Chapter 2

Love Better
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

 

Weekend ended and monday morning has come. Taeyeon was awoken by a ringing alarm on nightstand. She reached out to side of her bed snatch alarm and turn it off. The room was once again quiet and she laid her back back, resume her sleep.

 

A few minutes later.

 

“ACHOO.”

 

Silent.

 

“ACHOO.”

 

Another silent.

 

“ACHOO.” And by that she groaned loudly and unwillingly woke up. It’s her habit, waking up with continuous sneezing. Though it didn’t happen everyday.

 

Taeyeon stopped sneezing and sat up on the edge of her bed with her eyes half open grumbling. She grabbed tissues next to alarm and wiped her nose, then throw it into trash bin. She dragged herself drowsily towards bathroom to taking a shower and getting ready for work.

 

Moment later she came out of bathroom, fresh with towel on her damp hair. She walked to her closet and took out her favorite baby-blue shirt and black pants.

 

After finished dressing up, she gathered her things and putting them into her bag. She got out of bedroom, heads to kitchen to make herself sandwich and milk for breakfast. She ate silently, enjoy the quiet atmosphere of her small yet cozy apartement. She's living by herself, moved out of her family's house a few years ago when she was in her last year in college.

 

She wanted to be alone. The reasons she moved out was because she wanted to be alone. Not to be independent nor want to free of parental supervision. Though deep down in her fragile heart she doesn't really want to. She needed time and space for herself, without people around her force themselves in when it was the least she wanted.

 

It was dark time of her life, she was in so much pain she shut out people around her. Turned out time alone and space didn't help at all, it just made it worst. No one to lean on. No one to give her strength. No one sooth her cries. No one tell her everything is going to be okay.

 

She was a fool. She was an idiot to hurt someone she told everyone she loved. Hurt so called the love of her life. She didn't know why she did that, but there is no excuse she was just a terrible person. And if there is another chance, she would gladly fix what she did. She will redeem her mistake.

 

But does she really deserve a second chance? After what she did to her? after the pain she put her in? She chuckled dreadfully. Nah you don't, Kim Taeyeon. You're so ing up. 

 

Her friends thinking otherwise though. They told her she does deserve it. If not with her, then with someone else. Said what happened has happened, and she can't undo. If that was a bad thing she did in past, then make that a life lesson. To learn of the mistake. To grow to be a better person and never fall into the same hole again. And that's just a human being things. No one born to be perfect.

 

Suddenly the surge memory of her past emerged. They still haunted her every now and then, even in her dream made her restless at night. Taeyeon stood up aburply, lost her appetite. She brought dirty plate and glass with her, throws away her unfinish sandwich into trash bin and drinks off her milk. She puts the dishes in sink and would clean it later.

 

She washed her hands and got out of kitchen, passing living room to the front door with her bag hanging on her shoulder. She puts her shoes and heads out of the apartement.

 

She fisted her phone out of the bag while waiting for elevator to arrive. She playing game on her device to distract her mind. It was her way to get rid of that unwanted-feeling whenever it made an appearance. 

 

She tossed her bag on passenger seat and closed the car door with a bang. She breathed heavily, put her forehead against steering wheel and closed her eyes. She is tired. She is exhausted. Can this endless torture just stop? She knows she was wrong. She knows what she did wrong and unforgivable. But isn't it five ing years of her suffering as remorse seeking her soul out till it dry that her life is lost its meaning is enough for her to pay it? She is so drained. she is hopeless.

 

Why doesn't God has a mercy on her and let her have a peace in mind. She doesn't even ask a happy life, she won't shamelessly ask for it when she ruined someone's life. She sighed loudly and clenched her jaws, hit her forehead against steering wheel in agony. 

 

She ran her fingers through her hair in frustration as this anxious feeling eating her alive. Please stop. Just stop. I’m really tired. She begged to no one as she let a lone tear out of her eye. She gulped hard, remembered the figure she used to love so much. Soojin-ah... What should I do? I'm so sorry. More tears fall on her cheeks. Please forgive me.

 

 

She arrived at her office and greeted back her collegues who greet her, then went straight to her cubicle. She sat at her desk and stretched her body in hopes of eliminating the remaining sleepiness. Last night she didn't get much sleep because of lost track of time as she built her blocks. She took a deep breath, sighed contently tried to relax as she leaned her back on the chair and closing her eyes for a moment.

 

As she opened her eyes, she scrutinized at her toys sitting prettily decorating her table. Then she noticed something is missing. And when she realized it, her eyes widened. My toys! My toys are missing! Where did they go?! Taeyeon crouched down to her desk, looking for them.

 

“Taeyeon-unnie.” The voice startled her, and she bumped her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter