Ch 5

Where Did You Come From, Moon Sung Mi? (어디에서 왔는지?)

Chapter 5:

 

“Oh my god, I'm so sorry!” A girl's voice says.

“It's okay, don't worry. Ow!” He looks at his hand and sees its covered in coffee. Even though the coffee was boiling hot he didn't pay attention to it. He was too busy staring at the girl in front of him.

She was freaking out, leaning down to pic up the coffee cup in Yoongi's lap and the rest that were scattered around the street, which oddly weren't open. She picks up the cardboard cup holders and puts the coffees in their place.

She bends her knees and puts them to her chest. She pushes a strand of hair behind her ear and gets near Yoongi's face. He groans as he tries to sit to face her.

“Um, hello.” Her voice lowers an octave in the last syllable just like the girl in the coffee shop. His stomach starts hurting again as he looks at her and he sees she looks a lot like the girl in the coffee shop. If it isn't her I will go back to being a negative person. This time she looks at him with her eyes open and his heart skips a beat. She stares at him first, studying him and he just tries to sound like he isn't a dying dog. He starts hyperventilating and the pain from the coffee settles in. “, ow!” He looks at his hand and it's really red.

“Ah, God I'm so stupid. I'll bring you some ice right away.” She signals for him to wait as she stands up to enter the coffee shop. He stares after her slim body, her light brown hair now shorter but curled at the ends, her heels making her legs look longer and her hoodie making her look younger than she really is. He takes out his phone and sighs as he scrolls through Jimin’s whiny texts. He texts Jin.

 

-       I hate you so much

- New Message from: Princess Jin -

-       Whyyy~
      (;へ:)

-       I found her

-       Whatttt

-       I

        Found

        Her

-       Like sung mi, moon sung mi?

-       Yes who else

-       I told you it was better to be positive

-       But I'm still not sure if it's her

-       Thennn why did you get me all excited~~ so mean

-       Goddammit Jin stop texting like a girl

-       I can't we’re watching a drama because the movie made us cry ಥ⌣ಥ

-       Ah whatever I'll ask her later

-       Ok bye Yoongi

 

He puts his phone away in his hoodies pocket and sighs. He gets up and groans again. Even though she's skinny she weighs a lot. He brushes himself off and stands up, stretching his back when the door to the coffee shop bursts open. The girl runs towards him with bandages, a coffee, and some ice, “no, wait let me help you!”

“I'm fine there's no need, I just need to buy another coffee-”

“Here I paid for it. And let me help you with your burn please, it's the least I can do.” She looks up at him pleadingly. He thinks it's a weird look to be coming from her but he complies anyway. “Sure, whatever…”

She smiles and makes him sit back down on a bench this time. She tends to his burn in silence while Yoongi fixes his hat. He looks at his phone and checks the time. It's getting late,he thinks to himself as he looks over to her.

He clears his throat, “Excuse me, but I want to know the name of my assaulter to make a report to the police,” he says sarcastically. She giggles, “it's none of your concern Min Yoongi.” Is it her?

“How do you-”

“It was on the paper cups.” She holds up a coffee, smiling. He sighs as she goes back to work.

“Well, it's not fair if you know my name and I don't know yours.”

“Well, I don't want to get reported.” She says matter-a-factly.

“Touché. I'll be taking my leave now then.” He says when he sees she's finished. She looks up at him and smiles. His heart starts to race again. He stands up and so does she; he notices that even with her heels she's still shorter than him. Her eyes sparkle as she gives him his coffee back, making her hand graze against his in the exchange. Her hand has the same warmth he felt in eighth grade. He smiles back, “I'll come back to complain to the manager.”

“Oh please don't, I really like working there!” She whines.

Bingo!

“I could've suffered a painful injury, you weigh a lot you know.”

“Wah, so mean! I'm not fat.” She pouts, stomping her foot on the ground and looking up at him.

“I didn't say that.” He smirks and adjusts his hoodie. He takes in her clothes; her hoodie that rivaled his in plainness, her shorts with her stockings even though it was freezing, her scarf that looked really soft, and her huge heels that looked extremely dangerous. He bows to her and so does she. She smiles and waves just like the girl in the shop.

He starts walking down the sidewalk towards the park again when she calls out, “Yah, don't forget I'm older than you Sugar! You can't threaten me like that again, got it!” He turns back and sees she has her hands on her hips and is making a scary face. He laughs, “Sung Mi-ah~ don't make that face, it makes you uglier than you already are.” He sprints away but here's a loud “Yah!” In the distance. He laughs to himself and hurries home.

He reaches a cherry blossom in the park and leans against it. He breathes hard, trying to catch his breath. He stands there for a while, a bright smile on his face the whole time, his heart still pounding hard against his chest. “Ahhhhh!” He yells with all his might and laughs to himself. He grabs his phone and sees some missed calls from Jimin. He puts it away and walks a little faster to get home before the coffee freezes.

 

{~}

 

“Yah, you were supposed to be home an hour ago, what happened?” Jimin says as he opens the door.

“First of all don't yah me. Second of all see this,” he holds up his burnt hand, “some random chick bumped into me and I dropped your coffee and it spilled all over my hand. She bought a new one and fixed my hand. Now do you still think it's okay to scream at me?”

“No, I'm sorry. I'll heat up our coffee.” Jimin takes all six coffees at once and goes to the kitchen. Yoongi sits down on the couch with a groan, looking at the ceiling, ready to nod off when Jin moves him a little. Yoongi opens one eye and glares at him, “what do you want?”

“We heard from Seokjin here that you met your first love at the coffee shop. Is that why you took so long?” Namjoon wiggles his eyebrows and smirks at Yoongi. Yoongi glares daggers at Jin and groans. “I'll talk about it tomorrow. I wanna nap right now…”

“Oh come on, tell us!” J-Hope whines.

“Stop, he's tired. He hasn't had a proper nap today.” Jin says. Yoongi eyes him warily and decides to just drift off to sleep.