Ch 8

Where Did You Come From, Moon Sung Mi? (어디에서 왔는지?)
Moon POV:

Chapter 8:

*ring*

“Sung Mi-ah~”

Ne Boss. What is it?”

“I need you to take the midday shift today. Can you do it?”

“Sure, I'll get my things ready. I'll be there in half an hour. Is my sister going to be there?”

“No, she has to do something, that's why you have the shift.”

“Then what about my normal shift?”

“I gave it to a new employee. You might see him the next time you come to work.”

“Okay Boss, I'll see you later.”

Ne, see you later.” She closes her phone and opens up the music app. She downloaded some songs from Yoongi's group to, you know, check them out. She was challenging herself to figure out which rapper was her childhood friend. She listens to all the songs on her way to work. She couldn't pick out his voice from the bunch, but she narrowed it down a little, knowing that Yoongi doesn't sing.

When she arrives at the park near the coffee shop, she hears a song that she liked instantly. I'll ask him about this song if I see him.

She enters the coffee shop to be greeted by her co-worker Inha. She greets her back and goes to the back to change into her uniform.

The day was pretty slow, maybe because it was so close to New Years. I like it more like this, more time for myself.

At one point in the day there were no customers; taking that into account, she takes out her phone to check her messages. She frowns when she sees there are none. He might be busy, I'll just text him. She clicks on Yoongi's icon and thinks about the message in her head. She settles for one that would answer all of her questions.

 

-       Hey Yoongi, it's Sung Mi. I wanted to know if Let Me Know was one of your songs because I wasn't so sure. I don't know why but it just didn't sound too BTS if that makes any sense. That doesn't mean it's bad, I actually really liked it ^-^. And I can't pick out your voice from the rappers ;^;. I want to by myself but I guess I need to resort to the Internet. I'll talk to you after work if I get anytime. Byee~~ :3 have a nice day working.

 

She sets her phone down and goes back to working when she hears it ring. She picks it up.

 

- New Message from: Min Suga -

 

-       I'm not actually working, we have the week off for holiday.

-       Ah, yeah that song. I wrote and produced it. I'm glad you liked it and I'm the first one to rap, I'm surprised you didn't notice ;-;. Me and the boys might stop by later since they liked the cold coffee I gave them yesterday. Have a nice day working too~~^^

 

She sets down her phone and thinks for a while. Right, I forgot, Yoongi has a really deep voice. I didn't think it'd sound different while rapping. With that thought she goes back to working.

She looks at the clock at 2:30 and decides to take her lunch break. She takes off her apron, makes herself a coffee and gets a muffin she packed. She sits on a stool at the counter just in case any customers walk in. She's about to take the first bite of her muffin when six extremely attractive boys enter the shop, making the door’s sensor sound twelve times. She almost drops her muffin when she realizes who they are. She puts the stool back as fast as she can and hides her food in the drawer of the counter. She pulls on her apron just in time to greet them at the cash register.

“Hello, welcome. How may I take your order?”

“Hi, um we'd like six coffees to-go,” a boy with small eyes and blonde, almost white, hair says, “and we'd like to know if you're free in about, oh I don't know,” he looks at the watch on his wrist and looks back up at her to meet her eyes, “an hour, maybe less. We have a friend who's expecting you.” He smiles, making his eyes crinkle. She just nods absently. She types something into the cash register, “that'll be 56 Won please. And tell your friend I need more time.” She smiles up at him. He hands her the cash and she gives him his change, “I get off at four, I won't be ready till six. Please inform him of this. Have a nice day.” She smiles and the group of boys bow in sync and say goodbye. She waves after them when they leave the shop. She sighs when they're out of sight and she picks up her phone. She looks over the last text he sent. He said he might be here but he's nowhere to be found. She decides to text him anyway.

 

-       Hey, um, your friends just dropped by. They said some weird things about going out or something, I didn't quite catch it. Care to explain?

 

She waits ten minutes before her message is received and read. She gets her stuff out of the drawer and starts munching on her muffin with her coffee on the side.

 

- New Message from: Min Suga -

 

-       it's great that you texted me now, I was about to take a nap.

 

A nap? Didn't they just tell me I was going to go out with him.

 

-       A nap? Now? It's almost three in the afternoon.

 

He responds a couple minutes later.

 

- New Message from: Min Suga -

 

-       2 o’clock is the best time but they made a ruckus when they left the house.

-       Oh wow I just noticed what you meant

-       Yeah they just rang the doorbell to get into the building, I guess they did go out to get coffee

-       But what's this going out business, I hate going outside.

-       They're coming up the elevator I'll ask them then

-       Talk to you on a bit

 

How odd, she thinks to herself. She puts it out of her mind and continues eating her food. At about 3:30 she receives a message from Yoongi.

 

- New Message from: Min Suga -

 

-       Hey um, we're going out tonight at seven

 

Haaaah!?” She exclaims loudly from behind the counter, earning annoyed glances from the dwindling clientele. She apologizes and types a reply into her phone.

 

 

-       Excuse me?

 

- New Message from: Min Suga -

 

-       Yeah they just tackled me and measured me and left and came back with a suit and a reservation printed on paper. Do you have anything pretty and please answer yes because if not I don't know what they will do.

 

-       I think I do but

-       What??!!

 

- New Message from: Min Suga -

 

-       Yeah but if you don't want to I get it I'll just cancel the reservation and return the suit, no worries

 

-       No don't worry, I don't mind but it's just weird

-       I'll be ready by six

 

- New Message from: Min Suga -

 

-       Ok I'll pick you up later then

 

-       Sure ok, see you later

 

She slams her head against the counter top and groans from the pain of her terrible mistake. I'll just wait it out another twenty minutes and decide when I get home. Yeah, that’s a great idea.

 

She receives a call at 4 o’clock sharp telling her she's off work. She packs up her stuff and runs towards the bus stop to get home early.

 

At home she shuffles her recently made BTS playlist and starts looking through her limited options of fancy dresses. Her phone rings suddenly and she goes over to it, to find a message from a strange number.

 

-       Yoongi likes the color white, just a tip.

 

She looks at it strangely and copies the number and forwards it to Yoongi.

 

-       Do you know this person?

 

- New Message from: Min Suga -

 

-       Yep, that's Rap Monster’s number

-       Why?

 

-       No reason

 

She looks at her phone once again before deciding to save the number for future reference. She receives another text from a strange number shortly after. She assumes it's another member.

 

-       We bought you some dresses based on what we saw at the coffee shop. They're all white so pick the one you like most. And maybe pair it with a pair of or black heels.

-       Good luck! Fighting!!!

 

What is even happening? Based on what they saw at the coffee shop? What??

She texts the number back.

 

-       Where are these alleged dresses?

 

-       they'll be arriving soon. We asked your boss for your address. It wasn't hard to make him comply. Bye, have a nice date.

 

She just sighs and picks out her best heels. She does her makeup while waiting for the dresses to arrive. She's about to finish her hair when her doorbell rings. “Coming!” She yells as she finishes the last strand of her hair. She opens her door and is met with a surprising sight.

Her sister is carrying a big white box with a light blue bow on it. It has a gif tag on it that reads:

 

From: Park Jimin and BTS (but mainly Jimin)

To: Moon Sung Mi (fighting!!!)

 

Who bought you these?” Her sister says as she sets the box down on the table.

“A erted midget and his minions. Don't worry about it, more importantly, I have a date tonight.”

“I could tell.” Her sister says, flicking a strand of curled hair out of Sung Mi’s face. She looks her up and down. “You seem almost ready, when does he get here?”

“Seven apparently.”

“We have ten minutes left-”

We?”

“I'm going to help you choose a dress.”

“Fine.”

 

They end up choosing the simplest dress, and her sister got to keep the skimpiest, much to her contempt. She paired it with long earrings and wore her hair up, her heels were simple colored pumps and she chose one of her sisters clutches. She sat and waited for about ten minutes before her intercom rang. She looked at the camera screen to see a nervous and very handsome looking Yoongi behind the lobby door. She presses the intercom button and yells, “I'll be down in a minute.”

She bids her sister goodbye as she grabs a coat from the dresser near the door and enters the elevator to go downstairs. She receives another text from Rap Monster’s phone but this time it comes with a picture attached.

It's a selfie of all the members eating out at a restaurant with the caption of “good luck”. She smiles and waits for the elevator door to open.

Here goes nothing.