The Fair (1/2)

When It Counts

Date Occurence: Mid-October 2013

Real Life Situation: Midterm Season


"I know I know, you're here! I got it, I'm on my way down now!" Juhee practically floated and tripped down the stairs and out of her dorm complex. After a long several days of studying and cramming, midterms were finally over and classes were finished for the day. She was looking forward to a fun evening with her boyfriend.

barrett.jpg
(a/n: this is actually the dorm right next to mine currently kekeke)

Luhan stood leaning against the passenger side of his car in front of Juhee's dorm, pocketing his phone after the short conversation with his girlfriend (in which he had said nothing). He opened the door as she approached closer. Juhee thanked him with a grateful smile for his gentlemanly gesture and moved to enter the passenger side of his car.

However, he stepped in front of the door, preventing her from ducking in.

"What's up?" She questioned.

"Aren't you forgetting something?" Luhan questioned vaguely.

She felt her small backpack to double-check, "No? I have my phone...sweater...wallet..."

"Xiao Yu..." Luhan's recent favorite pet name for Juhee played on his lips with a small smile. She noted to herself how much better it sounded to hear him say it in person rather than via text or even phone calls, voices always sounded different over the phone.

Without waiting for his girlfriend's response, Luhan pulled her into himself. After a moment of hesitant surprise, she shyly returned his hug.

100279_original.gif

"I missed you," he muttered as he reluctantly pulled away from her.

"I missed you more," she played along with a teasing but grateful smile.

Luhan stepped aside to let her take her seat, mumbling quietly to himself that his girlfriend's previous statement was impossible, "I doubt it..." as he closed the door for her and walked around to get into the driver's seat.

"Anyways, I have questioned various...reliable sources and the verdict is that you'll thoroughly enjoy this evening's events." Luhan buckled his seat belt (a/n: buckling up is important!) and began to drive out and away from Juhee's school campus.

"To be honest, I'm just glad to be getting away from here for even just a little bit." Juhee admitted sheepishly.

"Oh? How do you think you did?" Luhan stole a quick glance at her.

Her face broke into a smug smirk, "I think appa and Chanyeol samchon have some shoe shopping to do."

Luhan chuckled, "I've heard about this."

Juhee nodded fervently and looked out of the window, noticing Luhan making a turn towards the freeway. "Where are we going anyways?"

Luhan's focus remained on the traffic outside but acknowledged her question, "I know you're not a fan of surprises, but trust me, you'll definitely like this one, okay Xiao Yu?"

She fiddled a bit with the drawstrings on her sweatshirt. "Okay...but um how often do you plan on calling me that?"

"Calling you what?" Luhan inquired with a familiar glint in his eyes and a knowing smile.

tumblr_static_luhan_why.gif

Juhee could not help rolling her eyes at his childishness, "you know what I mean."

"Ah, that." He nodded as if he just understood, "it depends. Do you not like it?"

"No, it's fine. It's just—"

"Good."

She  turned to him, confused. "You haven't answered my question."

"If you like it, then your question is irrelevant." He retaliated with practiced ease.

Juhee scrunched her face at her now overly smug boyfriend which he saw out of the corner of his eye and laughed.

"You should sleep if you can. The drive is a bit long."

She nodded in agreement and settled into her seat and took a deep breath. A little nap would be nice.

~~~~~~~

The sudden change in speed and direction of the car jotted Juhee awake. She rubbed her eyes in sleepy confusion and checked out the dashboard to see that 30 minutes had passed.

Antenna-Kia-Soul-Create-Custom-GShock-Ca

Half an hour in what direction from campus, she did not know.

Luhan deftly pulled into a parking lot, which for the most part, was strangely quite empty. Juhee looked around curiously to find any indicators of where they could be, but the lot was enclosed by high wooden fences.

"Hannie...you're not kidnapping me, are you?"

Luhan gave her a dead-pan look with that innocent face of his, "Ah...so you've figured it out..." He nodded to himself conclusively, "I guess I'll really have to use the chloroform now..."

"L-Luhan!"

His face broke into jaw-breaking laughing (a/n: I'm sure you all know what I mean without a gif...), "I'm just joking. No, I'm not kidnapping you. But this is our destination, but I think you'll understand better once we get out of the car."

tumblr_inline_nccacpLcX01r8x9ve.gif

Juhee opened the door and got out, looking around  to see anything she possibly missed seeing inside the car. Even though it was dark, she could now see brightly colored lights from over the fence. Happy jingles filled the air, like the familiar tunes that played on carousels and Ferris wheels.

Luhan walked over to the passenger side of the car after getting his backpack from the trunk.

"Are you surprised?"

"A little...I didn't know there was a fair nearby..."

Her boyfriend smiled and held out his hand to her, and she complied, shyly lacing their fingers. Luhan led them in the direction of a fence, which as they got closer, she realized was a gate.

776060.gif

"Hannie...is this the entrance...?"

He lifted the latch and pulled the gate open. "The official one, no."

Juhee quickly tugged back on his arm to stop him from going on, "Are we allowed to go this way? Don't we have to pay or something first? This is trespassing! "

Luhan turned towards her, stepping in and taking her by surprise at his sudden closeness. He smiled down as he spoke. "Don't you trust me, Xiao Yu?"

Caught up in his glance, she responded with a wordless nod.

"Everything's been taken care of okay? I just want you to have fun with me tonight. Don't worry about anything. I have it all planned out." At this he bent down and lovingly kissed her forehead.


(a/n: this might be Sehun but it felt right here)

"Let's go in, shall we?"


a/n: So this date was a bit too long for me to upload tonight and because I got such positive feedback, I felt like I had to upload something for you guys...I'll definitely try to upload the second half tomorrow or Saturday! Please send any questions you may have as comments to this blog post (HERE)

QUESTION: How do you guys feel about the images and gifs? Do you like them? Do they take away from the story? Would you prefer to imagine the scene on your own? Let me know so I can edit accordingly :) Also have a wonderful evening/morning/afternoon <3

Love, Juhee

Interesting Fact: I am weak against chivalry and even weaker towards guys pulling me into hugs, especially if I have romantic feelings for them, not that it happens at all. #5evralone