Chapter 16

Love Better
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

She thought Taeyeon's rejection couldn't hurt her any less than she had been, turning out she was completely wrong. She swallowed down her throbbing heart as Taeyeon walked away to her room without spare her a glance after spat out her final decision. 

 

Tiffany finally broke down after Taeyeon shut the door, leaving her alone in her quiet living room. Her legs gave out as her body shook so much from crying. She wasn't sure if Taeyeon could hear her cries as the sky poured it tears along with her.

 

The night was dark and damp. It felt colder than it was just a few minutes ago.

 

What would she do now. Should she surrender without a fight? Tiffany didn't know how long she cried. She ended up curling up on the couch and sleeping the night away there.

 

By the time she awoke, the sun had risen and the morning rays were seeping through the curtain. The tranquil was still engulfed her this morning. She sat up, her eyes heavy, she could feel them swollen.

 

She stood up to check on Taeyeon. Her bedroom door was open so she thought the owner was up.

 

However her heart dropped when she found it empty.

 

Just then she heard a sound from the front door.

 

Taeyeon halted her step as their eyes locked. She placed the paper bag she had brought onto the coffee table before strode into the kitchen to avoid Tiffany's gaze.

 

If you thought Taeyeon got any sleep last night, that was absolutely not true. She couldn't even get a blink of sleep as there were so many things going on in her head.

 

Initially she didn't even know Tiffany was staying over and just found out when she saw a pair of high heels sitting in the enterence of her apartment when she was about to head out for a walk to clear her head. 

 

She thought it was foolish of her to put in so much effort to be with someone like her. 

 

Taeyeon took her time at the sink, pretending to wash her hands as she could feel Tiffany's eyes burned a hole in the back of her head. Truthfully she was not ready to face her right now.

 

 

"Is this another ability of yours? avoiding someone at all costs after breaking their heart?"

 

"Turn around, Taeyeon. Look at me. I'm talking to you." Tiffany demanded.

 

Taeyeon followed what she told her. "What do you want again? I had made it crystal clear to you last night."

 

"I hope you know you're acting like a total jerk now. How can you shun me like this after I finally decided to start over with you. Did you think it was easy to make this decision after knowing everything about you? Do you really think your past mistakes forgivable that I don't have the right to rethink everything? Do you think it's easy to come to a term that I can't get over you even when I try my hardest to erase all memories of you? If I could, I'd run as far away from you as I can. I really wish I did... But the fact is I can't..."

 

"You said you were serious about me. Then why don't you prove your words, when I've made my mind to give you a chance. Are you backing down now? Have you always been this indecisive when it comes to women?" Tiffany went strong on Taeyeon at the end of her speech. 

 

"I do this for you-"

 

Tiffany charged at Taeyeon, her collar tightly enough to show her discontentment.

 

"Don't you ever dare to claim doing something for my sake when it's clearly not in my interest. I know what I want, never dictate what's best for me because I know myself better. And you, you Kim Taeyeon know nothing."

 

A fire on Tiffany's eyes burned her.

 

"Why do you keep doing this? Aren't you tired of all this nonsense?"

 

"Because I'm hurting now! Can't you see it?!" Tiffany took one of her fists off Taeyeon's collar to hit her on her chest, indicating her frustration. "You hurt me, Taeyeon!"

 

Eventually the tears started to gather again in her puffy eyes, making Taeyeon avert her eyes from her.

 

"No! Don't look away! I want you to see that you're the reason for those tears! You're the cause of my heartbreak! I want you to witness all of this!"

 

"You make this hard for me..."

 

"You! Make! This! Hard! For! Us!" Tiffany was practically screaming now. "Oh my god, Taeyeon! Can't you see?! Are you blind?! You hurt both of us!"

 

Tiffany could feel Taeyeon started to lose her stance gradually as her hard complexion had softened. "I'm no good, Tiffany."

 

"Then learn to be good to me."

 

"That scares me. You don't know what stupid things I would pull in the future."

 

"Me too, Tae. Me too. But what terrifies me the most is losing you without even trying."

 

Taeyeon dropped her gaze again as her heart started to waver. Tiffany acted smooth, cupping her face by cheeks trying to coax her. "I know your fear. Trust me it scares the hell out of me too. But my heart is too stubborn. It wants what it wants. My logic is now out the window. And I want to follow my heart and see where it leads us. Don't you think we deserve a chance, Taeyeon-ah?"

 

Tiffany her cheeks in such tender way, it miraculously teared down the tall wall she had built a few weeks ago in an instant.

