(PH) Sacrifice

Drabbling through Eunhae's world (Two authors' game)

Hello! I got an idea for this right away, I just didn´t have time to write it down. I got partially inspired by Mr. and Mrs. Smith (can you find it?). I hope you like it, it´s short! - PandaHero

 

The prompt: Killing him was his only chance.

 

 

 

SACRIFICE

 

“Donghae, this is insane,” he whispered into the phone. I shivered hearing his desperate voice.

“Hyukjae, listen to me,” I took a deep breath, this phone call must have been the hardest task for me since we were in a relationship. We weren´t together for that long but I loved Hyukjae deeply.

“I´m listening,” he whispered, quietly so he wouldn´t be heard. I clenched the phone in my hand tightly.

I met Hyukjae two years ago in north Africa. I had some business there while he was on vacation by himself. In that foreign country we came across each other, unable to take our eyes off. His skin was still pale even after spending so much time under the scorching African sun, it was fascinating me because I became tanned in just two days. Hyukjae wore big clothes and I loved his collarbone and ankles and ears and lips, I ended up telling him one night in the hotel after drinking four Cosmopolitans. I thought he would be shocked or maybe feel awkward, but he asked me for my address instead.

A month later, on a rainy day in Seoul, he rang my doorbell and I let him in. That day we decided to try it out together, since then we were going out. I loved Hyukjae, I loved that guy more than anything. But it´s never only flowers and rainbows, sometimes you have to make a sacrifice for the relationship. Sometimes you have to clench your teeth.

“I could do it for you,” I said. “I will come at night and do it.”

“No, I won´t endure it until then!” Hyukjae cried, his voice getting louder. It was the nerves.

“Killing isn´t the only option you have,” I closed my eyes tightly and rubbed the bridge of my nose. Somebody knocked on the door. I didn´t have time.

“Either you do it or I, but you need to decide now, Hyukjae,” I told him as calmly as I could. The knocking again.

“I will do it. Now or never,” Hyukjae suddenly decided. He was determined.

“Do you have a weapon?” I asked nervously, the time was tickling.

“Yes,” Hyukjae coughed but that didn´t stop him, I heard him move around, cautious steps, then his breathing, echo.

“Hyukjae, love,” knocking, “I really need to go. The meeting is about to start, they keep knocking on the office door.”

“Don´t leave! Not now! I need you,” Hyukjae pleaded, I could imagine him crying. I breathed in and put the phone back to my ear.

“Do it, honey,” I tried to sound assuring.

 

Splat.

 

“Donghae, I killed the bug,” he whispered.

“You´re awesome, I love you,” I said, all the frustration suddenly gone.

“Thank you, Donghae, I love you too.” And then the entomophobic hung up.

 

 

 

The End

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So? How was it? kkkkk You know, Donghae is really amazing to not blow up, how long the phone call could have been? :D Thank you for reading! - PandaHero

 

The next prompt for Emma: Some people said it was swag, some said it was idiocy but he thought that it was endlessly charming.