirk on his face, "are you not ready yet?"

"No I just wanted to know, for door opening purposes." Juhee blurted as an excuse, packing everything in a rush. "Just text me when you get here and I'll meet you at the door okay?" Not even waiting for a confirmation, she hung up and threw her phone down hastily on her bed in hopes of getting somewhat ready in ten minutes.

Somehow, her eyeliner had cooperated the first time around, mascara and lip gloss glided on effortlessly. As she packed the last of the necessities into her backpack, she heard her room door open. Expecting it to her roommate, Juhee turned to greet her quickly before going back to packing, "He—Luhan?!" She jumped back, taken by surprise.

Luhan smiled gently, "Someone saw me approach the door from where they were sitting in the lounge and let me in. He didn't seem to know my name or recognize though, just called me 'Juhee's boyfriend'".

Juhee pouted, "But we aren't going to stay here..." She picked up her backpack and the cooler. "Let's go. We're going to eat outside tonight."

Luhan followed after obediently, smoothly taking the cooler from his girlfriend before motioning to grab her hand. "Hm so my little Yuyu actually planned something this time?"

"Yes, she has." Juhee countered cheerfully. It had always been Luhan who had taken care of her, partly because of his manliness but also because he was the responsible older one in the relationship. Even if it was for one night, Juhee felt good being able to take care of him, even just a bit.

"Is everything a surprise?" Luhan asked, looking around campus. "You haven't really told me anything." He noted.

Juhee turned to face him cutely, swinging their arms, "Everything would be ruined if I told you!~" She led him down the pathway into the fields. "You remember here right?"

Luhan nodded, mouth quirked up with a tiny smile. "The sparklers and the couple selca that got me into trouble." He recalled, "did you get your hands on more sparklers?"

"Nope! Something possibly better. Stay here." She commanded as she walked away. Luhan complied but looked around like a lost kid in the middle of the field. Retrieving the soccer ball she had managed to borrow from one of the guys in her dorm, she stared blankly at it for a second before taking a deep breath. Sports had never been her thing (except ballet which appa had insisted was vital for success of life), but it definitely was Luhan's and it was his birthday after all...the least she could do was something he loved right?

I can do this. I will not fail epically. I got this. She chanted before kicking the ball in Luhan's general direction. "HANNIE THINK FAST!" She yelled out.

The older boy snapped out of his zoned-out state and stopped the ball that rolled underneath his foot easily. "Football?" (a/n: anywhere other than the States calls it this so...) He yelled back, looking at her with a bit of disbelief, "you're going to play football with me Yuyu?" He commented ecstatically.

"Well...um yea." She mumbled, a little embarrassed at her lack of skills as she walked towards him. "We should do something that you like right...I mean it is your birthday, I even wore the right shoes." She pointed down at her shoes.

"Do you even know how to play?" He asked, as he dribbled the ball and kicked it towards her softly.

"...Don't you just kick the ball?" Juhee asked confused, "it doesn't look that hard..."

Her boyfriend looked at her and patted her head. "Oh Yuyu..."

Luhan spent the next hour teaching Juhee how to run and kick the ball with proper form. After a bit, she was at a level that seemed to be acceptable to the Young Master Lu. "Alright, now that you've learned a little bit, how about we play a game?"

"Um...let's eat first." Juhee suggested, hoping to get out of playing anymore with Luhan. Sure she was willing to play because he was her boyfriend but that didn't mean she enjoyed it any more than she did in the past. "The food is probably getting cold or soggy anyways..."

Juhee quickly walked over to the cooler and began taking things out. Two bowls, and plates along with necessary utensils and fruits that she had cut up (quickly nicely for her standards). "Happy birthday." She said weakly, gesturing to the bowl of ramen and handed it to Luhan. "They're not longevity noodles but..."

Luhan smiled his understanding and gave his girlfriend a peck on the forehead before taking the bowl from her. "Everything's wonderful Yuyu. I don't really like those much anyways."

The two ate calmly, Luhan eating a third of the food before laying down on the grass. Juhee worked quietly on packing everything up and turned around to find him laying in the grass with his shirt bunched up above his tummy, posing his abdomen and developing abs. Juhee prayed that he wouldn't notice the way her eyes had lingered on the exposed skin before she spoke up, "Hannie, what are you doing?"

"I'm really full baobei." He stated, sitting up onto his elbows, "All the food was really good, even if it had cooled down, but I just don't think I could eat anything else at this point."

"Oh...okay." She responded, putting away the cupcake she had made him. If he didn't want it now, she could always give it to him to take back, right?

"Hm Yuyu, let's play one last game."

"But we just ate..."

"Eyyyy but it's my birthday though. Just one game. One point win."

Juhee looked at him a bit troubled but nodded. "Only because it's your birthday."

The two then proceeded to the middle of the field, the ball between Luhan's legs. "Okay, to give you some incentive," he began, "first person to score gets a wish."

"What?! You're totally going to wi—" She protested.

"My birthday~" He sang again.

"Fine..." Juhee grumbled.

"Okay then...three...two—Yah!” Juhee had ran for the ball at two, hoping to get past Luhan before he could get the ball, but it was of course to no avail. After a few moments of fighting for the ball, Luhan took it from Juhee and ran it to her goal end. He shot it in easily and then turned to her smiling. "Thank you Yuyu, I know you just let me win." He grinned smugly.

"I'm just keeping my true soccer skill s a secret so you can feel manly..." She countered, sitting down on the field.

Luhan sat down next to her and gave Juhee a kiss on the cheek sweetly. "Thank you for that, and this of course. I've had a wonderful birthday date with you."

"I...I'm still working on your present so you need to just...wait for it."

"I thought this was it?"

"Well um if you want...but yea..." she ran back to her bag of stuff and pulled out a box of cupcakes, a candle, and a lighter. Walking back to Luhan shyly, she sat down next to him and assembled the small semblance of a birthday cake. He watched amused as she fumbled through the birthday song in Chinese before blowing out the candle.

"You know, I get two wishes..."

"Two?"

"Yeah because I won our match right? So one from you and one from the cake."

"Well...what do you want then?"

Luhan looked at the cupcake happily, before quickly putting some icing on her cheek. "You're so cute."

Juhee rolled her eyes, "This. This is what you wanted Luhan?"

"No..." He replied playfully before turning his head and tapping his cheek.

She blushed, understanding his wish and hesitantly leaned forward to give Luhan a quick peck, but not before he managed to turn his face shyly and then his lips met hers.

Pulling back in surprise, Juhee's face flamed up as Luhan laughed whole-heartedly and wiped off the icing on her cheek, it off his finger afterwards. "That's what I wanted."


Longevity Noodles: Since noodles are long and continuous in shape, it symbolizes good health and longevity to have noodles in one’s birthday.

Additional Details: HERE

So awkwardly enough now that I'm on spring break, my productivity level is at subzero...ha.ha.ha but I did manage an upload before a week passed! And just to show how sorry I am...this is actually an entire scenario and not something I cut in half. But did you guys like it? Leave some comments about your thoughts and stuff :) As always, blog post (HERE). Have a wonderful Wednesday, I know I did ;)

Love, Juhee

Interesting Fact(s): I can't bake to save my life. Hopefully opting out of baking would have saved AU Luhan if AU Juhee was anything like me. THOUGH not to boast but I'm pretty good at making gourmet ramen with fresh produce and all. :)