(PH) Glass boy

Drabbling through Eunhae's world (Two authors' game)

Prompt: A has that huge crush on B but is too shy to ask him out.  One day, A sees his friend C, whom he likes to tease a lot, in the library and takes this thick book in his hands to hit C's head, laughing quietly (because shhhhh library!), only to horrifically realize that the shout he got wasn't from his best friend but from his dearest crush.

 

 

 

 

 

“Look, it´s Eunhyuk!”

I turned my head when I heard a girl from the third class. It was the name Eunhyuk that made me crane my neck. A slim boy with straight black hair and single lidded eyes was walking down the hallway, catching attention of many. His eyes were shyly down and his steps made no sound.

“Don´t bump into him, you know he´s made out of glass!”

I frowned hearing that. I dare anyone to bump into Eunhyuk! Everyone knew that the boy was literally made out of glass so they were all careful as to not make the fragile material shatter. But there wasn´t anyone that would be as evil as to touch Eunhyuk. The boy was practically untouchable with his graceful walk, polite speech and beautiful aura. Actually nobody knew anything more personal about the glass boy, we couldn´t really speak to him. What if we cracked him by accident? And even if we weren´t afraid to break that precious shell, we felt like we weren´t worth enough to get close. I had no idea whether Eunhyuk was lonely, he pretty much could have been. I couldn´t ask, I could only watch.

“Stop drooling, Donghae,” Siwon laughed and slapped my back.

“I´m not,” I protested and hit Siwon with my elbow. The tall lanky boy laughed and I for the last time glanced at the glass figure disappearing in the classroom.

“I think you should try to talk to him,” Siwon said and straightened his dark blue sweater.

“That´s stupid, Siwon, and you know it,” I rolled my eyes at him.

“True,” the thick eyebrows knitted together, “why the hell would Eunhyuk want to talk to you!” Then Siwon stuck his tongue at me and ran away after Eunhyuk. I was jealous of Siwon, he was in the same class with the glass boy, I was sure they were as close to each other as to exchange morning greetings. And that was a big issue I tell you!

Siwon pissed me off in the morning but I was still angry at him in the afternoon. It was a small thing, I knew I wasn´t even worth talking to Eunhyuk, but I didn´t need to hear it from Choi Siwon. And so when I went to the school library to borrow a thick book for my biology project and saw there a very familiar blue sweater, I got a good idea.

The idea came from the thick biology book about moths. I tiptoed through the library with the book above my head and raised it up even higher. Siwon was sitting in front of me, back facing me, not suspecting anything. I had a hard time holding back my laugh but I managed and swung my arms, hitting Siwon hard in the head with the book.

“Aw!”

Blood in my veins froze and my body went through rapid cold and then immediate thawing, followed by overheating. That person in front of me wasn´t Siwon, now that I look at it properly, the sweater seems a little different, it was somebody else sitting on the wooden chair. And I was very quickly understanding who the person was as everyone in the library was looking at me with pure horror in their eyes. Please, please don´t crack!

“Why did you do that?” Eunhyuk, the glass boy, turned around shocked. His eyes were wide, his mouth agape and he was rubbing his head with his hand.

“I´m sorry, I didn´t mean to,” I began hurriedly looking for any cracks, “I didn´t want to-” Eunhyuk suddenly frowned, looking at me with accusing stare.

“I´m not made out of glass,” he muttered almost soundlessly, not even in the quiet library was his voice heard. But he said it as a matter of fact, was he offended?

“I knew you weren´t from glass, or else I wouldn´t have hit you, right?” I had no idea how I was able to come up with such a great lie slash pick up line. I didn´t know I was such a brave person.

“I see,” Eunhyuk then answered and looked down on his lap. It was amazing, I couldn´t believe I was talking to him. Just like I couldn´t believe I had hit him, I must be crazy.

“You know,” I began but I couldn´t finish my hopeful sentence as I was cut off by angry shushing. I don´t think I was bothering the people in the library that much with my voice, rather they couldn´t stand me talking to Eunhyuk. It was making me feel proud. Nevertheless I had no choice but to beckon him and go away.

When I got outside on the hallway I breathed out finally. I was still awed by the fact I got to talk to Eunhyuk and he even looked into my eyes. Eunhyuk doesn´t usually look at anybody but I caught him by surprise, those almond eyes are so pretty. This was as close as I could get to him. Although it was just this once, I felt like I´ve fulfilled my high school goal. At that time I couldn´t even imagine talking to him any more. But soon I got to realise that it needed only a little bit of courage and I could get way more.

One afternoon I was returning from my soccer training, I was an aspiring footballer you see, and took a shortcut through the tennis court. I heard the characteristic sound of the yellow ball and tennis racket so I hurried to pass quickly. That was until I noticed the player, there was only one person on the court and playing against the training wall. It was Eunhyuk.

At first I didn´t know what to say. I wanted to start a conversation with him again, there weren´t even any people to shush me now, but how? Should I maybe hit him with a heavy object again? I don´t have the book about moths with me today, though. At that moment Eunhyuk hit the ball with Federer’s grace and Djokovic´s precision.

“You have a good swing!” I called before I could stop myself. Covering my face from the red sunlight, I tried to properly make the contours of the lean white boy in front of me.

“Thanks,” Eunhyuk replied, his eyes down again, the sound of the tennis gone.

“I didn´t know you played tennis,” I walked to him, pretending to not be utterly nervous. You see, everyone thought that Eunhyuk was made out of glass, he couldn´t do sports. He actually skipped PE classes.

“I play kind of professionally, my father was an athlete,” he began quietly, “so that´s why.”

“I see, I thought you didn´t like sports because you don´t attend PE,” I chuckled awkwardly, doing my very best to keep the conversation going

“My father was worried I would get injured during soccer or handball so he excused me from school sport activities,” the not really glass boy told me.

“Must be lonely playing all alone,” I remarked. After all, we all believed that Eunhyuk was lonely. Only we couldn´t really do anything about it, or so we settled at that kind of thinking.

“Do you want to play?” That I was shocked would be an understatement. He wants to play with me, really?

“I can´t play well, though,” I pouted, already disappointed.

“I will go easy on you,” Eunhyuk suddenly looked up and grinned before hiding that grin with his palm.

“Sure,” I threw my bag with soccer stuff on the ground and rushed to borrow Eunhyuk´s spare racket. It was suddenly Christmas for me and I couldn´t hide my happiness.

“And Eunhyuk?” The boy glanced at me with curiosity and simple smile on his lips. “I´m not made out of glass.” And then he blushed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hey, I´m sorry, I didn´t get to read it through well, I might do it later. No time but the prompt was funny. Thank you for reading! - PandaHero

Prompt for Emma, hope you make something awesome again: It was hot hot summer and a thick storm was coming. Something hit the house he lives in but it wasn´t a lighting.