Ch 4

Where Did You Come From, Moon Sung Mi? (어디에서 왔는지?)

Chapter 4:

 

“Hyung~ it's your turn to get coffee!” Jimin said from his spot on the couch. The members were watching a movie. Yoongi was on the floor trying to sleep.

Ani! It's my nap time. No way I'm going to go out on our day off. Make Jin do it, he hasn't done it in a month-”

Ani, kojimal! Stop lying Min Yoongi, I went yesterday. You need to exercise, you never get sunlight-”

“I bet that's why he has such light skin.” Taehyung says out loud. Hoseok laughs and then keeps watching the movie.

“Sunlight is good for you, you guys.” Jin points out to no one in particular.

“Lesson 6969 from learning about life with Jin. I'll go later.” Yoongi says as he lays his head back down on the floor. He feels something pelt his neck. He looks up and Jimin is standing on the couch, smiling mischiviously. “I want my coffee.”

“Ughhh!” Yoongi groans and gets up, he stretches and then goes to his room to change into something more presentable. Due to the wintery weather he changes into a new hoodie. He looks at himself in the mirror, admiring his hair for this comeback. He chuckles at the thought of changing hair colors so much he can't keep track of them. He gets a SnapBack from coat hanger, his keys to the dorm, and opens the door.

“What type of coffee?”

“Listen to our song,” Jimin says absently watching the movie attentively. Yoongi sighs and leaves the dorm.

 

On his way down he looks through his phone for a good coffee shop around the building to actually get something to eat. He passes by a park speckled with people here and there. The air becomes colder as he walks around the park, making him pull up his hoodie a little to cover his nose. His bright orange hair doesn't help hide the fact that he's an idol but the SnapBack fulfills its purpose. He looks at the address on his phone again and turns left after he finishes walking through the park.

He sees a huge neon coffee cup and guesses that one is the one. He double checks on his phone and goes in after affirming it. There's a lot of people inside even though it wasn't a popular chain. He stands in line and waits for about five minutes when he gets a text.

 

- New Message from: Park Jimin -

 

-       Hyung I'm hungry!! Can you get us some ramen.

-       My quest is for coffee

-       Make your quest a double(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

-       Don’t want to

-       What?( ゚д゚)

        Pleaseee~~~ I love youu~~~ヽ(*・ω・)ノ

-       No

-       Fine Jin said he'll get some. No ramen for you~~ ∩(︶▽︶)∩

-       I don't want any anyway. I want to sleep.

 

He closes his phone scoffing. He checks the line again and sees its almost his turn and stays alert for a couple more minutes.

When he is right behind the last customer the cashier says hello, making the last syllable a little lower than the rest. His ears twitch and he looks at her. She has her eyes closed and is smiling, “May I take your order?” Her voice makes his chest hurt like it used to.

“Umm, s-six coffees please?”

“Are you sure sir, that much caffeine for one person is dangerous.” She smiles again and he finds himself looking for her name tag.

“It's not for me, my friends sent me and could I ask you a question,” he says hoping she opens her eyes. Remember Yoongi, be positive.

“Yes what is it sir.” She opens her eyes and he stares at them. She stares at him as well.

He suddenly takes into account her light brown hair and her fair skin. Her eyes hurt his stomach. They don't look as light as he would've liked them to be.

“Oh sorry, what was your name?”

“Ah, s-sorry sir. My name is Moon Young Mi.”

“Thank you, I couldn't see your name tag. How long will the coffee take and how much is it?”

 

-

 

“Mr. Min Yoongi?” The girl calls. Yoongi stands up and walks towards the counter. He picks up his coffee and smiles at the cashier, “Thank you Young Mi.”

“No problem sir, come again.” She bows and waves, making her eyes small again. He leaves the coffee shop thinking about the similarities to Sung Mi. He sighs and looks at the sky that got dark so fast in the last twenty minutes. He suddenly feels a really strong wind and it blows away his hoodie and almost takes his SnapBack. He grabs it in the air before it can leave and get dirty when he feels something crash into him and push him to the floor. He hears a squeal and he groans from the fall.