Chapter 9

Love Better
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I'm bored. What are you doing?

 

Gaming. Get a new hobby so you won't get bored so easily.

 

I don't know what hobby I should get into. Have no interest in anything other than bothering you.

 

Taeyeon stopped her game and turned off her console before dialing a familiar number.

 

She plopped down on the sofa as she waited for another line to pick up.

 

"Hello."

 

"Hi piggy."

 

"Hi stupid."

 

Taeyeon let out a low chuckle. "What are you doing now?"

 

"Just lay in the bed and now talking with you. How about you? You told me you were playing game. Why do you call?"

 

"I don't know. I think someone succeeds bugging me."

 

"But I don't ask you to call me."

 

"Should I hang up then?"

 

"No! I mean no... Can you stay on the line and talk to me?"

 

"What do I get if I do?" Taeyeon teased.

 

"You can eat anything you want tomorrow. All my treats."

 

"Of course you're the birthday girl! But can I get it now? I'm starving now."

 

"What? You haven't had your dinner yet? It's past nine, Tae!"

 

"I know. I lost track of time."

 

"You have to get your meals on time, Taeyeon. Why are you so careless about your health."

 

"It's nothing really. I do it all the time."

 

"That's a bad habit. You have to take better care of yourself. I'll remind you to eat on time from now on." There was a pregnant pause before Tiffany added. "So, should I fetch you or you pick me up?"

 

Tiffany jumped out of her bed, getting ready to a night out with Taeyeon. This would be the first time for them, and Tiffany couldn't hold back her excitement.

 

Luckily Stephan was sleeping over at her father's place. The old man had conveyed he missed his grandson so much and asked if he could have him for the day. He asked her as well but she refused to her father's dismay.

 

Tiffany was waiting in front of the entrance of her apartment building, not long after a benz halted its movement and coming out Taeyeon with a grin on her face. 

 

She somehow remained rooted in her place, seeing Taeyeon drew near to her. Her gaze was creeping downward to check Taeyeon out. She had a long-sleeved shirt on, short cargo pants and sandals.

 

Her stare stopped at Taeyeon's leg muscles. Is it a perk of have a cycling as a hobby that she manages to have those fine toned legs effortlessly. A tint of pink rushed to her face. 

 

This wasn't the first time she had seen them, but that didn't stop her from gawking. Her blush was deepening as she recalled, she had witnessed her in a boxers once when she came unannounced to deliver her new receipt to Taeyeon.

 

"Hi there."

 

"Hi." Tiffany smiled shyly. 

 

"Ready for our night out?"

 

By a bashful nod, Taeyeon led her to her car and opened the car door for her like a gentlewoman she is.

 

If she said she didn't swoon at Taeyeon's gestures, it would be a big lie. There were butterflies flying in her stomach whenever Taeyeon did something to her.

 

Taeyeon might could be so childish big time, but at times like this she had always managed to make her heart flutter.

 

There had been plenty men who had tried to swoon her in recent years, but none of them had been succeeded until Taeyeon effortlessly crumbled down her walls and made her yearn for this feeling. 

 

As they passed through the main gate, Taeyeon asked if there was any place she wanted to go. But Tiffany said since it was her who wanted to eat, she could decided herself.

 

After ten minutes of comfortable silent drive, they stopped at a small humble restaurant in town.

 

"Is this...?" She trailed off as she throw Taeyeon a question look. 

 

"Yes." She grinned at Tiffany.

 

Taeyeon scouted Tiffany to take a seat at the table in the corner before an old woman approached them with a note and pen in her hand.

 

"Taeyeon-ah, finally you come with a girlfriend." A friendly old woman said with a kind smile on her face.

 

Their eyes widened at her statement.

 

"Ahjumma, she's not my girlfriend! A friend! Just a friend!" She unintentionally raised her voice a bit. 

 

"Ah, what a shame. She's so beautiful."

 

"Uhm yeah..." Taeyeon set her gaze at the blushing Tiffany. 

 

"Sorry about that." She said after placing an order. 

 

"Yeah it's okay."

 

"You've been so quiet since our way here. Is everything okay?"

 

"I'm okay. It's just..." She trailed off.

 

"Do you feel uncomfortable here? We can go elsewhere if you want." Taeyeon patted Tiffany's hand on the table gently as she sat across from her.

 

After a while trying to convince Taeyeon that she was fine, Tiffany helped Taeyeon grill the meats.

 

"You sure you don't want this?" She cut the beef into small pieces. "You have to know that everything in this restaurant tastes delicious."

 

"Don't tempting me, Kim Taeyeon." She watched as Taeyeon put a piece of grilled meat onto a leaf of lettuce, topped it off with rice and thick spicy paste. She was wrapping the leaf around the entire continents and then eating it.

 

She gulped, she had eaten her dinner but the smell of grilled meat made watering. 

 

Taeyeon wrapped another piece of meat without rice before ing it to Tiffany. "Just one bite. You won't regret it."

 

Giving up on Taeyeon's persuasion, she opened and grinding her teeth chewing it in .

 

"Good?"

 

She swallowed the contents first before nodding. "But it's not that spicy."

 

"That's because I asked them to make it less spicy for me. You know I can't eat spicy food."

 

"You and your sweet tooth." Tiffany shook her head. 

 

"You want me to order you another one?"

 

"Do you wanna make me fat?"

 

"Some fat would look good on you."

 

"Is this mocking?" She cocked one of her eyebrows. 

 

"No. But really if you can't finish it, I'll do it for you."

 

"Just say you want more free food."

 

They were talking about their day while eating. Taeyeon had known that the little boy was with his grandpa a whole day, that was why she didn't hesitate to ask her out tonight.

 

She felt sorry when Tiffany told her how dead bored she was, spending her time alone. Tiffany had been asked since morning if she could accompany her, she even said she didn't mind if they had to watch those horror movies Taeyeon loved. But to Tiffany's dismay Taeyeon had appointment with her friends so she couldn't.

 

"So you were killing time by baking?"

 

Tiffany nodded.

 

"You don't seem pleased Stephan eats sweets. Yet you keep making sweets? Don't you think it kind of contradictory?"

 

"I don't know what else to do, okay. I mean I thought about going shopping but it would be no fun if I go alone. Besides it's not like I let him eat all of them, so it's fine."

 

"Oh so what you mean is it's not okay if Stephan eats them but if it's me it's okay?!"

 

A little did Taeyeon know. That the real reason why Tiffany kept baking was because of her. It was just an excuse, so she could invite or visit Taeyeon and they could spend more time together and she could learn more about Taeyeon. It was after all just a bribe, the only way that Tiffany knew to keep Taeyeon close to her. 

 

"Do you know that I visited dentist thrice this month?!" She added. 

 

"What... Really?" Tiffany laughed lightly.

 

"Hey, don't laugh! You hurt my teeth!"

 

"Now for my defense, you had never refused! You love whatever I baked! Or you have a second thought now and don't want any of them again?"

 

Taeyeon gasped. "I don't mean it like that! I do love your bake! I'll pay if you want me to! It's just... My teeth... The pain..."

 

Tiffany couldn't help but let a melodious chuckle escaped as Taeyeon threw her a very dejected look. 

 

"Okay. Okay. I'll still feeding you. But I think I've to control the amount of sweets for you as well. We don't want another baby whining about toothache too, do we?"

 

"I'm not a baby."

 

By the time they finished the whole foods, or rather Taeyeon were emptying most of them, Tiffany shook her head in disbelief.

 

"You call me a pig. But you are always eaten like a glutton."

 

Taeyeon suddenly stood up from her seat and held out her palm. When Tiffany just arched her eyebrows wondering, Taeyeon grabbed her hand and tugged her gently so Tiffany followed her.

 

Tiffany heard Taeyeon bid goodbye to an old couple who owned the eating house before stepping out of the place.

 

"Y-yah Taeyeon, we haven't paid yet!"

 

"I did."

 

"What?"

 

"I paid already."

 

Tiffany knitted her eyebrows in disapproval and smacked Taeyeon on the back with her fist when they halted their track on the side of Taeyeon's car.

