Ch 6

Where Did You Come From, Moon Sung Mi? (어디에서 왔는지?)

Chapter 6:

 

He dreams he goes to the coffee shop again to get himself some coffee even though he doesn't like coffee. When he gets there he sits down in a booth and waits until someone takes his order and when someone does, it's none other than Sung Mi. He smiles at her but she just looks at him, expressionless. “Hi Sung Mi~,” he says trying to get her attention. She just nods and walks away. He stands up and starts to follow her but the room gets longer and she's so far away. Every time he feels he's close to her, she gets farther away.

She turns around and faces him with her eyes closed. He stands there panting, waiting for her to say something.

 

“Yesterday was a mistake.” She says, her voice reverberating through the room. He breathes hard, feeling like he's suffocating, “What? Sung Mi wait-”

She opens her eyes and they don't look as beautiful as they should; they look plain, out of place, like they belong to someone else. She smiles a sad smile and he falls through a hole in the floor, trying as hard as he can to get her attention but at the last second, she turns away and disappears, just like he does in the darkness.

 

He feels like he hits the ground hard and he bolts awake, panting. He looks around and he sees he's in his own room. He breathes hard, feeling his mouth tastes like iron. He stands up, stretches his arms, looks at the time, finding it to be 2 A.M. He sighs to himself and takes out some clothes from the closet and heads to the bathroom.

He takes a quick shower to not wake up the other members, combs his hair over his forehead, puts on a simple shirt, a simple jacket with a scarf, some black jeans, and his favorite timberlands. He heads to his room again and makes sure to be as quiet as possible when he searches for his favorite beanie. He finds it, heads towards the door and leaves.

He decides to walk to the park again, walk through all of it and see what it has to offer.

He walks through a long path with arches of differing trees, always the same tree as the opposite side. He reaches the sidewalk that leads to the coffee shop and sits down on a nearby bench. I can see everything from this very spot. He looks over the park and watches as the sun starts to rise behind the buildings surrounding the park, leaning back and resting both arms on the back of the bench, he feels another strong wind and holds onto his beanie for dear life. When the wind stops he takes out his phone and looks at his reflection, fixing his hair slightly, even though no one could see him. He puts it away and buries himself in his jacket, closing his eyes, preparing to sleep, when he feels the bench creak. He opens both eyes sleepily and looks to his left. A girl was sitting next to him, looking down at something in her lap.

“Hi,” the girl says.

“Hey,” he says.