Chapter 11

Love Better
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taeyeon got a phone call from her mother. The older woman was aware of her oldest child hates going shopping with her and youngest daughter, yet here she is asking her to accompany her.

 

In Taeyeon's defense, it's not that she was reluctant to carry their shopping bags but Taeyeon just has short amount of patience since they always took long to even pick a piece of clothe. It's one thing if she has the same interests as the two beloved women in her life but the fact is Taeyeon has nothing in common regarding stuffs with them. 

 

Mrs. Kim continued to coax her, bribing her things as if she is that spoiled child who can't make money and depends on their parents. It didn't take long for the older woman to get fed up with her refusal, and gave her no room to say no as the call was abruptly hung up, much to her dismay. 

 

"Let me guess. Aunt Kim asks you to be her slave while she's shopping spree?"

 

"Shut up."

 

"Auh~ our filial daughter, Kim Taengoo~"

 

Taeyeon tossed a pillow right at Yuri's face. "If you're here just to make fun of me. Go away."

 

Her friends decided to raid her apartment today and she had to scrap her plain to visit Tiffany's place. They had hung out more frequently and she would come her house whenever she felt like or Tiffany wanted her to.

 

They had gotten along very very well that Taeyeon didn't know how to behave around her anymore. whenever she was with her, her body only moved according her instincts, following Tiffany's advance gladly without reluctance without hesitation.

 

Long gone the idea of her giving up on love as she had been so dying to own Tiffany. Every minute she spent with her, every single cell in her body growing fond of her. Her heart thumped in her chest whenever she was around. Her skin tingled every time it grazed Tiffany's. Her body grew warmer just the thought of her. Taeyeon was familiar with this feeling and last time she failed to preserve it and ended up messing it up, making her doubt herself.

 

But now her doubts had been overshadowed by the immersed desire she has for Tiffany. The woman made her feel different. It wasn't only about attraction and some portion of lust like what she had with other girls. It's a faith the woman put in her that someone like her could still be trusted. An aspect that she had lost belief in herself over the years. She felt alive again. She felt wanted again. Sh felt the value in herself again. All thanks to her.

 

Speaking of the culprit, she was calling her now. She tried to suppress her smile and moved swiftly from her seat toward her room.

 

"Yah! Who is that? Why don't you pick it up here?"

 

"Stop being noisy." Taeyeon sent them a look before disappearing completely in her room followed by a clicking sound, making her friends puzzled. 

 

"What is that?"

 

"Did she just lock the door?"

 

"She took the call from her mom just fine here."

 

"Right. Something is fishy." Yuri rubbed her chin.

 

Back to Taeyeon, she plopped down on the bed before pressed the green button.

 

"Hey, miss me?"

 

"Hello to you too."

 

"So don't miss me?"

 

Without got a sight of her, Taeyeon got an impression she was smiling now.

 

"What are you doing, Dummy?"

 

"Missing someone who doesn't miss me back."

 

Tiffany finally let out a soft chuckle that sounded so pleasant in her ears.

 

"Thank you, Taeyeon." For a split second she was confused as to why Tiffany was suddenly thanking her but before she could ask, the eyesmile woman continued. "Stephan gave me the present already. He said you helped him. I take this is the secret you two were hiding from me?"

 

Stephan gifted her a messy but cute drawing of her and him today as it was a task his teacher assigned him and his classmates, to give a meaningful gift to their parents as an expression of gratitude for bringing them into this world. 

 

"Yes it is. See? It's harmless! And no, he did it himself. I do nothing."

 

"But he said you were the one who came up with the idea to frame it so we can display it without stain it. So thank you."

 

"Oh right. But really it's nothing."

 

"You always say what you did to me and my son is nothing, but Taeyeon, you have to know that it means everything to me."

 

There was a pregnant silence before Tiffany cleared and came up with another topic and they talked more on the line.

 

On the other hand, Taeyeon's curious friends had their mind occupied by wondering whom the mysterious person Taeyeon was talking now.

 

"Guys... I think I know who is it..." With knitted brows, Sunny finally spoke up. 

 

"Who?!" Yuri and Hyoyeon asked in unison.

 

"I mean, I'm not one hundred percent sure, but I think she's dating someone."

 

"Finally?!" Yuri raised her voice. 

 

"Shh don't be so loud!"

 

"Spill, Lee Soonkyu!" Hyoyeon urged her impatient. 

 

"Taeyeon didn't exactly tell me she's in a relationship now but she said she was going on a date not long ago."

 

"Sheesh you kept it from us!"

 

"I didn't know she was serious okay! I thought she was just messing with Heechul oppa but after thinking about that, she's been missing a lot these past few months. So I think that kind of explains?"

 

"That definitely dates someone! If I were knew, I'd have stopped selling her out to my girl friends like hot cakes." Yuri retorted. 