 

"Ow! What is that for?"

 

"You said I pay!"

 

"I knew. But I forgot, okay."

 

"You've always been paid!"

 

"Okay. Okay. I'll let you pay for all of our meals next time! I promise!"

 

Tiffany huffed as Taeyeon opened the car door for her and slumped in.

 

"Don't get too work up. I'm sorry. I'm just not used to letting a girl pay for me." Taeyeon didn't intend to say the last sentence, it just slipped out of .

 

Tiffany whipped her head toward Taeyeon who was attractively trying to get the car out of the narrow alley, one hand behind her seat which made her heart skip a beat. The action was appealing her so much.

 

Tiffany tried to shift the matter aside because the last words Taeyeon said was what initially caught her attention.

 

"You are paying for girls often?" Tiffany asked, trying to sound as nonchalant as possible.

 

"What?" Taeyeon frowned as she began to drive the car.

 

"You said you don't usually let a girl pay. So you always pay for your girls?" Tiffany emphasized the 'your' on purpose. A newfound jealousy suddenly strike within her. 

 

Taeyeon brought her eyes on Tiffany, jittery feeling attacked her as Tiffany looked at her intently.

 

She looked at the driveway in an instant, scratching her unitchy cheek. "Uhm yeah? I-i paid for my friends."

 

"Oh yeah? How about a girlfriend? Ahjumma back at the restaurant teased you about you bringing a girlfriend there. How many girls did you bring there?" There was a hint of playfulness as she tried her best not to sound jealous. 

 

"I went there a lot back in college with my friends and ex since the restaurant was near our university."

 

The sudden quietness in Taeyeon's voice disturbed her.

 

Have I gone too far? But I wanna know more about how she treats a girl. Has she treated them same like she treats me? Also what about her current status? Is she seeing someone right now?

 

They were in Han river as Tiffany had requested. A tender breeze from the cold night air filled their stillness. Taeyeon had been so quiet not to Tiffany's liking as they strolled over the walkways silently.

 

Taeyeon, who was deep in thought, was startled when a cold hand took a hold of hers.

 

"You're freezing. Let's go back home." She said in a whisper. 

 

"No. I still wanna be here."

 

"But you-"

 

"Please..."

 

Taeyeon sighed. "Fine."

 

Taeyeon tightened the grip on her hand, before rubbing both of her hands against Tiffany's trying to give it warmth.

 

Tiffany halted her steps in a quiet area, automatically making Taeyeon stop as well. 

 

"Give me your other hand." Taeyeon commanded.

 

Tiffany obeyed without asking. A shiver ran down her spine as Taeyeon kept on give a friction against her hands. 

 

"Taeyeon... Can you hug me?" Tiffany didn't stop . All she wanted now was more warmth from her, and she felt something like a fresh breeze wafted into her soul as Taeyeon did what she had asked her to. 

 

"It's getting cold here. We better go home now."

 

"I still wanna stay. Please let me stay here a little bit longer."

 

"You can freeze to death."

 

Tiffany shook her head. "I have you to warm me."

 

"Am I a hotpack?"

 

"Hm... My hotpack."

 

Taeyeon felt Tiffany squatted her face further into her neck.

 

"Tiffany..."

 

"Hm?"

 

Taeyeon cupped Tiffany's cheek and caressing it. "You're cold."

 

"Warm me then."

 

Taeyeon didn't even know what that meant, but following her guts she pulled Tiffany closer to her until there was no space left. She let Tiffany glued her cheek against her neck and sighed.

 

Tiffany had been too immersed in the warmth that Taeyeon provided. She didn't even bother if Taeyeon could feel her heart beating on full force in her chest. 

 

Taeyeon's hand her back soothingly and the other hand on her waist held her firmly. She felt so safe and secure in her arms and hoping the world would stop.

 

A cool breeze swept over the river. The night was foggy and through the fog the moonlight gleamed mysteriously.

 

"Happy birthday, Tiffany." No, Taeyeon didn't say it under a whisper. She said it in tone lower than usual, giving Tiffany chi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter