(TSLF) The French Surprise

Drabbling through Eunhae's world (Two authors' game)

There are two people. "One is in a huge trouble, he needs help but the other is a foreigner. He doesn´t understand a single word." :D Looking forward to your idea. - Tessa

I needed months for this orz I hope it is somewhat acceptable, though. Sorry, it feels rushed and like a cracky mess. Italics mean thoughts. Oh, and enjoy!

 

The French Surprise

 

"Why did I chose to come to France again if I can't speak a word French? Besides my English is so bad. I should have stayed in Seoul, or better in my warm and nice bed. But no, I landed in a goddamn country where the language sounds like fast and furious whispers. And some of them are even rude without reason! Why were you so mad at me? Was it my way of breathing? What did that guy even say to me? Fils de pute or something? That better have been a compliment on my shoes! Seriously, how will I survive the next 6 -"
"Excusez-moi."

The brunette Korean stopped in his tracks and also stopped to rant about his unfortunate life. 
In front of him was a young looking Asian man, maybe around his age. He had bright red hair and such distinct features, Donghae was sure that he would never forget his face. While staring at the redhead's handsome face absentmindedly, the brunette congratulated himself for remembering the English phrase "excuse me" which sounds a bit like whatever the other said. 

Those are really really nice lips...Oh, wait. They are moving.

Donghae, ripped out of his daydream, tried to focus on what the other man was saying but understood nothing.
When he stopped talking and looked expectingly at Donghae, the foreigner asked himself whether it was a good idea 
to just nod and smile. 

No, who knows what I would agree to. Maybe giving him all the money I have or being his slave or worse slave, although the latter doesn't seem so bad. I can see how his muscles stretch the material of his shirt. God, I love my men in white shirts. Hell, I love myself in white shirts as well. We would look so good together, mhmm ~ 
Oh, wait, yes, he wants an answer.

The only intelligent thing that came to Donghae's mind was to shrug helplessly and to say "I don't know."

 ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~ o ~

Hyukjae looked at the male in front of him with scrunched eyebrows.

What does he mean "I don't know"?? Doesn't he speak any French? If so, why didn't he stop me from talking?
Damn, I don't know any English as well. He looks like he is from Korea. Well, I admit it, mother. In those moments, I regret not going to the Korean classes you signed me up to. I am sorry. I am also sorry for nearly failing English.

 
Here is Hyukjae's problem: 
His cousin Kim Heechul would be marrying his fiance in a few hours and he wanted to attend like every other guest but what he didn't expect is his cousin's devil-influenced mind. Heechul told him that he shouldn't dare coming to the reception without a date. Actually, it was more something like this: "LEE HYUKJAE, YOU ING USELESS MONKEY BEFRIENDING BANANA PEEL! GO FIND A DATE OR YOU AREN'T ALLOWED TO COME! DON'T YOU FEEL SHAME FOR RUNNING AROUND WITH YOUR RED SINGLE ? GO FIND A DATE AND DON'T YOU DARE TO BRING SOMEONE UGLY, YOU ARE ALREADY TOO MUCH! BRING SOME GOOD GENES INTO YOUR FAMILY!"

Heechul has always been a tiny little bit dramatic.

Especially now that he mutated to Bridezilla. An intimidating reminder of his last meet up with his cousin was enough to scar him forever. Heechul's words hurt pretty much, besides: What was honestly so bad about still being single with 28? 
Nothing, absolutely nothing. Nevertheless, he had to find a good looking guy to accompany him to the freaking wedding. Some might think the diva is exaggerating but Heechul never does with his promises. His mum also supports Heechul but in a more gentle way.

So, here he is. On the busiest street in Paris, looking for a handsome guy around his age. When he saw the cute brunette, he took all of his crumbled dignity and asked, after explaining his situation, whether the man wanted to be his date but the "I don't know" didn't help much.

Both looked at each other for a minute, not knowing what to do. Hyukjae nervously looked at his watch. Only two hours left. He had no other choice. 
Reluctantly, Hyukjae offered his right hand to the stranger, desperately hoping that he would take it and Hyukjae could run with him to the next store for a smoking. 

The stranger raised an eyebrow and hesitated but in the end he took Hyukjae's hand. 
The redhead smiled happily and ran off, always with the brunette behind him, never letting his hand go.

~ o ~ o  ~ o ~ o ~ o ~

Donghae didn't know what happened. Suddenly, he tried on smokings and he wondered whether he had agreed to getting married to the other guy. It would be quiet funny to come home and go like "Mom, Hyung, I am married to a guy whose name is a mystery. No, I have no idea how that happened, either! Wanna see our wedding pictures?"

The only thing he knows so far of his fiance - Donghae had to chuckle a bit because of that thought - is that he apparently is rich. He has looked at all the prizes and damn, those were higher than Ryeowook's voice. On helium. 
Right now, he was trying on a red suit but the colour was a bit too bright for his taste.

"I am Hyukjae." 

This time, the offered hand seemed more formal, nothing like the "take my hand and let's run somewhere" - feeling. 

"I am Donghae. You are Korean!" Before Donghae could talk to him in his preferred language the other already stopped him.
"Sorry, don't speak Korean...good..."
"Oh." 

The next suit he was trying on was dark blue. He liked it, it had a nice colour and a kind of homey feeling.
Hyukjae seemed to agree but didn't know how to express his agreement. What was the English word for beau again?

"You...very y." 

There was this feeling that this might not be it but the blush on the handsome face was worth it.  
Hyukjae told the salesman that he would take this suit for Donghae and went to dress himself in his own.
Donghae was 100 % sure that the man couldn't get more handsome than he was in his black suit except he is in his birth suit maybe. Donghae silently thanked Hyukjae for not reacting upon noticing his dirty chuckle.

"We...go. Okay?" Donghae, not caring wherever the man would take him, nodded and followed Hyukjae to a nice car. 
On their way to the place where the wedding was hold, the both of them rarely talked but Donghae didn't forget his manners and thanked him dearly for buying that expensive suit. Hyukjae grinned and thanked him as well. The brunette just wasn't sure for what but he would probably know soon anyway.

~ o ~  o  ~ o ~ o ~ o ~

When Donghae saw the whole ambience he became nervous. He was merely joking about a marriage back then, his mother would surely scream at him for marrying a stranger, nonetheless one in a foreign country.

, I will never go on a vacation alone anymore. Next time I'll just pull that brat Kyuhyun with me. Mom, I'm sorry, I know I am a disappointment. A failure. Please don't kill me with your super expensive Japanese knives.

"Lee Hyukjae! You are late! Did you even bring a date?! Probably n- Who is this?" Hyukjae's mom stopped screaming at her son and looked at Donghae. 
"My date, Mom. His name is Donghae. But he doesn't really know French...or English."
"Ohh! A Korean and so handsome! Hello, my boy."

Donghae was relieved to have met at least one person whom he could properly talk to. 
Apparently, he is not the groom but Hyukjae's cousin and he is a date. He could live with that very well.

After entering the place, he was left dumbfounded. It was a huge ball room for at least 300 guests. 

"Leave it for Heechul Hyung to exaggerate." 
"Stop talking in French! Try communicating with your date!"
"We hardly speak the same language!"
"Well, then, look for your cousin. He actually listened to his mother, you know. He studied Korean!"
"Okay, okay, I'm moving. Come on, Donghae...We...Heechul..look"

Turned out that Heechul also liked the fish his Dongsaeng angled. He liked him very much. Maybe too much.

"You are my new favourite Dongsaeng!"
"Oh, thank you, but we have only known each other for 2 minutes, Hyung."
"I honestly couldn't care less. This is my wedding and I make the rules."

~ o ~  o  ~ o ~ o ~ o ~

When the wedding was nearly over, both of them sat next to each other. They had talked (at least the best they could), they had laughed, they had danced. 

Hyukjae leaned on his hand while looking at his date. For some weird reason, the brunette only seemed to get more and more handsome. What damn pity though that they could barely communicate. There weren't very compatible verbally, but the way their bodies moved to each other on the dance floor told him that physically they would work well together.
Heechul's best friend was saying something in French but his sentences weren't very complicated. Donghae still didn't understand a single word.
Hyukjae sighed.
 
"You really don't understand any French, do you?"

Donghae turned his head towards the redhead and blinked. Slowly, a smug grin spread throughout his face. His eyes wandered from hyukjae's face lower and lower.

"I don't know how to speak, but I know how to do French."

Hyukjae gulped and minutes later, while Donghae is ing his shirt and kissing his neck, he thinks that they can work on the verbal part later. He should finally take those damn Korean lessons or Donghae French, he wasn't sure yet but hell, physically, they worked better than well together.

~ o ~  o  ~ o ~ o ~ o ~

Thank you for reading!

Your next prompt, my friend:

Person A wanted to order a pizza but for some weird reason he accidentally called a telephone hotline Person B works at.