(PH) Flash

Drabbling through Eunhae's world (Two authors' game)

My next prompt for Tessa:

Eunhae are rivals (doesn't matter if it is school, job or whatever) and everyone knows but everyone also knows that there is undeniable tension between them. Have fun ~

Geez, I know what kind of tension you mean, you ert. Okay, here you have it!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Everyone knew. Because everyone always knows.

 

There were two great photographers in the field right now. They were the hottest issue for the past four years and nobody seemed to be getting even closer to their talent. And so the question was: who is better?

 

Hyukjae was focusing on people, taking photos of those that were either super famous or completely unknown. His art showed humanity and was able to move any heart with only the detail of an eye. Hyukjae loved people, it was well known. His private life was one big mess, he exchanged bed mates more often than the bedding, after all.

 

Donghae on the other hand photographed scenery. Places one wouldn´t imagine existed, in the city or far behind it. He played with the lights as if they were colours on his palette making everyone stare at his work in awe. Donghae often spent his time in solitude, but rumours went he was just looking for the right guy. That Donghae was gay, people also knew.

 

But the thing was, Donghae and Hyukjae had no history together. They were avoiding each other like a plague. No one has ever seen them alone, they always made sure to talk to each other when there was a lot of people. They also resented each other, both badmouthing the other and sabotaging their work.

 

It was no wonder, though. It was Donghae, who won the big award last year. His photo of morning Seoul became even the logo of the city. But it was Hyukjae, whose vernissage had the most visitors and his photos of marines became a hot topic on SNS.

 

They were both competitive, even more because people were trying to get them together. Hyukjae was Donghae´s type, slim and charming with nice body and witty humour. But the talk around Donghae threw the man almost into celibacy. He hasn´t had a partner for years and possibly no either.

 

Hyukjae was a total opposite of Donghae. Once people began pointing out the similarities between the two photographers, he decided to show he could have anyone. Sleeping with his models and random flings he met on parties, Hyukjae became promiscuous. There were many who were as handsome, funny and charming as Donghae.

 

But the fact was, Hyukjae did want Donghae and Donghae did find Hyukjae y. But how could they try it out together? That would destroy their image and all the efforts. Yet, they were both looking very much forward to certain Kim Heechul´s birthday. They were both invited.

 

“Oh, if this isn´t our little priest?” Hyukjae greeted massaging the of his date while talking.

“Hello there, ,” Donghae returned with a smirk, his friend Siwon only rolled his eyes.

“I´ve heard you won the award,” Hyukjae snorted, while inside his head he just wanted to tell that the photo was pretty good.

“You say that when you even attended the ceremony,” Donghae shook his head, not getting why Hyukjae just practically dug his own grave. “Or did you want me to thank you for returning it to me after holding it for a year?” At that Siwon sighed and left his friend, Donghae didn´t even notice.

“You can have your shiny prizes, midget. At least somebody gets to know you, usually people visit only my vernissages,” Hyukjae pointed at Donghae with both hands. The blonde date used the chance her backside was free and ran away.

“Maybe I should make my photos cheap too then?” Donghae snarled.

“First you would have to know what a photo is, it´s not an advertisement wallpaper,” Hyukjae was now really mad. Picking on stuff like prizes was okay but he did value his own work, Donghae was going overboard.

“Excuse me? My photos are good enough to be made into wallpapers, Hyukjae. Get your things straight,” Donghae thought Hyukjae was just jealous. And it´s not like this meant anything, everyone knew Hyukjae´s photos were amazing. Even Donghae did.

“I´m going to punch you, Donghae,” Hyukjae was losing patience. It was the moment when they both realised, they were alone in the foyer.

“I´m leaving,” Donghae was a little scared. Not of the hit but of the obvious tension in the empty room. Why was it empty, weren´t there supposed to be many people?

 

But Hyukjae was already behind the zenith and couldn´t just simply call off his words. And so he really hit Donghae, not too severely but it was definitely a punch. Donghae was holding his nose and cursing aloud, that´s not good. The last thing people should know is that bad Hyukjae hurt poor Donghae.

 

“Come here,” Hyukjae panicked and pulled Donghae into the restroom. “I´m sorry, okay?”

“Sorry? Are you sick in the head, Hyukjae?” Donghae´s nose was bleeding and he felt embarrassed.

“I´m sorry,” Hyukjae just repeated and began wiping the blood from Donghae´s chin.

“It´s okay, let it go,” the bleeding man finally calmed down and had to accept that it was just an accident, which escalated a little too much. It has also been a while, since he saw Hyukjae up so close and he had to admit, it was a pleasant view.

 

“I will invite you to something delicious,” Hyukjae felt genuinely guilty, even though the nose stopped bleeding and wasn´t even crooked.

“For everyone to see how nice you are, no thank you,” Donghae´s last attempt to fight the attraction.

“You are right, then I will open a bottle at my place where no one can see?” Hyukjae lost against the pull long ago.

“Sounds nice,” Donghae nodded.

 

They both knew, what the deal meant. They only hoped that everyone didn´t realise yet. Arriving to Hyukjae´s apartment, both men began acting way differently. Hyukjae made it romantic with red wine and a candle, Donghae sat too close and opened his shirt too much. Flirting became suddenly a competition.

 

“I´m sure you don´t even remember how to open your legs,” Hyukjae ended the conversation.

 

Donghae didn´t try to counter with words, he used his body instead. The deal was dirty, they knew it from the start. But why would they mind, they knew it from the very beginning of their career that they were made for each other anyway. Hyukjae has never had better lover in his bed and Donghae didn´t forget the right way to go at it. You can´t just try and control an artist.

 

The sound that woke Donghae up was weird. Like a machine or maybe like putting together a chair from IKEA? It sounded similar. When he managed to win over his tiredness and open his eyes, he found Hyukjae standing by the bed wearing nothing. The y man was fondling with his tripod and camera.

 

“What are you doing, Hyukjae,” Donghae croaked.

 

Hyukjae turned his head to him and smiled widely. So brightly that Donghae swore he became blind. Hyukjae finished with installation and pushed the button. The red light on the camera began blinking and the man jumped into the bed, kissing Donghae senseless.

 

“Getting the big prize this year,” and then the flash.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The End

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello, unusually passionate, right? I could avoid it but I knew you would be dissappointed... :D Anyway thank you for reading and here´s the next prompt: they couldn´t really remember but they certainly knew each other because instead of their memory, it was the body that reacted first - PandaHero :D