 

"Let's give it a shoot. You and me. Prove to them that it's not empty words that you has changed. Show me, I'm not a fool and made the right choice. We can do this together. Hm, Tae?"

 

There was still uncertainty that was clearly visible on Taeyeon's face, so Tiffany tried to chase it away with a kiss. 

 

"Have a faith in yourself, Tae." The woman said before pressing another kiss.

 

 

"I thought you said you wanted to resign."

 

"Don't you have anything else to do? Why don't you bother your man?"

 

"You're right. But he's out of town now. So I'll just bother you."

 

Taeyeon rolled her eyes. Sunny threw herself on the couch beside her after done rummaging through her fridge.

 

"So?"

 

"...."

 

"You think I don't see the glances you throw at each other when you think no one is watching."

 

"Gosh, I almost forgot how noisy you could be."

 

"Okay. But I just want you to know, I'm glad you finally worked things out with her." Sunny gave her friend a proud pat on the back. "And this is a call for celebration! Bring her along later this week for dinner. We want a proper meeting with her and personally for me, definitely not as my boss."

 

"Uhm I don't think she's available."

 

"Then do tell her, we're free whenever she has time. Yul and Hyo are impatient. They want to meet your woman as soon as possible."

 

 

"I don't like that we become so awkward."

 

"Sorry."

 

"You know you don't have to be so cautious around me."

 

"I just... I thought you said you wanted to take it slow. So I- ... I don't know, I just don't want to make you uncomfortable."

 

"Have I ever told you that you can't even hold my hand?"

 

Who would have thought that their last quarrel could effect them this bad. Because weeks after the fight instead of reconciling, it seemed they had subconsciously created a barrier of their own. It was true Tiffany had asked for it but not to that extent.

 

Taeyeon had gone too far as if she was asking her to stand at least one meter away from her or as if she was forbidding Taeyeon to touch even a strand of her hair.

 

That was clearly not what she meant. She refrained herself from whack Taeyeon's head. She hated it. Hated that their relationship went back into a U-turn. Hated that Taeyeon couldn't even hold her gaze on her. Like now. 

 

"If you keep acting like this, I think we aren't going anywhere."

 

Taeyeon tried to decipher what Tiffany meant but failed. So she just uttered another sorry.

 

"I don't need your apology and it's not like you know what you're sorry for anyway. Amirite?"

 

Seeing Taeyeon fell silent looking anywhere but her, made Tiffany let out a long heavy sigh. 

 

"I think you said you wanted to make it up to me. That you'll do anything to gain my trust back. Is that all just bull?"

 

Tiffany shook her head in disappointment as Taeyeon stayed mum. "I'm tired. Let's just go home."

 

Upon arrival in the area of Tiffany's apartment building, Taeyeon spoke up hesitantly.

 

"Can I come up?"

 

"Why will you when all you do whenever we are together is silent?" Tiffany snapped. 

 

She scoffed loudly when Taeyeon zipped again after she vocalized her displeasure.

 

However Taeyeon kept following her quietly to her apartment. She felt so dumb now. Her past had ruined her, making her lose confidence in herself in pursuing Tiffany. 

 

 

"I'm sorry... I've been wasting your time these past weeks. I- I'll do better this time." Taeyeon was fidgeting in her seat as she finally opened .

 

"How?"

 

"I'll be better at expressing my feelings to you. Be better myself that you won't be ashamed to have chosen me."

 

"I don't need empty words. I need proof."

 

Taeyeon looked straight into her eyes. She could see determination in her eyes.

 

"You will see."

 

 

True to her words, after that fateful night, Taeyeon  finally grew a bone and became braver in courting her. Despite her tendency to ask first whenever she initiated skinship like holding hands etc, Tiffany was still pleased.

 

They walked hand in hand, heading to the reservation room where Taeyeon's friends located. As promised, Taeyeon invited Tiffany to meet her friends.

 

"No wonder Taeyeon is head over heels for you. You're... Wow." Yuri chirped in awe over Tiffany's beauty after they introduced each other.

 

"You know, if you have a change of mind and decide to ditch this brat, I'll gladly welcome you with open arms." Yuri added cheekily, earning a kick under the table. 

 

Before Yuri could complain and ramble on some more nonsense, Taeyeon called out to the waiters and then they began to put out their orders.

 

Since Tiffany was the one who chose the restaurant and Taeyeon was not familiar with the the menu as it was her first time visiting this place, she leaned over to Tiffany to ask her. Unaware of h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter