Chapter 5

Love Better
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5

 

Taeyeon was stunned as she saw who was behind the door. "W-what are you doing here?" She asked puzzle.

 

The boy titled his head up, throwing a wide grin to her direction. "Hi Taengoo, I wanna play with you!"

 

Behind him was a woman in her early-twenties standing awkwardly, seemed like she was confused as the friend he meant was a whole adult? She introduced herself as she noticed the owner of the house shifting her eyes on her. "Uhm... Hello, I'm his caretaker. He asked to play with his friend, but..." She trailed off, furrowing her brows. "But I didn't know you were his friend. Are you even really his friend?"

 

"Yes! She's my friend, Noona! I never lie!" He told his babysitter. Turned his little body facing Taeyeon, he reached out to her shirt pulling it slightly. "Come on, Taengoo let's play!"

 

"Do your parents know you're here?" She asked uncertainly, still having trouble digesting the situation. She didn't even know how he got here. 

 

"Yes!" He answered chirpily. Then his eyes drifted behind her, he spotted two set bicycles not far from the door. His eyes widened. "Taengoo! Teach me to ride a bicycle!" He ran into the apartment, stood beside the black bike.

 

"Stephan, you can't come in anyone's house without permission. If your mother finds out she will scold you." The younger girl reminded him.

 

"Sorry, Noona. Please don't tell Mommy." He gave her a pleaded eyes and she just sighed. 

 

Taeyeon cleared . "I can't teach you with this bike. This bike is for... Big people."

 

"How about this one?" He stood beside her red-blue colored folding bike, asked hopefully.

 

Taeyeon knitted her eyebrows. "Same. I don't think your feet can reach the ground even if I lower the seat." She saw a dissapointment look forming on his face, she felt bad for the boy. "Do you have a bicycle?" She watched him shook his head grievously. Taeyeon tried to think of another solution. Then she asked the two to wait for her in the living room. Before she went to her room to get changed, she caught a glimpse of him and a mourned look still on his face. And at that she determined to get him the bike he deserved.

 

The boy was very delighted as she told him that they were going to the bike shop for get him his own bicycle. He couldn't stop bouncing in his seat in the car, and his babysitter had to hold his shoulders so he could sit properly.

 

They arrived, and the boy rushed into the shop. "Taeyeon-ssi, you know you don't have to." They quietly followed him inside.

 

"It's okay. When is his birthday, by the way? Just think of it as a birthday present from me." She chuckled awkwardly. 

 

"Taeyeon." The owner of the shop approached them. "What brought you here? Are you looking for a new bike?" He joked.

 

"Yeah, but not for me but the boy over there." She nodded her head directed at the boy who was scanning his eyes through dozens of bicycles.

 

"Oh. Is he your nephew?"

 

Before she could answer, the boy said loudly. "Taengoo! Thomas, Taengoo!" He exclaimed excitedly, pointing his tiny finger at the blue-sky bicycle with Thomas the train theme on it.

 

She drew closer, crouching down to talk to him at eye level. "You want that one?" He nodded his head frantically. She turned to the man, asked him if she could take a look at the bike first. She told him to hop on the bike, making sure the bike's height was suitable for him. He was overjoyed the time she nodded her head, and said they were going to buy the bike. The owner kindly gave them a free helmet too. 

 

They were in a parking lot in the center park to teach him to ride a bike, he couldn't stop jumping impatient as she unloaded the bike from the trunk of the car.  Lots of people gathered there as it was weekend. They looked for a spot that is less crowded so he has a space for himself. "Okay. Let's start now. Hop on." She said after he wore his helmet with the help of his babysitter and helped him get on the bike. He put his hands on the steering wheel but his feet are still on the ground tiptoe.

 

"Taengoo, don't let me go! I don't wanna fall!" He panicked as she let go of him.

 

"No, you won't. You see the additional wheels on each side of the tire in the back?" She placed her hand on his back again steady him, as he tried to turn his head. "They will help you balance yourself. So come on, don't be afraid and put your feet on pedals now!" She spoke excitedly as it was also her first time teaching someone to ride a bike. Then in the corner of her eye, she noticed his caretaker staring at them. "You know, you can just take a seat over there. Don't worry, I will be watching over him." The younger girl nodded her head, going to the bench to the right side of where they were standing. 

 

It was hard at first as he unconsciously kept on put his feet on the ground and pushed the bike at least of pedaling. She kept reminding him to keep his feet on pedals, pushed the bike slowly and guiding his feet to keep paddling. She patiently instructed him till when she was convinced he could do it himself, she let him go completely and watched him ride his bike alone despite in very slow pace.

 

"Yes! That's right! Keep on pedaling!" Taeyeon cheered him on, watching him intently and closely as she prepared herself for the rescue in case he suddenly wobbly.

 

The boy was initially unaware when she removed h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter