s e v e n

Silent Love

 

 

 

Hayoung was sitting cross-legged on her bed and all the flashback played in her mind; that one evening when she wanted some fresh air and wanted to be alone so she went to the park near her house. And that was when she accidentally bumped onto a guy and her coffee spilled on the guy's shirt. The thing couldn’t be any worse than knowing that guy was actually her anti-social classmate who happened to be someone she liked.

Someone she liked? She shook her head; please erase that. She knew she didn't really like him; it was his weird personality that made her interested in knowing him; she constantly reminded herself about this, didn't want herself to cross the line. Sehun was her friend's boyfriend and there was no way she would like her friend's boyfriend. That was just absurd. How could a friend actually cheat with her friend's guy? Because she found that it was disgusting.

From sitting cross legged, she went to lying on the comfy bed while starring at nothing but the thin air. Her mind went back to the walk with Sehun just now. She couldn’t deny that it was the most awkward walk she ever had yet it was still comfortable. She wanted to feel the awkward yet comfortable feel yet again. Without she realized, her lips twitched up, forming a smile.

 


 



 

 

Naeun walked into her class with a smile on her pretty face. The class was like usual, always the clamorous one, with the girls were gossiping for twenty-four-seven, didn't they get tired? And the boys who were talking about games, girl group, boxing and whatnot. They really couldn’t stop talking for a minute. But then again, she was also like that when she was around her friends so she couldn’t say much about them.

Realizing Hayoung wasn't at her seat and Sehun also wasn't in the class, after she put her bag she then made her way to Namjoo's class; that was the only place where Hayoung would go as Kai was in the class too. Kai, there was something about that guy that made her wanted to know him. Probably something that even Sehun didn't have it. He was friendly and talked a lot, and he had that charm which made all the girls fell for him when what he did was only smiling. He could be standing still like a statue and girls would still head over heels for him; he was that kind of guy.

"Morning," Naeun half shouted as the class was clamorous as her class. That was normal in the school; she knew everyone had their own story to be told when they met their friends, because she was like that too. She was no different from them to be honest.

"Hayoung, I already told that guys we will interview them after school," she told Hayoung who was talking to Namjoo. She went meeting Jaebum first right after she arrived at the school this morning, asking him if she could interview him and his friends for their project. That was the only things she could do as she wasn't that interested in the title, making her uninterested in the project as well. At least, it didn't look like she abandoned her work and let Hayoung did all the works.

"Do I interview them alone?" There was a hint of worry in Hayoung's voice as she didn't know a single person that Naeun mentioned to her that day. She remembered the names Naeun mentioned, but she didn't bother to know who was who, feeling like it wasn't that important.

"Of course no. We're doing it together," Naeun replied to her wariness. If she let Hayoung doing this alone, that looked like she really left Hayoung with all her works. She wasn't that irresponsible even though she was lazy to do this damn project.

"Okay, then."

 

 

-

 

 

The bell rang at two sharp and the school finally ended. Within a minute, the class that once was quiet turned into a usual vociferous one; the students were ready to go back as they didn't have any extracurricular activities for today. Naeun and Hayoung was still at their seat, writing something on a blank, white paper; which later would be the questions they would ask the guys.

After ten minutes of creating the questions, they finally finished it. It was just simple questions but even to them, it took a long time to answer this question; both of them couldn't think about what was the right answer. But then, they realized it wasn't about the right answer, it was about everyone's opinion. There was no right answer.

Done with that, Naeun and Hayoung headed to the music room as that was the place Jaebum told her. She actually wanted to meet them at the art room but rejected by Jaebum, reasoning that the room would be filled with 'gossip girls' after class. That was the truth.

The art room was used by mostly girl and when there were no extracurricular activities after school, some art students would actually come here just to have gossip. It was something weird but had become the normality at the school.

When they entered the room, two male students, who Naeun recognized as Hyuk and Hongbin were already there and were talking to each other. These guys were from some of the famous cliques in the school and she had never talked to them, not even once. Taking an advantage by using this project as a reason, Naeun asked Jaebum to ask these two along with him and his friends. She wanted to know their real self because rumor said that they were some scary people and people shouldn't approach them, but to Naeun they didn't look like ones.

"Uhm, hello," Naeun approached them with a smile, followed by Hayoung behind her. "Just in case you don't know my name yet, I'm Son Naeun," she introduced herself to the boys. She had learnt from her teacher that people should introduce themselves first to the people that they hadn't formally met before asking them questions. It was what people called mannerisms.

"I know you," the guy with a tie replied her while smiling. It would be a lie if he said he didn't know her; it was either she realized it or not but she was so popular in the school. There was no way students in the school didn't know her. It was that simple. However, the girl who was standing next beside her seemed so unfamiliar to him. He had never seen her before.

"Don't want to introduce yourself?" The same guy asked, pointing at Hayoung.

"You can't be more straight forward, right Hongbin?" His friend only laughed looking at him, but at the same time was amused with what he saw. Hongbin was kind of shy in front of people that he just met, but somehow today, he wasn't. That was new to him who has been friend with the guy named Hongbin for almost four years.

"Oh sure," Hayoung nodded. "I'm Oh Hayoung and as you see, I'm the exchange student from Shin Hee High," she smiled. She was sure it was obvious that she wasn't from this school just by looking at her uniform; it was different from others.

"So you're that exchange student? Wow, this is cool. I should notice it from the start," the guy claimed. "I'm Hongbin by the way. Lee Hongbin," he gave her the sweetest smile ever.

Those four continued talking to each other while waiting for Jaebum and his friends to be here. It took about twenty minutes later that they finally came. Naeun heaved a sigh of relief as she thought Jaebum and his friends would never come, breaking his own promise. Twenty minutes was a pretty long time to wait for them, and she had this thought on her mind that if the clock strike at 2.30 and Jaebum and his friends weren't here yet, she would only interview these two. She could have texting him if she had his number, but that was the problem; she didn't have his number. It was indeed they were friends, but not to the extend they exchanged their number yet.

"I'm sorry, only me and Mark can come but I bring along these kids," Jaebum pointed at Jimin and Taehyung. Yes, that also were the guys that Naeun asked him to bring along with him. Don't get her wrong; it was because those two were the mischievous and playful type so she expected their answer to be a bit different from the serious type one. They needed variety of answers, if not the video would be just plain boring.

"It's okay. Let's start this interview right now. Who will be the first?" Naeun looked at them but there was no answer.

"I'm sorry," Hayoung apologized after she noticed they hadn't gotten any question yet. "So this is the question and you can think for like five minutes and we will start record your answer after that. There are sample of answers also," she passed the question to everyone in the room. It was only three questions and she knew five minutes was enough for them unless they went so deep about the answer.

"Are you recording us individually?" The guy with orange hair asked. There was a hint of disapproval in his tone, which both Naeun and Hayoung noticed it and knew it right away that this guy didn't like the idea.

"It's better like that, but you don't have to if you don't want it," Hayoung explained to them.

"I'll do it with Jimin," the guy earlier replied, making his friend, who the named was Jimin grunted. To Naeun and Hayoung, it seemed like Jimin didn't want to do it with the guy.

Five minutes passed and everyone was still memorizing their answers since the girls didn't let them to bring the paper with them; they wanted it to look as professional as it could be. Both of them were sure other students would do something interesting than theirs, but they couldn't think any except this. At least, their work should look a bit professional.

"I'm ready now," Jaebum raised his hand in the air, calling for both Naeun and Hayoung.

The girls then asked Jaebum to come out from the music room as they would record him outside the room. As Jaebum wanted a reason why it should be done outside the room, Hayoung explained to him that they wanted this video to look spontaneous as possible, not scripted like this. Interviewing him outside the room, they could just pretend that Jaebum was a student who passed by them and they stopped and questions him on the spot.

Listening to Hayoung explanation, Jaebum finally agreed, but one of them must stay inside the room, making the girls to question why.

"It's because one of them will run away," he replied to their curiosity.

"No way, Jaebum. That's just so immature of them," Naeun said in all honesty.

"Well, if you said so," Jaebum shrugged.

The recording went well, except for Jaebum who wanted it to be recorded again as he didn't satisfy with the outcome, saying he hated looking at him in the video. At the end, they ended up recording another video of Jaebum. It was going on smoothly, but later it was interrupted by someone who casually walking out from the music room, while talking to someone on the phone.

"Eomma, you're here?"

Naeun frowned, before quickly called him before he could go any further. The guy stopped talking to the person on the line and turned to her with 'what?' expression.

"My mum already here, I need to go back now," he told her in a serious expression.

The girls turned to Jaebum, and knowing what did the face expression mean, Jaebum just shook his head. He had known this would happen and that was why he told the girls that one of them should be in the room with them; they were unexpected and hard to deal with.

"I said so."

"Taehyung, you're not going anywhere!" Naeun half shouted at him but his reply was a smile.

Hayoung finally gave in about staying outside with Jaebum and Naeun, and went inside the room, together with Taehyung. This was going to be a long hour finishing the interview with the idiots like them. She sat at the corner alone and watching closely what everyone was doing. No one was gonna get out from this room until the interview was finished.

Three minutes later, Naeun and Jaebum came inside the room and Naeun quickly picked Taehyung whom would be the next, afraid that Taehyung would run away again. He however promised that he would never run again and would do it with Jimin later, for real. The room became quiet as no one wanted to be the next, making Naeun grunted.

"Guys, we want to end this early. We still have a lot to do," Naeun complained. Later, her eyes caught a glimpse on Jaebum's friend who was quiet. Believed this, he hadn't talked a single word yet since he came here with Jaebum, when everyone was complaining this and that.

"Why you look so annoyed? Are we that annoying?" She looked straight at the guy. His face was expression really looked like he was annoyed, though.

"Oookay," Hayoung quickly turned to Naeun before shifted her eyes looking at the guy. Naeun was so blunt, and this was not going to be good. She thought that Naeun should contain everything and then ranted about everything after the interview was finished.

"It's not like you don't know Mark," Jaebum said impassively even though Mark was just right beside him.

After about forty-five minutes, the interview finally ended and both the girls heaved a huge sigh of relief. It was so chaotic and so loud in here for the past forty-five minutes. Hyuk, Jimin and Taehyung were arguing who needed to be first and who would be the last but ended up three of them doing it together. Mark and Hongbin did it alone but right after the interview finished, Mark quickly went out from the room, making Naeun to make a face at him out of annoyance. However, one thing that they couldn't deny was Mark's answers were the best out of six. That was something that they actually should expect.

Done thanking them, the girls headed back to their class. It was a tiring day for them; the one hour in the music room seemed so long that made them wondered when they would finish it. They just couldn’t handle all those hyped and mischievous kids. Naeun was in regret that she actually was the one who asked Jaebum to bring along those kids.

"You're still here?" Naeun asked when her eyes caught on Sehun who was still in the class, doing nothing but playing with his phone.

Sehun looked at the girls before he nodded to Naeun's question.

"Why?"

"You ask too much," Sehun replied before plugging in his earphone and drifted to his own world, totally ignoring the presence of the girls.

Hayoung shook her head; she was still wondering how these two could be a couple? It was indeed Sehun was closed with Naeun but looked at what happened right now, they didn't look like one. Come to her sense, she thought maybe it was just feeling. Who knew if Sehun was really sweet with Naeun, he however didn't show it in front of people? That thing could happen too.

"Whatever, Oh Sehun. Hayoung, I'm going first. Mum's already here," Naeun claimed while packing her things and then made her way out from the class, leaving those two alone in the awkward atmosphere.

"Sehun," Hayoung went to Sehun, knowing that he couldn't hear her with the earphones plugged in his ears. "I'm sorry about coffee thingy," she finally said it even though she already apologized to him that day. But since Sehun kind of reminded her again about that, and now she knew Sehun was the guy, she felt like she needed to apologize again.

"Did you just say something?" Sehun turned to her.

Hayoung sighed. "I'm sorry about coffee thingy," she repeated the same thing again, only to have a nod from Sehun as reply.

She went back to her seat, packing her things and ready to go back. Unlike Naeun who her mum came to fetch her, Hayoung went back home alone. Her mum was kind of busy, so did her father. Usually, she went home with Kai, but since she was late today, she asked Kai to go first and she would take the subway.

"Are you going home?" Sehun asked her when she walked towards the door. It shocked her to be honest when he asked that since he didn't even reply to her apologize but suddenly questioned her if she was going home now.

Hayoung stopped walking and turned to him; give him a nod before asking him why. She looked around her table to see if she left something on the table; that too, could be a reason why he asked that question but her table was clean, there was nothing on her table.

"Let's go together," he said.

Hayoung looked at him with an unexplained expression; she didn't know either she should be happy or not about that but one thing for sure, she knew this gonna be another awkward yet comfortable walk with him.

 

 

 


[050515] Heyyyy my lovelies, I'm updating this story *yeayyyy!!!* lol. because it's my study week and I'm not feeling like studying today, so I wrote this chapter. Sorry if a bit boring because there are not much interaction between Sehun and Hayoung but I hope you guys enjoy it nevertheless *peace*