Ch 10

Where Did You Come From, Moon Sung Mi? (어디에서 왔는지?)

Chapter 10:

 

“Hey Yoongi, wait up!” Sung Mi yells after waving goodbye to the fans after giving them all their food. She catches up to him and bends down to catch her breath, “Hey take it easy, I’m in heels, you know-”

“Why didn’t you tell me?” He says, his back facing her. She looks up, her eys squinting, “What-” He turns around and his eyes look red, his nose is pink and his ears are burning up, “Why didn’t you tell me you had a boyfriend?”

“Hah? You’re upset about that. So sensitive.” She breathes a little harder and he starts walking away. “Yoongi, c’mon, it was a white lie.” He stops in his tracks.

“I have your attention now don’t I.” He turns around and looks at her, slowly heading towards her as she rambles on, “I don’t want fangirls chasing after, trying to kill me because I went out to eat with their Oppa, I want to feel safe and want the fans to like me.” She scratches the back of her neck and looks off to the side, “Is it so bad I lied, would you actually feel sad if I actually had a boyfriend? Because I think that’s a little weird considering-”

“Considering what?” She turns to look at him and finds him inches from her face, his breath tickling her nose. She feels her ears turn pink and looks elsewhere while she fixes her hair to cover them. “Considering…” She avoids his piercing stare. “Sung Mi, just tell me.” He gets hold of  her arms and looks into her eyes, like he’s begging for the answer he’s looking for. She pushes him off her and looks to the side as she walks away, “I can’t-”

“Sung Mi. Please.” His voice cracks and she looks back at him, when she finds herself with something she hadn’t seen in a while. Yoongi was crying on the street. She leans down to make him look at her. She touches his bright hair but he grabs onto her hand and holds onto it hand like it was his lifeline.

“Yoongi, stop it-” She tries to pry his hand away.

“JUST TELL ME!”  Tears were rolling down his face.

“I LIKED YOU FIRST, OKAY!” She screams, tears streming down her face, as she frees her hand, her voice ringing throughout the narrow street.

 

“What-” He says, his eyes huge with the sudden shock.

“I never got the chance… to tell you.” He starts to stand up, brushing himself off, grabbing her hand and realizing she doesn’t pull it back,” I was going to confess to you that day. The day when you lent me your pencil and you said you’d give me a tour of the school. I didn’t know I’d leave the school so fast, my parents promised me I’d stay for a year, but there were some sudden change of plans and I-” He holds her face with his hands and wipes a tear away with his thumb. She chuckles. “God, I’m so pathetic. Here you are being all nice and the only thing that comes to my mind is if your hand is clean.”

He chuckles, “It’s not like it’d change anything. You’d still look beautiful.” She looks away from his gaze and he moves her face to face him. “Stop doing that. I liked you too, I couldn’t tell you either.” She chuckles, “But you already knew that, didn’t you.” He wipes another tear away. She looks up at him and he smiles, “Your eyes are dangerous.”

“Why?” She asks smiling.

“I thought I would die before I could see them again.”