Ch 13

Where Did You Come From, Moon Sung Mi? (어디에서 왔는지?)
Moon POV:

Chapter 13:

 

He's not here yet? It's almost 5:20. Maybe he got caught up in something, it does look like he didn't read my message on time, maybe he was busy.

 

Sung Mi starts to walk back to the coffee shop when she hears panting behind her. She turns around with a grin on her face.

“I'm…so…sorry. I…didn't read…it…on time.” Yoongi holds up a hand as he doubles over and catches his breath. Sung Mi giggles, “I was worried you were too busy.”

“Too busy, me? No, I'm never too busy for you.” Sung Mi beams at his comment.

“Do you wanna go eat ice cream? Or maybe you're on a diet? Are you allergic to anything? Maybe you should pick where we go eat-” he extends his hand.

“Ice cream sounds perfect.” He smiles and she smiles back, grabbing his hand.

 

{~}

 

“How's your ice cream, Moon Sami?” Yoongi asks, one eye slightly twitching as he says Sami.

“As good as yours, Min Suga.” She giggles while he scowls. “It's really good, I just hope I didn't ruin your diet Mr. Idol.”

“I already told you, I'm not on a diet, not yet anyway. We can eat as much as you like okay, don't hold back.”

“Does that apply to shopping expenses?” She raises an eyebrow as she finishes her ice cream.

“Depends, did you not bring money on purpose?”  He hears her snort. “I’m not that much of a , or did you forget?”

“I haven’t seen you in almost ten years, I should be allowed to have my doubts.”

“Fine, but I should be allowed to make you not doubtful; if that makes any sense.” She smiles as she gets a spoonful of his ice cream and giggles as he scrambles to stop her.

“Hey, that was mine.” He pouts as she sticks out her tongue at him. She puts the spoon back as she hears a noise behind them.

“Did you hear that?” She says as she turns around but sees nothing.

“Hear what?” Yoongi says as he takes a bite out of her ice cream before she notices. He puts the spoon back just in time but has ice cream on the corner of his lips. She squints at him and takes a menu and hits him over the head with it.

“Ow!” He says Rubin his head, closing one eye, “What’d you do that for?” She turns around and looks to the side as she speaks to him, “It's evil to steal a woman's food Sugar, you should know that.” She points at him and pouts, “Never touch a woman's food.” He chuckles, “fine whatever you say noona.” He says with a smirk that slowly turns into a smile as her face tuns beet red.

“I'm…o-only a month older than you, no need to be so formal, gosh.” She pulls at the collar of her shirt, “is it hot in here or is it just me?” He chuckles at her embarrassment.

“Can I try another one?”

“Another what?” She says, fanning her face with the menu.

“Cheesy pickup line.” He smiles coyly. She clears and turns to meet his eyes.

“Sure, spit.” She gulps down and he covers his mouth to hide his laughter.

“How does it feel?”

“To be on a date with you?” She arches an eyebrow and he coughs to cover up the red in his cheeks. She sticks out her tongue nonchalantly. He clears his throat. “Sorry. What do you mean?”

“How does it feel to be the only star in the sky?” A couple seconds pass by when she finally opens to respond.

“But it's daytime.”

“God dammit your not helping.” He hits his head to the table while she clutches her stomach because of how cute it was.

“You're really bad at flirting, aren't you Sugar?” He looks up at her with a smile when they hear laughs erupt from across the room. His eyes register the laughs in an instant and he sighs, wishing he thought of a place that was a little farther away. She looks at him quizzically, mouthing “do you know them?” He nods and says, “you do too.” A squeal is heard from the table.

“Damn it Jungkook, shush!”

“But hyung-“

“Do you want to blow our cover. We gotta be sneaky.”

Yoongi stands up and heads towards a table with six empty seats, Sung Mi following suit. He gets the table cloth and pulls it back to find his six band mates under the table, whispering.

“Ahem, excuse me young men, but we were trying to have a date.”

“Damn it Jungkook, look what you did!” Jimin yells. Jungkook looks down and blushes, “I'm sorry I ruined your date-“

“It's not your fault kiddo.” Sung Mi says, getting a glare from Yoongi. She brings out the menu, smiling, and Yoongi starts looking back at the boys again. “Sung Mi’s right. It's not just your fault Jungkookie, it's all of your fault. Why are you even here?”

“We wanted to make sure you kissed her this time.”

“Oh Jesus.” “What are they talking about?”

“They think I didn't kiss you at the right time.”

“You didn't!” A female voice screams from the opposite side of the room. They turn around and see a girl with a scarf around her hair, a trench coat, and big sunglasses.

“Young Mi?!”

“No, mi nombre no es Young Mi, usted esta equivocada-“

“Young Mi you know damn well I speak Spanish. What are you doing here?”

“I wanted to see I he would kiss you.”

“You're a terrible liar.”

“I'm not lying.” Young Mi says stomping her feet when an album falls out of her trench coat. She scrambles to pick it up but another one falls out.

“Are those…BTS albums?”

“No! Of course not, why in the world would I like K-Pop, it doesn't suit me at all-“ she says extending her arms and small Polaroids with Jin’s face on them float around her. They all watch them fall to the floor while she looks at her feet. “Isn't she older than you?” Yoongi whispers to Sung Mi.

“She's Jin’s age, it makes sense.” She whispers back.

“Is that me?” Jin says pointing at the pictures on the floor.

“It doesn't make sense though cus she likes younger guys-“ Sung Mi says just as a picture of Namjoon with black hair floats down her sleeve and onto the floor. Sung Mi and Yoongi look at each other and snap their fingers while Jungkook silently nods. “That makes more sense.” Yoongi says.

Sung Mi hits her palm with her fist, “it makes perfect sense.”

Namjoon stares at the picture on the floor as Jin picks all of his up and stacks them neatly. He kneels down and picks it up. “This is a nice picture, do you want me to sign it.” Young Mi closes her eyes and gulps down, “yes please.”

“Here you go.” Jin hands her the pictures and tilts his head to the side, smiling. She makes an indescribable noise and mutters “Thank you.” She bows her head slightly as she receives the pictures and puts them neatly into her purse. She looks up and is met with Jin's smiling eyes, taking note of the noise behind them that is ruining the moment; Sung Mi and Yoongi making theories about her and her love towards the boys. She smiles back at Jin when she is tapped in the shoulder by Namjoon. “Here, I heard your name is Young Mi? I hope I spelled it right.” He says smiling while scratching the back of his neck.

Yah! She's not weird, she's like me.” Sung Mi chided.

“Don't ‘yah’ me, and you are weird!”

“I can yah if I want to, I don't play by this country's rules!” Sung Mi barked at him.

“It isn't a rule, it just isn't lady-like.”

“Haha, that. I'm out.” Sung Mi storms off towards Young Mi and grabs her wrist and pulls her away.

“What's wrong?”

“Men are trash.”

“I've always said that and now you listen, tsk tsk.”

“Oh c’mon Sami, it was a joke.”

“My name…my name is Sung Mi.” She turns around. “I'll see you later Yoongi. And you,” she glares at Jimin, Jungkook, and Taehyung, “I'm not done with you. I'll be back.” She looks at Yoongi and scoffs, “How can they be so disrespectful?” She continues walking but stops because of Young Mi’s whines, waiting as Young Mi exchanges numbers with Jin and Namjoon before storming off again.