(PH) Stager

Drabbling through Eunhae's world (Two authors' game)

 

Prompt: The stage was his dream but so was drinking coffee with stage props. 

Seriously? Did you hit your head or something? How was I supposed to make a story out of that? :D I came up with something but it´s not that good... anyway, enjoy yourself! - PandaHero

 

 

Since the first time I have seen him, I haven´t missed a single showing. He was like a ray of sunlight in the middle of a grey rainy day, or an autumn leaf entangled in a girl´s black hair. Or that´s how I looked at him whenever I saw him on stage. As if he was a strange anomaly, an incredibly beautiful mistake in Matrix. For me he was untouchable, a true star that didn´t receive the deserved attention. Eunhyuk was the best musical actor in Korea in my eyes.

It was when Heechul took me on a showing of ´Goddess is watching´ to see his dongsaeng on the stage. Unfortunately the one we came to watch wasn´t acting that day, instead of him there was Eunhyuk. I would usually fall asleep during musicals but this time I kept watching almost without blinking. He was just this visible for me, my jaw dropped when I saw him move. Since then I would go to whatever showing where I could see him, I became a true fan.

Yet I´ve never talked to Eunhyuk. I did see him once out of the theatre, he was walking with his friends somewhere. But I didn´t have the guts to go and talk to him, he looked in real life as charming as on the stage. I ended up watching him with dumb expression on my face, which alarmed also present Heechul that something was going on. I should have known he was up to something when he wanted to go to the theatre with me the next week.

 

They were showing ´Goddess is watching again´, all the more it was suspicious that Heechul was coming with me. Everything clicked when the play ended and instead of leaving the place, Heechul grabbed my hand and began pulling me backstage. I tried to fight back a little but at the same time I was excited. Heechul´s dongsaeng was there to show us the right door. He was frowning and I didn´t see why Heechul kept calling him cute, he was just a potato to me in comparison with Eunhyuk.

“Take this, I heard he likes coffee,” Heechul pushed a small box of luxurious coffee into my hands.

“Hyung!” The third person protested. “Don´t give that to him, I told you he´s a bastard!”

“Quiet, this is Donghae´s thing,” Heechul wasn´t getting anything from neither of us and arrogantly opened one of many doors on the hallway before pushing me inside.

Right away I understood he knew what he was doing. The room looked like a dressing room, it was packed with various props, clothes, make-up and snacks. I guess usually there were more people but right now there was only one. Still in the costume, a uniform, a man was sitting by the mirror and cleaning his face. I recognized him right away and my heartbeat quickened.

“Hello?” Eunhyuk turned to me quizzically. I became suddenly worried that he would get angry with me.

“Uh, I´m a fan,” I stuttered and bowed a little while rising the pretty box in my hands.

“Oh, this is for me?” Eunhyuk asked a little awkwardly. He stood up from his place and walked to me, I just gulped dryly.

“It´s an honour,” I whispered when Eunhyuk gave me his hand for a handshake. Those legendary long and white fingers slipped against my palm and I had a hard time breathing. I had no idea I was such a big fan to even have a problem breathing in front of my idol.

“Don´t be so tense, let´s have a cup of coffee together, do you want?” Eunhyuk just leisurely took the box from my hand and cleaned some empty plastic cups and props away to reveal a small coffee machine.

“If you don´t mind,” I said going with the flow.

“Not really, the show is over,” Eunhyuk shrugged, “did you like it? Um...”

“Donghae!” I introduced myself hastily.

“Nice name, I´m Hyukjae,” Eunhyuk nodded and I was suddenly a little confused. “Eunhyuk is my stage name,” the star actor answered to my confused face.

Eunhyuk gave me a cup of coffee and I had to admit that it was really good. But weirdly for himself he poured the hot drink into one of the props! I was looking at him with disbelief when he sipped his coffee from the helmet he was wearing on the stage. I had no words, what the hell was that? I couldn´t even ask.

 

I felt slightly disappointed when I thought back to that meeting. I was so shocked by the helmet thing that I wasn´t able to lead a proper conversation with Eunhyuk. I was embarrassed but that didn´t stop me from visiting the theatre the next week too. I was sitting on my usual place, enjoying my time as always. And then it happened, Eunhyuk looked my way and winked. Oh holy crap! My heartbeat was no joke after that, I might have even disturbed people around with the thumping.

And it wasn´t over yet! When the play ended and people were leaving, I also stood up to go out to the exit. Right then I heard my name being called and so I turned around. It was Eunhyuk, he was peeking from behind the curtain and gesturing me to come. I did as told of course, sprinting there as fast as I could. It was a small local theatre so I was there in a second.

“I was worried you already left,” he told me with a dashing smile, “do you want to come backstage?” I just nodded my head vigorously, it was sweet from him to invite me again.

Once again we found ourselves in the waiting room, me with a cup in my hand and sitting on the chair. Eunhyuk was next to me and wiping his make-up in front of the mirror. Finally I had the chance to tell him how much I enjoyed the performance and how great it was to meet him in person.

“I´m glad you´re not disappointed,” Eunhyuk just sighed.

“Why? You´re so cool and nice, you´re even really handsome in real life!” I told him excitedly and it was obvious that the actor blushed.

“Thank you,” he whispered, “I guess.”

When Eunhyuk finished cleaning himself, he walked to the coffee machine and made his favourite coffee. Only this time he poured it into a fake grenade! He then drank it from the black ball as if nothing and I felt my head spinning. I didn´t understand the meaning of it, was he trying to be funny? I should have laughed maybe? Or was it his celebrity quirk? Drinking coffee from props maybe helps him get out of the role or something? I couldn´t understand and so I stayed quiet. And it might have been a good decision since he asked me to come the next week here right away.

 

I was excited, to the point I had no idea if my heart would withstand it. I even wondered if I shouldn´t go straight home after the play because when Eunhyuk smiled at me for the third time during his act, I felt my blood rush to my head. But I gathered some courage and after cooling down myself a little I let myself through to the backstage.

“Hi,” I greeted quietly and entered the dressing room.

Eunhyuk was standing in the corner and back-facing me. I guess while I was taking my breath, he managed to take off his make-up and was now dressing up. I watched as he covered his white back with a shirt and ran his hand through his hair. Then he turned around and saw me standing there.

“Donghae! I didn´t hear you coming!” He said all happy to see me.

“Sorry,” I apologized for being late and barging inside. Eunhyuk just shook his head and gestured to the chair. He the coffee machine and opened some biscuits.

“You know, Donghae,” he began, “I was having a hard time, even thought of quitting musicals.”

“What? Why? You are amazing!” I was all flustered. Eunhyuk chuckled.

“I ´m really not that great,” he was smiling when giving me the cup, “and I don´t feel like quitting anymore anyway. Because you cheer me on.”

“Uh?” I just blinked, trying to ignore the fact that Eunhyuk was now pouring his coffee into a spare rubber boot!

“I mean, I feel so energized when I know that at least one person in the audience enjoys my acting,” he said seriously and raised the shoe above his head so he could take a sip.

“I really like you a lot,” I suddenly said and Eunhyuk began couching, struggling with both air and coffee. “Maybe even more than a fan, now that I think about it.” I didn´t know why I admitted all that, where I got so much courage to tell him my feelings. Perhaps the fact he drank coffee from a rubber shoe made him seem less like a deity and more humane.

“That´s,” Eunyhuk was blushing deep red, “actually nice.” The shy look he gave me made me smile right away. I couldn´t believe my luck!

 

After that I began meeting Eunhyuk mostly out of the theatre. I learned that he struggled because he wasn ´t a good dancer and musicals require dancing too. I encouraged him to pursue his dream, one day he would surely become really famous. I got a kiss as thanks. About a week after that conversation we began dating for real and about a month later I finally found the reason for Eunhyuk´s weird habit.

“You know Ryeowook?” Eunyhuk pointed discreetly to a short guy.

“Heechul´s dongsaeng?” I blinked, why was he related to the coffee?

“He was an actor too before but he lost in singing to me,” Eunhyuk whispered into my ear, “he ended up being a prop master. He couldn´t get over it and began bad-mouthing me around. At some point it got really bad, I was severely bullied. Now it´s much better, people don´t say bad things about me anymore.”

“Wow, I didn´t know,” I felt sad and rubbed Eunhyuk´s back to ocmfort him.

“I couldn´t say anything because then I would be the bad guy, my image would get only worse and so I came with an idea,” Eunhyuk snorted, “I began ruining the props with coffee. Either people didn´t know about it or thought I was just joking. Nobody guessed I was doing it to annoy Ryeowook! Aren´t I a genius?”

“Hyuk?” I sighed and Eunhyuk looked at me. “You´re an idiot.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

The End

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi! I hope you liked the weird story! - Thankyou, PandaHero

Next prompt, baby! I wanted to be nice but then I read what you gave me and changed my opinion, kkkk: One day he met a cupid, no, actually he met the Cupid. That guy had wings and was weird, was he supposed to fall in love or what?