(PH) THE FAMOUS

Drabbling through Eunhae's world (Two authors' game)

Emma´s prompt: "He went shopping, learning working and eating - why the hell was there always this guy?" I didn´t really have any idea at first but then I decided to write something funny. (Well, it´snot that funny, don´t expect anything big, it´sjust not sad) Many people seem in a bad mood nowadays and I´m also pretty tired so let´senjoy something more simple. :P - PandaHero

 

 

 

 

THE FAMOUS

 

Just because you don´t know the name Lee Hyukjae, it doesn´t mean that I´m not famous. I am but only among people from the industry. I work as a camera director and for my age I already made myself a name. If you want to film something with good quality, you should definitely make me want to join the staff. I myself had no idea what I would do if they wouldn´t let me work in the film industry, I failed as an actor and director and in the end tried the last option. It worked.

Today I wasn´t as busy as I usually am. I had only one meeting in the afternoon so I decided to go shopping for a bit. I was lacking in autumn fashion. The fact that you are on the other side of the camera doesn´t mean you have to look like a beggar. And also this exact sense for style was my biggest charm for which I haven´t rested for ages.

I waltzed into my favourite mall and found myself in the middle of a light show. Christmas was still far ahead but the craze was already in move in the biggest nests of capitalism. I was one of those few people that actually supported this soul-less marketing. At the end of October, I was overwhelmed by the immense number of tiny lightbulbs around me. I closed my eyes and then opened them slowly, that was what the light director taught me to do to understand how the lighting works. I chuckled at my silly behaviour and finally decided to rummage through the shops.

But right from the start the choice of fashion wasn´t to my liking. The wallpaper in the show-window was telling me who was ´it´ nowadays. I frowned, do I have to wear clothes with that face? Annoyed, I walked out of the shop. But it´s not like I could escape since that exact face since then kept following me everywhere. Huge sad orbs and crooked teeth, not my type.

After the failure with shopping, I found myself looking forward to the business meeting. I was going to work with one of my favourite directors on a big scale drama. It´s been a while since I worked on a drama for TV, but I was happy for the diverse jobs I was offered. It was the script reading today and afterwards it was the directing staff meeting. As the head cameraman, I had to attend and I was honestly excited.

“This is the comedy part of the drama,” the director pointed out, “I hope the setting can come out brighter than in action scenes.” I nodded my head, my eyes running through the scriptwriter´s notes.

“On which page was the description of her room?” I asked because I couldn´t find it.

“76th, it´s the first encounter with that side character,” the set designer was orientated.

“Thanks,” I searched for the page, I wanted to grasp the feeling and also be ready for the director´s instructions. Comedic scenes had usually characters moving around a lot, stable camera was the basic- “What´s that?” I clicked my teeth.

“She´s a die hard fan, there has to be a big poster somewhere in the room too,” the director knew perfectly what caught my attention. The name that was pronounced in the script more than the name of the character herself. My enthusiasm was immediately gone.

“Let´s zoom in at the beginning of the scene,” I just muttered.

“Yes, that would be good for diffusion,” the director agreed. But even his appraisal didn´t raise up my mood, it was seriously annoying that I would now zoom in at that cute head every other day until Christmas.

After the meeting there was the staff dinner but I excused myself because I had another appointment. Personal this time. I got a few cat calls from the colleagues that knew me well, they could guess I had a date. I have never told them who my lover was but they somehow figured out that it was a celebrity. There were many wild rumours going around about me in studios but for what I know, nobody has guessed right so far. I was good at hiding my relationship.

I drove to a secluded neighbourhood, my other half had an apartment nearby. We used to meet often in his favourite restaurant. When I arrived, our table was still empty. I had been afraid I was running late but now I could relax. Well, until I saw something I have never noticed here. Right on the opposite wall, there was about five of them. All with those round dark eyes, cute nose and plump cheeks. Smiling at me or wiggling around.

“Ugly,” I huffed.

“What´s ugly?” The honey voice, that I was so addicted to, chuckled, and a famous actor sat in front of me, covering the huge provocation behind him.

“That face is haunting me the whole day!” I complained straight away.

“Who?” He chuckled, a very handsome man with charming smile.

“You know him,” I rolled my eyes. Ironically I couldn´t suddenly remind myself of the name. “Cute face with big sad eyes and crooked smile. Like a fish,” I explained awkwardly.

“Ah, you mean me?” The famous actor Lee Donghae pointed at himself. “You say I´m ugly?” I met Donghae when I worked with him on a movie. He was the main actor and when I kept seeing him on the monitor, I realised I was drawn to him. And he noticed, asking me out about a year ago.

“What? No!” I whined. I knew he was just teasing me but I liked him too much to even joke about it. “You´re the most handsome man.”

“Aw, so cute,” Donghae smiled. He was still teasing me but when he leaned forward to make a pouty face, the big glass attraction fell into my view again.

“That! That thing! It was all over the place today!” I pointed childishly at the opposing wall and Donghae turned around.

“Ahh,” he sighed. “It´s because the follow up movie is in the cinema now, I wanted to take you there, actually.”

“Uh,” his disappointed eyes were like a punch into my face. All of a sudden everything changed with one glance, I was in love all over again. “But I would really love to go to the movies with you. Even to see that, uh.”

“Nemo,” Donghae smiled lovingly, “that ugly fish is Nemo.”

 

 

 

The End

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Asa! So that was it. Uh uuuuuh! X3 Okay, it´spretty cold, let´s read something hot next!

Your prompt: The stripper said he confused the address, that he was supposed to be on a hen party. So why isn´t he leaving my room then?