 

The creaking sound of the door made them turn their head and came out Taeyeon who was grinning from ear to ear. She had her eyes glued to her phone. It perked their curiosity further. 

 

"Girlfriend?" One of them voiced out, making Taeyeon halt her step and wipe the smile off her face.

 

"Excuse me?" Taeyeon thought she heard wrong.

 

"You phone called with your girlfriend?" Sunny helped Yuri clearing up.

 

"Noisy." Taeyeon put her phone in pocket before reaching out for her neglected controller.

 

"So who is she?"

 

Her friends had surrounded her now. When she didn't answer, Yuri stood before her, blocking her view of the television.

 

"Who is the girl?" She pressed her once again. 

 

Taeyeon pushed Yuri aside and continued her game before replying.

 

"Woman."

 

"What?"

 

"She's a woman. Independent and full of responsibility woman."

 

"You talk like you're dating a middle-aged woman and are ready to marry her tommorow." Hyoyeon joked. 

 

"She's our age." Taeyeon corrected her seriously. 

 

"So when are you going to introduce her to us?"

 

It took Taeyeon a few seconds to answer. "Actually we're not official yet."

 

"What take you so long? It's not so you! Claim your woman already before someone snatches her away!"

 

Taeyeon bobbed her head up and down slowly yet firmly. "I'll make her mine soon and then introduce her to y'all."

 

"What is she like? Does she ask you to buy her things like other girls have done before? Don't bother dating her if she does." Sunny remarked curtly. She's here to look after her friend. She knew Taeyeon wasn't most pleasant person to begin with, but she hadn't forgotten what one of those girls did to Taeyeon, making her skeptical of Taeyeon's choice of women. 

 

"They were my bed warmers only. I didn't date them. And she is definitely million better than them."

 

"How are you so sure?"

 

"Because I don't just spend a night or two with her like I did with them. I know her long enough to know she has no ill intentions toward me. Stop accusing her of things she didn't do, Lee Soonkyu! She's not like one of them!"

 

"Okay, okay. Geez, I'm just asking. Why you so work up."

 

As Taeyeon resumed her game, Sunny Yuri and Hyoyeon exchanged looks. This was the first time since Taeyeon last dated her, that she opened up about a girl and defended her. Before she didn't even bother to mention them, let alone stand up for them. Whoever that woman is, she had to be special to her, they could feel it in their bones.

 

They are hoping the mysterious woman is indeed the right one. The missing piece that would complete Taeyeon's scrappy puzzle. 

 

 

Tiffany closed the car door with a loud bang, making Taeyeon raise her eyebrows. She stepped on the gas without asking where to go to the beautiful woman in the passenger seat of her car.

 

Half an hour ago Tiffany texted her to pick her up, and this was not what she expected come to her way. She wondered what could make the young mother look this furious. Was it really rage that showed in her eyes? Whatever it was Taeyeon didn't dare to make a sound and drove straight to Tiffany's place.

 

The woman got out of the car without a word, leaving Taeyeon confounded. She contemplated whether she went after her or not, but then she caught her turning around and giving her a look to follow her.

 

Taeyeon dragged her feet into the kitchen to grab herself a drink as Tiffany went straight to her room to change and freshen up. Not long after she came out, laying down on the same couch Taeyeon was in. She rest her head on Taeyeon's lap and shut her eyes.

 

They fell into silence for a minute but it was been killing Taeyeon and she couldn't stand it. So she asked Tiffany as gentle as possible what was going on but it didn't working as the woman turned her position, head facing Taeyeon's stomach refusing to speak.

 

Taeyeon  Tiffany's hair in understanding, trying to convey that she's here if she needs someone to talk to but she wouldn't force her if she's not ready.

 

She continued caressing her hair and sometimes her upper arm in hopes Tiffany would find comfort in them and somehow calm her down.

 

Soon the bell rang and Tiffany approached the intercom to see the visitor. Then suddenly she came to her, asking her to stay in Stephan's room for a bit and Taeyeon complied with her request without questioning her.

 

She stood at the door of the boy's room, didn't know what to do. Then she heard voices talking and in no time the voices grew louder. She didn't mean to eavesdrop but they were literally shouting at each other, making it impossible not to hear them.

 

"I told you, stop setting me up with him! We're not working, Dad! I tried! I tried so many times but my heart is not there anymore! My heart is dead for him! How many times do I have to tell you?!"

 

"You can try again for the sake of your son!"

 

"Do you think it's easy?! Do you think it's easy to pretend everything is fine when it's not?! Do you think it's easy to pretend to have feelings for someone you're not anymore?! Every day is like living hell, Dad! And I don't want to go back to that feeling again!"

 

"What you need is an understanding! He's a busy businessman! If you understood the ups and downs of the business world, you wouldn't keep whining like an ungrateful wife!"

 

"Ungrateful you say?! I had to crawl my way to hospital to give birth to his son without him by my side and you're saying

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter