(PH) Boiling

Drabbling through Eunhae's world (Two authors' game)

 

Prompt: He didn´t know how he got there. He only remembered rain and now he was suddenly in a kettle. How could he get back? He was only a little fish!

So, you probably expected another Nemo story, didn´t you, guys? Nope, it´s not :P I hope you like it anyway!

 

 

 

Boiling

 

 

When I opened my eyes, I felt like crying already. I didn´t know how I got here or when. The last thing I remembered was standing under a short roof and hiding from the rain. But the worst thing was, that out of all the things I didn´t know, there was one I knew. I knew this place. I´ve never been here but I´ve heard terrible rumours about this warehouse. People from the business called it the Kettle. The metal container was the place where people were boiled. Just the fact that I was lying on this cold floor was absolutely terrifying. And then the door opened.

“Oh no, what´s this,” the man who entered didn´t seem to be in a good mood. I was blinded by the light he let in with his entrance, when my eyes got used to it, the door closed again. There were four men in the room.

“That´s him,” one of the men answered the thinnest guy.

“Ah geez,” the thin boss rolled his eyes, “I thought it was the other gang´s provocation.” I still had no idea why I was in here. I was only a small fish, only a pick-pocket! What do these guys have to do with me? I´m not in any gang!

“It was him, though,” the gang members pointed their fingers at me.

“Get rid of him,” the boss wasn´t in mood to deal with a small fry.

“No, please, don´t!” For the first time I managed to express myself. Everyone looked at me bemused, we were in the Kettle after all. And they were boiling me thoroughly.

“What´s your name?” The boss asked me, looking down at my pitiful self on the floor.

“Donghae,” I stammered quietly.

“Yesterday, Donghae,” he empathized my name and I shivered. “You broke into an expensive car and stole a few things, haven´t you?” I gulped dryly as he was now standing above me and watching me with the cruellest eyes I´ve ever seen in my life. “That Benz belongs to Eunhyuk, do you know Eunhyuk?”

“Nu,” I wanted to say that I didn´t know Eunhyuk but all I managed was a whine.

“I. Am. Eunhyuk.” I swear I´ve never felt more terrified in my life. Not even when I got caught by police, not when I got cramps in a deep pool. Nothing, absolutely nothing was more frightening than this man.

“Oh my Lord! You are kidding me!” Eunhyuk suddenly jumped back. Yes, I peed my pants. I won´t comment on this, I have no words.

“Eww,” the gang squinted.

“Donghae, aren´t you embarrassed?” Eunhyuk asked me in disbelief and I wished I could tell him that I was. “Nah, this isn´t right.” He rubbed the bridge of his nose.

“Should we get rid of him?” One of the gang members asked, expecting a quick answer.

“You!” Eunhyuk pointed at his underdog. “Would you want to die like that?! Get him cleaned and then off him.”

“But,” the gang members were looking cowardly at each other. Nobody wanted to take care of a shrimpy that pissed his . Their eyes fell on their leader with expectation.

“You guys are unbelievable,” Eunhyuk shook his head. “Exactly this behaviour degrades you on mere thugs, shame on you.”

“Sorry,” the gang mumbled but still nobody volunteered to take me in. I stayed quiet in my wet pants, giving up on living altogether.

“I will do it then,” Eunhyuk decided and his underdogs let out a few apologetic sentences. “Wrap your jacket around your hips, Donghae. You are not ruining another car of mine with your wet .”

It was embarrassing, even in my terrified state I felt horribly ashamed. Eunhyuk drove fast and I wondered of my death. Will I die by accident in this car or will I get ´offed´?” The boss might have offered himself to take care of me, but he definitely wasn´t pleased. The way he slammed the door when getting off, was enough of an indicator.

Awkwardly I followed Eunhyuk to his apartment. With the jacket around my hips and with tears in my eyes, I looked like a hobo. Eunhyuk was right, dying like that would be especially silly and embarrassing. I felt suddenly somehow thankful, although I shouldn´t have been. He was going to kill me after all.

“The shower is there,” Eunhyuk pointed to a white door, “come out when you are clean.”

I nodded my head and taking off my shoes, I tiptoed through the stylish living room. The bathroom was wide and every fine surface was shining. I took off my clothes and purposely shoved them into Eunhyuk´s laundry basket. My DNA should be all around and I made sure that my fingerprints would be on every single one of the shining surfaces. Then I finally climbed into the shower.

The hot water was the greatest thing ever. I took my time, trying out all the soaps and shampoos there were. I didn´t want to come out but soon I began to fear, that Eunhyuk would get angry with me being there for too long. I didn´t want to be murdered more sadistically than needed. I put on a brown bathrobe that was hanging on the wall and finally gathered the courage to walk out of the bathroom.

But to my surprise, or better to my shock, Eunhyuk fell asleep while waiting. I found him passed out on the sofa, with his legs down and eyes closed. The first thing on my mind was of course running away. But something stopped me, it was a strange feeling. I felt slightly guilty after the man showed me the kindness. And also, when I saw him sleeping there, thrown in an uncomfortable position, I didn´t feel scared anymore.

I decided to stay and wait. Possibly, I could talk him out in the morning to let me live. He might have just been tired tonight. I walked into Eunhyuk´s bedroom and rummaged through his closet. I stole some clothes to wear, it wasn´t like I would run away with them. Then I returned to the living room and pulled Eunhyuk´s legs up on the sofa. I went as far as putting a pillow under his head. This righteous mafia would have surely done the same for me.

When I stopped fearing, I began thinking. I only broke into his Benz, I was a small fry. There was no need to have me killed, I was hoping to convince Eunhyuk in the morning. I dozed off twice on the sofa and woke up really early. Taking care of my tired face a little, I then went to the kitchen. I studied the nice coffee machine for a while, it shouldn´t be hard to make a coffee. It was when I finished making the second cup that Eunhyuk walked into the kitchen.

“You are still here,” he said. It wasn´t a question, it wasn´t even morning confusion. Eunhyuk was dressed in different clothes and his hair was wet. Obviously refreshed. “The smell of coffee woke me up.”

“Good morning,” I said.

“Seriously,” Eunhyuk sighed and sat down on a bar stool with his coffee, “what kind of person are you, Donghae?” It wasn´t a question again, but I answered.

“Alive?”

“Sure you are,” Eunhyuk chuckled, “and sure you will be.” He smiled at me and although I was probably very happy that he would let me live, I was also surprised to see his smile. It was so charming.

“Thank you,” I said, not able to take my eyes off his face.

“Although,” his eyes then darkened, “I almost offed you when I saw what you did in my bathroom.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

The End

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Asa! So, how was it? Muhehehehe. I contemplated for a long time if I should make Donghae pee his pants or not but then I thought that everything is possible in these drabbles. Kkkkkk Sorry, Donghae´s fans! Thanks for reading and commenting! - PandaHreo

 

The next prompt: It happened when they were on stage. It was really embarrassing. It was hilarious. It was Super Junio-eyo!