Chapter 3

Love Better
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

 

"Mommy."


"Hm?"


"Ice cream, please?"


She kept her eyes on laptop and furrowed her eyebrows. "We had a deal, no ice cream for a week."


"Nooo. Mommy pleaseee." The son kept on whining, persuading his mother for give him his favourite treat.


"Well you have to listen to me next time." The mother typed on her laptop, hadn't effected with her son's whine.


"But-" The ringing phone cut off her son.
She looked over her phone on the table and rolled her eyes when she looked at who is called. "What?" She said curtly.


"Hey darling."


"What do you want?"


"Aw you don't sound so happy I call you. Didn't you miss me?"


She hissed and kept her voice low. "Just cut the crap. What do you want?"


"Mommy, is that Daddy?" The little boy jumped from his seat and shouted. "DADDY!"


The father chuckled. "Ah my son is there. Can you give the phone to him, babe?"


"Stop calling me that." She replied. "And you Stephan. How many times I told you to don't shout when I pick up a call? What if it's not your father?" She scolded her son.


"I'm sorry, Mommy." He said quietly feeling guilty to made his mom mad. "Can I talk with Daddy, please?" She sighed and give the phone to him.


He took the phone eagerly. "Daddy!"


"Hey son. Daddy missed you. What are you doing now?"


"I missed you too, Daddy. I just finished eating. When you go home?"


"I'm going home soon, don't worry. Daddy's sorry, had been so busy lately and can't called."


"It's okay. Daddy, I have a new friend. She gave me robot. Daddy, buy me a robot!" He talked excitedly with his father.


Then his mother butted in and said loudly so his father can hear her. "No new toy for you. You have a lot of those already."


"But Mommy, all I have are cars and trains. Oh and Legos! I haven't robot yet!"


"You have one already. Your new friend gave you one."


"I want more!"


"Okay I will buy you one." The father interrupted. 


"Really? Thank you, Daddy!" He smiled so wide. He loves his dad so much, because he always granted his wishes. His mother on another hand, always so strict on him. But that's not make him love her less.


She frowned, extending her hand. "Give me the phone." Took the phone from her son, she hissed on the other line. "What did I say about don't give everything your son want? Do you want him to be a spoiled brat? Stop pampering him and be a responsible parent." She watched her son turning away with his still wide smile, takes his robot on floor and plays with it.


The man sighed. "He's just a kid, Tiff. And I don't spoil him. I just want to give him a present for him to be a good boy-"


"A good boy you said?! He had made a mess in my office. Stole my subordinate's stuffs, Scrabbled on her paper work and-"


"Okay okay okay. I'm sorry, okay? But I've promised to him, Tiff. Please just let this one slide?"


"No. It's not my problem. I've told you it's a no for a new toy, but you still went for it so you deal with it yourself. Bye." She ended the call abruptly.


She hates how the man can't say no to his son and always give in.  She, herself, would give everything to her son, as long as it's needed, necessary and not overdoing. She doesn't want her son to being a spoiled kid, and thinking he can gets everything easily. She wants to discipline him since young and wants him learn to earn something with a hard work and efforts. But of course she should be a bad guy here, limit her son's every needs. She sighed.


"Mommy." Her son called, she lifted her head. "Ice cream?"

 

 

In a sunday morning, a figure covered in a thick blanket still in her deep slumber, unaware of her phone ringing in the room. Hours later someone banging her room door.

 

"YAH KIM TAEYEON! WAKE UP NOW!" She cursed, regretting give her friend her apartment's password. Now the devil kept banging on her door like a mad woman. Luckily, she had locked the door when she went to sleep, known something like this was going to happen.

 

About to resume her sleep, thinking she can gets some more minutes. Suddenly her devil friend shouting. "IF YOU DON'T GET YOUR UP RIGHT ING NOW, I WON'T LEND YOU THAT NEW GAME YOU'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR!" Sunny threatened.


Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows, thinking drowsily. "What game-" She jumped of her previous position. "YOU GOT THE GAME?" She yelled out. 


"YES!" She knew, she got her attention now. "AND IF YOU DON'T OPEN THIS GOD DAMN DOOR RIGHT NOW I WILL-." She heard taeyeon cursing loudly. 

 

"Holy !" She got out of her bed and unlocked the door. Welcomed with a smirking devil. "Give me the game." Taeyeon demanded.

 

She hit her head. "You jerk, made me waiting like an idiot! You'd promised me to make me get close to him." The plan was they would jog around Taeyeon's neighbourhood this morning in attempt to get her get close with Taeyeon's -according to Sunny- handsome neighbor by pretending to bump into him when he is jogging then Taeyeon introduces her to him. The problem is Taeyeon isn't interest in matchmaking and reasoning it's not like she closes with him. 

 

"I promised you nothing. You came to that conculusion yourself. And god, how many times I told you I don't even know him that much, other than his name." Taeyeon defended. 

 

"You jerk! Then you go befriend with him! Don't you wanna see me happy? So much to be my best friend." Sunny grumbled.

 

"I'm still sleepy. Are you done?" She said flatly.

 

Sunny huffed, knowing her friend is grumpy now. “Ugh once a jerk stay a jerk. " She got out of the room, slammed the door close. She went to living room, roomaging the shelf wherein Taeyeon’s PlayStation discs placed. When she got the game she wants, she sets the disc in and start playing.

 

After a few hours playing alone, she heard the sound of the door opening followed with a weight settled beside her. She stayed silent, ignoring her friend. “Let's play together.” Taeyeon mumbled with a hoarse voice and reached to other controller.

 

Sunny scoffed. “Atleast wash your face first, you gross."

 

“What? My face is alright. Still as flawless ever.”

 

“Really? Then what is that drool doing on your face?” Sunny stifled a laugh at her overconfident friend. 

 

Taeyeon lifted her hand to touch her face. “What dr- .” Taeyeon sighed, lazily dragged her feets to the bathroom washed her face and brushed her tooths. Back to living room, she took a seat back and playing with Sunny.

 

Not long after she talked. “Sorry. It's not like I don't wanna help you, but really I don't even know him that much, I just once helped him find his phone, he thanked me we exchanged names with each other and that's it. We greeted each other when we bumped out of polite only.” Taeyeon explained, eyes still on TV.

 

Sunny sighed. “It's okay. Probably I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter