Chapter 6

Love Better
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 6

 

"Taetae!" An old woman shrieked in excitement as she got a sight of her first-born child enter the room. She took her into her arms, smothering her with kisses all over her face. "I missed you so much. When was the last time you visited us? What keeps you so busy and have no time to visit us again? You're bad, Taetae." The mother held Taeyeon's face in the palm of her hands, inspecting her daughter. "And why do you look thinner? Do you even eat regularly?" She frowned.

 

She grinned as her mom showered her with affection and bombarded her with questions. And she knew her mother was overreacting because her weight is just the same. "I'm fine, Umma. Don't worry. And I miss you too" She hugged her mother seeking more warmth from her. 

 

"How can I not worry when you look so thin like this? Even now your cheekbones are noticeable. From now on I'll send healthy foods for you. Or better why don't you just live with us again?" She scolded. 

 

She chuckled at her dramatic and bubbly mother. "I'm fine by myself, Umma." She gave her mother a kiss on the cheek before releasing the hug. She stepped back giving some space between them and stretching her body then let out a grunt. "By the way, why are we here? And where is Hayeonie? Is it just the three of us?"

 

"She can't come, she has an appointment with her friend. And I don't know, you can ask your father directly later."

 

Just in cue, the man in his fifties walked in the private room. He wore an expensive black suit, polished leather shoes and a wristwatch draped on his wrist. "Appa!" She called out. 

 

"Oh my child!" He opened wide his arms, wrapped her into his arms hugging her tightly. He patted her back, smiling broadly he had missed her so much. He separated their bodies, placed his hands on her shoulders examined her. He furrowed his eyebrows. "Why are you wearing T-shirt and jeans? I told you to dress up!"

 

"When did you ask me to dress up? You just told me to come here!" She retorted.

 

"I did, Taetae! Did you even check your cellphone?!"

 

She dug her hand into her pocket, fisted out her phone. "Uh-oh. I just read it now. Sorry." She grinned at her father. 

 

"Aish this kid. Wait here." She watched her father walk out briskly to no one know where.

 

Taeyeon raised her brows, turned to her mother. "What's the deal?" The mother shrugged, not sure what her husband was planning either.

 

She slid the glass door open, stepped out to the balcony connected to the room. The weather today was so chilly, she stayed outside for a while.

 

"Taeyeon-ah, come here!" Her father yelled out.

 

A frown rolled over her face, as she looked at her father suspiciously. "Appa, what is that for?" She eyed a blazer in his hand. 

 

"This is for you. You will wear it later. Come here, let me see if it suits you." The old man stated eagerly.

 

Her frown deepened as he stood before her. "Appa, where did you even get that?"

 

"It belongs to Manager Lee. Now quit asking. Put this on!" He said impatiently.

 

"No. I don't wanna." She objected. "Who will we meet anyway? Why should I dress up?" She asked curiously.

 

His face engaged in a grin which created several wrinkles around his eyes, showing his age. "He is a good friend of mine back in high school. We lost contact a long time ago but somehow managed to reach each other again. He is one of the important people in this country. We promised to meet each other again since the last time we bumped into each other we had no time to catch up. So here we are." His grin widened. 

 

"I don't see why I have to be here." She mumbled, earned her a slight slap on the arm. 

 

"Yah you kid! I told you he's important person! He is the chief presidential secretary! We agreed to bring our family together and I also want to introduce you to him. So now wear this. No more objections." He handed over the blazer, and before she can put it on his cellphone rang. He grabbed a seat and picking up the call.

 

Taeyeon turned to her mom, keeping her voice low. "Umma, can we order some food first? I'm so hungry."

 

The old woman looked at her whining daughter briefly before pay attention back to her husband, listening the conversation closely. "Ah is that so? Yes yes It's okay. No need to apologize. There is always another time." Despite his words, he couldn't hide his dissapointment as his shoulders slumped down. 

 

She brought her gaze back on her daughter. "Seems like the meeting is canceled. Go order the foods." She instructed, watching her get out of the room calling the waiter. She eyed her husband hang up the call, sank into a chair and sighed. "Cancel?" He nodded.

 

Taeyeon returned to the room with a waiter trailed along. "Light up, Appa! Let's order foods!" She said excitably, tried to lift the somber atmosphere. They spent time chatting, catch up with each other. The couple wanted to ask her something they were so itchy to ask but they knew it wasn't the right time and didn't want to ruin this meeting since Taeyeon was in a good mood. So they will save it for another time.

 

 

Taeyeon sat in her cubicle feeling uneasy, as she was contemplating since morning if she had to go to her boss' office for apologize about the other day. She looked at the clock on the wall, in fifteen minutes it was lunch time. Maybe she could take that opportunity. She had tried to focus on work but she couldn't and ended up trying to put words together to apologize.

 

"Yah Kim Taeng, come on it's lunch time." Sunny walked over to her as she noticed Taeyeon didn't come out of her cubicle. 

 

"You go first. I still have something to do." She pretended to be focus, fixing her eyes on her computer. She took a glance at her friend who was frowning suspiciously, she immediately added in. "I will come later."

 

Heechul appeared next to Sunny. "Yah Taengoo, get your out there. Let's grab a lunch!"

 

"Let's go, Oppa. She will come later." She pulled him by hand, dragging him out of the office.

 

She stood up scanning the room make sure the coast was clear, before she walked towards a particular room. She was about to knock the door, when the owner opened the door. Taeyeon gulped anxious as her boss was standing before her, she noticed eye bags under her eyes.

 

Tiffany surprised as she found her behind her door. She tried to maintain her straight face, as the sight of Taeyeon standing nervously before her was quite entertaining. "What are you doing here?" She stated toneless, eyes piercing into her.

 

Taeyeon didn't know if she made the right decision by confronting her boss like this. The woman was scaring the hell out of her. She froze in her spot, throwing her gaze somewhere but her. "I'm sorry for the other day. I-i didn't mean to take him out with me to play in the park." She swallowed  a big lump in before continuing. "He came to my apartment himself -I meant with his babysitter yes- but! I didn't ask him to came over!" She explained agitatedly. "I don't even know how he got there. Like he was somehow there, in front of my door and I-"

 

Hearing Taeyeon's babble, Tiffany let out a deep sigh and hushed her. "Taeyeon. It's okay. I know. You've been forgiven."

 

"Really? You accept my apologize?" Her eyes were round staring at her in pure doubt, hadn't expect her to forgive her that easily since she looked so upset in the park.

 

"Yes Kim Taeyeon, you've been forgiven." She gave her a smile that didn't quite reach her eyes.

 

"Thank you, Ma'am. I promise you, it would never happen again."

 

The boss nodded her head. "As for the bicycle, how much should I pay you?"

 

"No no it's okay. I bought it for him myself. You don't need to pay me back." Taeyeon declined. She watched the woman cocked her brow up, a sense of displeasure plastered on her face. It made Taeyeon panic. 

 

"I pay. How much?" Tiffany didn't take no as an answer, so Taeyeon can do nothin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter