e i g h t

Silent Love

 

 

 

Another awkward yet comfortable walk with Oh Sehun? Of course it was happening. The two were being quiet all the way from the class to the subway station and no one had said anything. It was just them walking next to each other to the subway station and that was all. The silence however bothered Hayoung; she wanted to talk to him but didn't know what she should talk about. Talk about the weather? Not a good idea. About books? She didn't want him to think she was a boring nerdy girl. What else was there to talk about then?

"So why are you going home by train today?" After finding a good subject to talk about, she finally asked, breaking the silence between them.

"I'm always going home by train," he looked at her as he answered that. His parents never came picking him up after school and that was normal. He wasn't a kid anymore; he could go home by himself. But sometimes when his brother was home, he would pick him up at school. But then, it depended on his brother's mood.

"Ohh," formed an 'O' shape. Her cheeks were burning red because of feeling a bit embarrassed. Maybe she should change the question to something like 'are you always taking train?' or maybe she shouldn't ask him question at all so that she didn't embarrass herself just like now.

"So are you always going home with Kai?" He asked, turning his face on her.

"Because we live in the same neighborhood, so yes," she answered him. Something then clicked on her mind, "how did you know about this?" She asked, curious.

He smiled, caught her off guard. It was the first time she saw him smiling ever since she was here and it was already two weeks. He was smiling and that smile was for her, only her. The smile looked so beautiful. She never imagined this would happen; the cold Oh Sehun smiled for her.

"Kai told me," he stopped for a while, "he asked me to go home with you. He sure worries about you," he continued, with the smile still on the handsome face.

Hayoung yet again replied him with 'Oh'. No wonder he waited for her; it was all because of Kai asked him. Thanks to his explanation, she misunderstood his intention no more. Yes, call her delusional but she really thought Sehun waited for her, not because of Kai asked him to, but just because he wanted to. She didn't know why she thought that way when it was already clear Sehun already got a girlfriend.

The atmosphere back to the normal one; the quiet and it wasn't comfortable at all for Hayoung. The waiting suddenly felt so long; she never knew waiting for a train could be this long. Can someone come and save her from this uncomfortable silence, she thought to herself, praying that someone she knew would come and greet her here.

God heard her prayer.

"Exchange student!"

A loud voice called the name and she knew right away, he was calling her. She turned to the direction where the voice came from, to see three guys were walking towards her; they were the guys who she interviewed just now. She hi-ed them back with a smile before the guys came approaching her.

"Are you going back home now?" One of the guys asked her. She didn't remember his name.

The other two, of course she remembered them; they left her a strong impression. The orange haired guy named Taehyung. He was the one who faked a call saying his mom already there. Plus, his orange hair stood out more than everyone else. How was that not leaving an impression on her? The other one was Hyuk, as what he introduced himself to her. She didn't know either it was him or his friend who actually left a strong impression. His friend was a total sweetheart when they talked in the room before, and Hyuk himself was friendly too. But, his friend appeared more interesting than Hyuk. She admitted it that she liked talking to his friend.

"Kind of," she answered to his question.

"Take care, then. The interview just now was fun," Taehyung claimed and she just nodded to his confession.

She was glad that they had fun but for her, it was like taking care of naughty children who didn't even listen to their parents. The almost one hour interview felt like forever to her and she swore to herself, if they still had project to do, those guys wouldn't be on the list.

The three guys left but thanks to God, not even a minute after they leaving, a train arrived. They both went to door and waited for some passengers getting out from the train. By the time she wanted to enter the train, the door almost closed but to her luck, she managed to get into it.

The door closed when she managed to get her two feet in the train. Sehun was already heading towards an empty seat and she was planning to follow him, but not until when she felt like something was pulling her skirt as she took her first step. Something wasn't right, she thought to herself. She stopped walking before looking at her back just to realize her skirt was stuck between the doors.

"God," she was panicking alone. What should she do? There was nothing to do except just standing there like an idiot until the train stopped at the next station. People might think she was weird because it was clear that there were a few empty seats yet she chose to stand, right in front of the door. Well, not that she minded their thought anyway.

Sehun probably noticed her absence behind him because later he turned to his back, and saw her still standing in front of the door like a statue. Her face showing an expression that something was not right, so he made his way back to her.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

Hayoung lift up her face, looking at him with an unbelief look before looking down again; his voice sounded so cold to her. She silently grunted. Is he bipolar or what? She thought to herself. He was just fine before, even smiling and now he was back to his normal cold self? Wow! She found it amusing that his mood could change in a blink.

"My skirt," she answered with a low voice, enough for Sehun alone to hear it.

"Careless," and that was all his reply.

Hayoung was expecting Sehun to leave her dealing with the embarrassment alone but what he did later was something she never expected. He walked closer to her, like the distance between them was only a few centimeters away before putting his hand on the door. Now it looked like a couple showing the affection to each other in a public. She preferred to be leaving alone rather than the latter.

"Let stay like this until the next station. It's better like this," he said, with a slow voice as well.

She looked up at his face and suddenly she felt a sense of guilty. His face was red and she knew he was just as embarrassed as she was right now. If only she had been a little bit careful, then this wouldn't happen.

Being in his 'embrace', she could smell his cologne. He smelled so good and it was comfortable to be like that that she wished the next stop wasn't coming so fast. Her face turned red when she realized all the thought she had on her mind. She silently let out a sigh. Oh Sehun, you do not do this to a girl who has a slight interest in you, she mentally grunted.

The next station came faster than she thought. When the door opened, she quickly moved, together with Sehun and they went to another coach; both of them didn't wanna face people in that coach who might be judging them. The two coach away from the coach before seemed so empty so they stopped there and went to the empty seats.

"Thanks," she thanked him sincerely just to have him nodded halfheartedly.

Hayoung nodded. She didn't expect any answer from him. Really, she didn't. She might be expecting a 'welcome' or such if he didn't coldly ask her before, but he did and that meant his cold self was back so there was nothing to expect.

After about three minutes, the train stopped at another station and they both get off from the train.

"You go first, I have someone to meet," Hayoung told Sehun as she stopped walking and turned towards him who was walking behind her.

"Sure, just take care of yourself," he said.

Hayoung was stunned. Was that he being caring just now? Asking her to take of herself? Or he was being sarcastic? He sure hard for Hayoung to understand and at this moment, she really decided that he was a total bipolar.

"Yea, sure."

As soon as Hayoung replied him, he walked away from her, leaving her far behind him. As for Hayoung, as soon as Sehun disappeared from her sight, she could finally breathe normally again, she could catch her breath again. After ten minutes sitting on the bench at the station alone, she then made her way back to her home.

She didn't have anyone to meet, but she just couldn't walk with Sehun anymore. It was enough with spending time with him on the train and it was so suffocating for her, yet comfortable at the same time. She didn't know what kind of effect he had on her, but one thing for sure, he did, from the first time she landed her eyes on him.

For a moment, she forgot the fact that Oh Sehun was Son Naeun's boyfriend.

 


[081715] So, I said I’ll update this story when my semester break started right? Yass, I’m sorry for that. I spent my semester break with my high school friends going here and there, and suddenly, the new semester started already. So, here is Seyoung for you guys. I’m sorry it’s short and worse than before, but I’ll try to do better in the next chapter. 

btw, if you guys a fan of manga, you probably know where the scene in the train came from. I borrow it from the manga. But wait, I forgot what manga it is, but its a one shot manga. I read this manga a long time ago. Maybe from Konno Risa or Chiba Kozue or Nanajima Kana(do i get her name right?) or Shiba Nana and I'm sure it's not from Washio Mie. lol.