Chapter 14

Love Better
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

A cheerful voice greeted them made everyone at the table turn their head toward the source of the voice. "Is it okay if I join y'all?" The girl asked as her eyes roamed until they fell on Taeyeon.

 

"Why are you even asking the obvious." The eldest one said playfully.

 

The colleague sitting beside Taeyeon shifted aside to make room for the girl, earning raise of eyebrow from her.

 

The said colleague threw her a wink, failed to read her disapprove look. 

 

Later on Seolhyun called her out after noticing Taeyeon not making a sound, nor did she eat her food properly. "Sunbae, are you okay? You look... distracted."

 

Taeyeon, who twirled her food for awhile now, stopped her activity. "I'm fine." She said quietly.

 

Seolhyun lowered her tone. "I'm sorry about the other day. I didn't know you and Miss H-"

 

She took a grip of her hand in a swift and gesturing for the girl to stop whatever she was about to say.

 

"Are you done with your lunch?"

 

She just nodded her head, too stunned by how Taeyeon was holding her hand now.

 

"Can we talk?"

 

When the girl gave her another nod, she got off her feet taking the girl with her, earning several wolf whistles and teases from her comrades.

 

By the time they finally found empty corridor, it was about time for them to get back to work, so she made it quick.

 

"Whatever happened the other day will stay between us."

 

"Why?"

 

"What do you mean by why? Did you tell anyone about it?"

 

"No. I mean yes... I told my sister..."

 

"Have you told anyone in this building?"

 

"No?"

 

"Good. It must be stay that way."

 

"Why you keep your relationship with Miss Hwang a secret?"

 

"No. Me and Miss Hwang never a thing."

 

"Then why did she get mad we were about to kissing?"

 

"I-" Taeyeon halted her word as she didn't know what to say. She inhaled a deep breath before speaking again. "Listen. I don't owe you an explanation, am I right?"

 

"Yes, you do. You make me feel guilty because I think I ruined your relationship with her."

 

"There's really nothing between me and her, okay. I- there's never been us, me and her. It's that simple."

 

Seolhyun observed Taeyeon for a moment before gathering herself together to formulate what to say next. "So, you're still single?"

 

"Yeah?" She thought she misheard her.

 

"So, I still have a chance?"

 

Taeyeon let out a groan. She didn't even care Seolhyun hearing her grunt over her question nor did she care about the possibility of people who walking down the hall to their respective rooms overhearing their conversation.

 

"Seolhyun-ah, you don't know what you're saying."

 

"Yes, I do. And I know I want you."

 

"I'm not what you think I'm."

 

"I know you well enough and I'd like to get to know you better." Seolhyun clapped their hands together ignoring the people who glancing at their way. "I really like you, Sunbae. Please give me a chance."

 

"What do you think you're doing here?" A cranky voice intruded them. Seeing the couple's joined hands made her blood boil. "Recess is over. Go back to your room now."

 

"Ma'am. We will-"

 

Tiffany cut Seolhyun off and turned to Taeyeon. "Meet me in my office." She held a stern gaze that she knew Taeyeon would obey. "Now." And she left the two just like that without another word.

 

As Tiffany finally put her pretty in her chair, she regretted her actions. It was very impulsive of her and she couldn't back down now. She didn't even know what she was going to say as Taeyeon sat before her now.

 

"May I know why you called me here, Ma'am?" Taeyeon said as the woman just eyed her up. When she still didn't get a relpy, she added up. "Do you need anything? Otherwise-"

 

"File. I need the file to finish today."

 

"Wha- I thought I still had time until tomorrow?"

 

"Don't make me repeat." She knew it was childish and unprofessional but she couldn't help it. She mad at her. She couldn't believe she had let that effect her work ethic. But whatever made her fuming self currently satisfied.

 

Taeyeon couldn't find herself to retailate back because she thought there was no point in arguing with a seemingly angry woman. So she just let the woman have her way and complied her demand.

 

After Taeyeon shut the door close, guilt began to devour Tiffany. Taeyeon didn't have to adhere with her rash and presumptuous request. She could have disagree or question her demand and then they could have an argument. Oh how she wished Taeyeon just did exactly that, so she had reason to yell and lash out at her. But Taeyeon reacted otherwise making her want to punch the wall. She had to know Taeyeon wouldn't do that, either because of her professionalism or she just wouldn't be against her.

 

Stupid. She whispered in annoyance as she still gazed at the closed door.

 

The pile of paperworks on her desk were the only thing she needed now as a distraction to block her mind thinking about that certain person.

 

Time flew so fast that by the time she closed the file after signing it, it was past dinner time. She puffed a breath as exhaustion struck her body.

 

 

"Miss Hwang."

 

She was on her way to get out of the building when someone called her out. Tiffany recognized him as the one who kept the elevator door open for her the other day. She delivered a smile before resuming her way out of the building. However the man kept tailing her.

 

"What pleasant surprise did I have here! Did you just work overtime too, Miss Hwang? I hope you don't tire yourself out." He said while trying to match her pace.

 

"Yeah." She replied briefly with a small smile. She felt uncomfortable in a sudden as the man was so adamant about keeping a conversation with her. And the fact that the building was quite empty, didn't make it better.

 

"Have you had dinner yet? How about grab a meal together sound? Filling an empty stomach is a great way to end a long day." The man offered ardently.

 

Tiffany was taken aback. She didn't even know his name, -or cared to find out for that matter- yet this man had a knack for asking her out. 

 

"Sorry. But I'm too tired to dine out." She rejected his advance but it seemed he took it as an invitation.

 

"Oh what do you want then? I know some good restaurants! You just have to tell me what you want! I'll deliver it to your house!" The man replied eagerly.

 

"No thank you. I'll just cook some instan food at home."

 

"What? I thought you were tired. You should take warm bath and wait for me. I'll get you any food you want!"

 

She sighed, she grew tired of the man's persuasion. "Look, I don't even know your name and I-"

 

"All you need is to ask, Ma'am." He smile sheepishly, stretched out his hand and introduced himself. 

 

"It's not what I mean! I-" She looked at him sharply, the urge to scream at him sky rocketing. But that would be a waste of energy, so she shook her head. "You know what? Whatever." She left him briskly but to her dismay he continued to follow her. 

 

"Miss hwang!"

 

She quickened her step toward her car which was a few meters away from her. She wanted nothing to do with him anymore and wanted to stay as far away as possible from him.

 

However she shrieked in horror when he grabbed her by hand.

 

"Hey hey, why you leave me like that? I mean well, Miss Hwang."

 

"Take your hand off me." She gritted her teeth.

 

"Oh come on. I'm not even that bad compared to your ex-husband." The man really had the nerve to saying that. And he was getting brave as he leaned his body close to her, making her step back in reflex. But she couldn't do much, as he kept pulling her in.

 

Tiffany grimaced in disgust when he breathed in her scent soundly.

 

She used her free hand to push him away, but he swiftly gripped it hard too making her wince.

 

"Let go of her."

 

Tiffany heard a voice she knew anywhere. 

 

"I repeat. Let go of Miss Hwang."

 

"That's none of your business, you dwarf. Just pretend you don't see anything."

 

Taeyeon approached them instead. Clutched one of his wrists, challenging him.

 

A furious expression appeared on his face. He swatted her hand off him with such force.

 

"It doesn't feel nice when someone holds you forc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter