(TSLF) Rule with me

Drabbling through Eunhae's world (Two authors' game)

Here, take my revenge for making up such a hard prompt for an innocent person like me! Muhehehehe. "There´s a lamp, a cattle, chopsticks, an elephant and then there´s a man that rules them all." - PandaHero :3

A/N: I don't know what happened, but somehow more of you have found this and I was remembered that I do owe Tessa her long awaited drabble :D So I took a bit of time to write this BUT it is very short and kinda bad since I abandoned writing completely unless it is for uni ^^' I apologize for the long wait and for this work of mine, still try to enjoy as far as possible please! 

(BTW, what kind of prompt was that???)

(also sorry for that lame title)

 

Rule with me


"Waaaah! Mr. Lamp you look so good today! You look so bright hehehe. Ah, the twins chop and stick have come, too! Hellooo! Oh, you are just in time for tea, Ms. Cattle - woaaah, you are sooooo beaaaautiful! Mr. Elephant agrees, right? Of course he does! Do you want some tea?"

A little boy smiled brightly, exposing his gums and his teeth to the fullest. He raised a pot full of sand and poured some of it into a little broken cup. 

"Here, Ms. Cattle! But drink fast because it is going to be cold soon. And then it is wasted. We don't waste food! Mhmmm ~ yummy!"

THe little boy laughed and poured some 'tea' for his other guests. 

"There is enough for you all! Oh, I nearly forgot the cookies!" 

He collected some leaves and put it on the table. 

"The party can really begin now!"
"S-Sorry?" 

The little boy turned around, surprised to hear another voice. In front of him was another boy, probably around his age, holding a plushy monkey and a plushy fish.

"C-Can.. I play with you?"

The other boy sounded so afraid. His eyes were big and it looked a bit like he was about to cry. He put on the brightest smile he ever had and patted on the bench, right next to him. 

"Of course! My name is Hyukjae, and you?"

The other boy smiled shyly and sat next to Hyukjae.

"I'm Donghae. My family just moved here." 

The boy suddenly smiled and showed Hyukjae his plushies.

"This is Mr. Fishy and this is Mr. Monkey!"

Hyukjae laughed and waved at both plushies excitedly.

"Hello, Mr. Monkey! Hello, Mr. Fishy! Woah, you look a bit like him, Donghae!"
"I know! And Mr. Monkey looks a bit like you!"

Both boys laughed and Hyukjae introduced all his tiny friends to his new friend.

"And I am King Hyukjae! And thiiiis-" He spread his arms and made a big circle. "-is my kingdom! We have lots of fun and adventures together!"
"King? Aren't you too young? Shouldn't you be a prince?"
"My brother always says 'Go big or go home!'. I am not sure what that means...Heechul Hyung is sometimes a bit weird but he said I should call myself King!"
"And what can I be?"

Hyukjae took a minute to think about it and looked at Donghae. Then his face lit up. He had found the perfect role for his new friend.

"You can be my Queen!"

 

--- 20 years later --- 


"Ms. Cattle, you look absolutely lovely today."
"Oh, Mr. Elephant, please stop. My cheeks are already burning and Mr. Monkey and Mr. Fishy are already laughing."
"But, Ms. Cattle, I must compliment you. You are beautiful!" 

"Haha, awww." Hyukjae smiled the way he always smiled, gums and teeth showing. He loved cartoons in general but the cartoon every sunday at 11 a.m. was definitely his very favourite.

He heard the front door open but he only cared about the monkey on screen now. Suddenly, someone's face was blocking his view.

"Are you honestly watching this silly show?" The man sat down next to him on the couch.
"Why, what's wrong with watching a cartoon in pajamas as a respectable man on a beautiful sunday morning?"
Hyukjae turned towards Donghae and raised an eyebrow.
"And what do you mean 'silly show'? This silly show paid for most things here, you know. The big screen you look at, the 10.000 Dollar couch you have your on, the new 5000 Dollar bed-"
"Okay, okay, I get it." Donghae stood up and moved to the kitchen. Naturally, Hyukjae followed after him. 
"I'm just still surprised you managed to create a whole story out of our childhood and then someone actually thought it would be good enough for not only children literature but also on TV. Kind of overwhelming."
"I know, right. But I am happy children have just as much fun as we did. And I hope they realize that they don't necessarily need the newest toys or need to have money to be happy. As long as you keep your fantasy, you can be everything you want and beyond."

Donghae smiled softly at Hyukjae and his eyes shined with all the love he felt for this man in front of him. Hyukjae smiled at him as well, exactly knowing what he meant with his smile. He took Donghae's left hand and kissed the golden band around his ring finger. His smile turned smug and he wiggled his eyebrows.

"Now, my Queen, how about we go and put that new 5000 Dollar bed to use?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Donghae hit his head lightly and chuckled, "ert." Not one second later, he felt how he was led to the bedroom nonetheless.

_______

 

My next prompt for Tessa:

Eunhae are rivals (doesn't matter if it is school, job or whatever) and everyone knows but everyone also knows that there is undeniable tension between them. Have fun ~