(TSLF) Dangerous Love

Drabbling through Eunhae's world (Two authors' game)

Bah, 'Dangerous love' what a tacky name xD Seriously, not the best I've chosen. 
Anyways: Hey, guys! I'm presenting you my rather short and dark drabble for Tessa's damn prompt. Thanks for the all the comments and new subscribers <3

Prompt: Non omnis moriar. I shall not wholy die/Not all of me will die.

Warning: Basically abusive relationship? And sorta dramatic/sad ending? Nothing too heavy or explicit.

 

 

Dangerous Love
 

 

This was the man he loved.

Hyukjae slowly closed his eyes. He wondered if he really wanted to do what he was about to do. Was it really worth it?
When he opened his eyes, he looked into the warm brown eyes of the love of his life. Those deep eyes that could turn into a darker shade any time. Colder, harsher, more dangerous. 
People would usually be alarmed but his brain shut down the moment he first saw him and all that was leading his body and mind was his erratically beating heart. 
Back then Donghae smirked his way and he knew there was no hope left. He had fallen under a spell he couldn't get rid off even if he wanted to. 

It always fascinated him how not only Donghae's eyes but his whole being changed occasionally. One moment he was sweet and caring, asking him if he was okay or if he needed anything. The next moment he barely registered how he ended up lying underneath the other man or against the next wall, trapped by his body. His friends first commented on all the bruises on his arms and on his hip jokingly. He laughed with them when they asked. "He likes it a bit rougher." he joked. His friends at first. 

But later they were skeptical. Asked more often, analyzed his behaviour. But they couldn't deny the love struck expression whenever the other male was the topic they talked about. There could be nothing wrong with Hyukjae if he were happy, right? He was after all an adult. He could take care of himself. He knew what he wanted and he wanted Donghae. That's all that matters, right? So, why didn't his friends understand? He was thankful for their concern but why were they so ignorant? Couldn't they see how happy he was to be in Donghae's arms? How the other could never really hurt him?
Maybe he wanted to be handled that way.
Maybe he really did like it rough.
Maybe he liked the purple and blue blooming spots on his white skin.
Maybe he liked being Donghae's personal canvas.
What did they know, anyway? It is probably for the better that he doesn't keep contact with them anymore. They started to get annoying with their never ending questions. It seemed like his bruises were the only topic they knew. He didn't feel free with them anymore. But with Donghae - he felt like he understood him. Never asked unnecessary questions. 

That's right. You only need Donghae in your life. No one else. He thought.

His parents have left him soon after he got together with Donghae. They didn't like him and he didn't like them for some weird reason. He tried bringing them together more, so maybe they could start liking each other but it always ended with someone in his family pissed and him with bigger bruises. It was useless. His family was useless. They rarely supported him in anything, was it his choice to choose a dance major of financing, or moving hundreds of kilometers away to study or having Donghae as a potential son-in-law. Even his sister never stopped nagging about how he should leave Donghae. How could he if he loved the other? Ridiculous. They were simply ridiculous. That's why soon after he was tired of hearing the same words over and over again from them. 

Donghae and I are meant to be.

Even if he had no one else anymore, he had Donghae. He was the only one that mattered. The only one he needed. Just him. 

"Hyukjae."

Hyukjae awakened from his stupor and was surprised to find out that he was only starring at this handsome man in front of him the last few minutes.

"Yes?"
"Have you thought about it?"
"I-"

Has he? He loved Donghae with all of his whole being. His heart, his mind, his body - they all belonged to Donghae the second he saw him. What made him hesitate?
What made him hesitate to just say yes and spend the rest of his life with Donghae? The sole thought of spending even a few hours without Donghae made him anxious. No, he was sure, he couldn't live without him. Why did he hear some familiar voices in head telling him to be cautious then? 

He saw how Donghae furrowed his eyebrows at Hyukjae's lack of response. The eyes he loved so much turned so dark, a shiver ran down his spine. The voices were gone.


"Love."

Hyukjae loved it when Donghae called him his love. He also loved how he carefully took his hands into his. His eyes turned back into a soft brown. 

"I want to be with you forever. But as I have told you before, I can't if you don't agree."

He wanted to. Agreeing to Donghae's condition, so they could be together forever. Really forever, since Donghae has lived more lives then anyone could count. Hyukjae never understood how exactly that was possible for a man to live forever. 

'I do die, you know. But as long as you love me, I can be by your side for the rest of our lives.'

Whenever he asked more questions, his memory was unclear of the answers. Like something or someone was blocking his mind. He only knows both of them had to sacrifice themselves somehow in a way. But it all didn't matter.
He was promised a neverending love story with Donghae. He would be foolish not to accept. What was holding him back? 

'Nothing' he heard a voice saying in his head. It was his own but it sounded so robotic and strange he nearly mistook it as someone else's.

"You don't have to fear anything, darling. You and I are going to be bond forever. You will be the one reason why I will live. You know you want it."
Donghae reached out to take his face into his hands. His eyes were piercing his soul, demanding the answer he wanted to hear. He weekly nodded his head, barely registering what he did. 

"Yes..." he whispered.

He felt how thin lips pressed on his own in a familiar way. For a moment he felt blissful untill suddenly he felt how Donghae's hand reached towards his left rib cage - his heart. The moment he felt how something clawed through his shirt and the flesh towards his heart he screamed, pain excruciating, vision darkening.

Before he completely out he only heard Donghae whisper into his ear in a language he didn't understand while feeling how his lips turned into a smirk.

"Non omnis moriar." 

Hyukjae felt how his body lost all of its power, fearing what might happen next but it was all going to end well, right?
Because Donghae was worth it all.

After all that was the man he loved.


_____________

What a prime example of a toxic relationship put in an unrelastic fantasy-ish world? i dunno. The first time I read the prompt (ITS LATIN WTF TESSA) I just felt like it must be something dark and here we go whooo. Hope it was somewhat okay?

New prompt: He was his biggest fan but at the same time his biggest enemy. 

(I don't even know?)