f o u r

Silent Love

 

 

 

The lunch break almost over, and there were Naeun and Hayoung walking towards their class. They just finished with their lunch. During the lunch, Hayoung was introduced to Naeun's friends, turned out Chanyeol was one of them. So did that Oh Sehun, and that explained why they looked so close in Hayoung's eyes. 


 

"Hayoung!" A familiar voice called her name, interrupting her conversation with Naeun.

She held her head up, and looked at guy who called her. Later, her lips curved, forming a smile upon her eyes caught the guy's figure. She quickened her pace, walking toward the guy.

"Hey, Chanyeol," she greeted him.

"Oh, you know him?" Naeun asked out of curiosity. Looking at how they greeted each other, she knew they must know each other so well. If not, there was no way this friendly greeting could happen.

"Yeah, we in the same class at the tuition," Chanyeol answered on Hayoung's behalf.

"I see. Where are the others by the way?" Naeun asked when she didn't see anyone else with Chanyeol. Usually, there were always two persons walked with him to the cafeteria, but today he was alone. Unlike her, she would always walk alone to the cafeteria even though Sehun was in the same class as her, and they were going to sit on the same table too.

"Kris and Namjoo are already at the cafe, together with Kai," Chanyeol explained.

"Kai? Who's Kai? I don't remember anyone named Kai," Naeun frowned, trying to remember if there was anyone named Kai. But it didn't ring a bell at all.

"He's my friend. From my school," Hayoung replied shortly.
 

 

 

The cafeteria was so calm and it looked a bit empty to compare with her school. The three made their way to their usual table. The table was like theirs, like there was no one who ever sat at the table after Chanyeol and her friends sat at it for the first time. Chanyeol pulled out a chair in front of Kris, Naeun sat in front of Kai, and Hayoung took a seat beside Kai; which was in front of Namjoo.

Chanyeol introduced the rest of them to Hayoung as Kai was in the same class as the two. So, he basically already knew them. To her surprise, Kris was actually a nice guy despite of looking cold. Her first impression on him when she entered the cafeteria was, he was just like that Oh Sehun guy. But that thought disappeared when he talked to her. He was way friendly than Oh Sehun.

Talking about Oh Sehun, just after fifteen minutes they were there, Sehun was finally at the cafeteria. Without realized, Hayoung eyed him until he was at the table and took a seat beside her. She looked at him with a surprised look; she had never imagined he would sit there. Trying to calm her adrenaline, she then joined the group's conversation.

"You're so late, Sehun," Kris turned his face on Sehun.

"Why are you so late?" Namjoo asked him.

"I have something to be settled," he answered shortly before stuffing his lunch into his mouth.

"Problem again?" Naeun suddenly asked him.

"Again? Did I ever create problems?" He raised his eyebrow at Naeun.

"Who knows," Naeun shrugged.

Hayoung just watching Naeun, Namjoo and Sehun squabbled with each other. Looking at how closed Sehun and Naeun were, she must admit that she felt a slight of jealousy even though she knew it that it was too early to say she liked Sehun. But, there was the feeling inside her.

"Oh yea, you haven't known her name yet, right?" Naeun continued after about a minute they both stopped talking to each other.

"Not interested."

"Here he goes again. Stop with your cold attitude," Namjoo put down her chopsticks, looking straight at him.

"You guys are so noisy. Why did I even stick with you guys?"

"You're late, so that's why. We don't save spot for the late people," Naeun impassively replied him even though he didn't want an answer for his question before.

 

 

 

And that was how her lunch with them went on. Kris and Namjoo surprisingly were friendly and she easily became comfortable with them. Thanks to Naeun and Chanyeol, her life in this school would be interesting. She knew it. Having those as friends, of course it would be interesting. She could guarantee that.

However, there was something that bothered her.

They both entered their class and went straight to their seat. Hayoung however had something to ask Naeun. Something that had been bothering her since the lunch break just now. She had an urge to know that. She knew this wasn't herself, acting like this over a small matter which she never concerned before.

Or maybe because it was related to Sehun, so that was why she was concerned.

"Naeun, I have something to ask you," she started. Her face looked a bit serious making Naeun wondered what it was about.

"Sure, anything," she smiled as she replied.

"Is Sehun that quiet?"

Naeun let out a small laugh upon hearing that question. She honestly expected this kind of question because that was the first question people would ask her and her friends every time they saw Sehun. Was it weird to be that quiet? Naeun thought to herself. But it seemed to be a bit weird to be honest, because all of his friends, including her were very loud, and there was him who was so extroverted.

"Yes, he is. I think he definitely has problems, but I don’t know what her problems are," she answered as she chuckled, but there was a hint of annoyed feeling in her tone. "Because you know sometimes when he picks fights with me, he can be so annoying. I think there is this on-off switch in him," she continued.

Now, it was Hayoung's turn to chuckle. Naeun's answer seemed so funny to her. It sounded like Naeun really annoyed with his attitude.

"How long have you knowing him?" Hayoung asked. Naeun and Sehun looked so close to each other, and with Sehun attitude, she thought they might be friends since childhood.

"Since I entered this school. Wait, not really," she stopped talking for a while, thinking about how long she had been known him. It wasn't the first day she entered the school, not the first month either. "Like after three months I'm here?" she shrugged. However, she was sure that she became close with Sehun and his friends around that time. "And Sehun is already that cold when I met him. I bet that is his natural attitude. But honestly, he sometimes can be loud and annoying too. He's so fake!" She remarked.

And Hayoung yet again laughed but something still was on her mind. The way Naeun talked about Sehun looked like she really was annoyed with him, but the way they acted around each other was the opposite of that. They fought but not because of hatred.

"Why are you asking these questions though? Are you interested in him?" Naeun gave her an I-got-ya kind of smile.

Hayoung quickly shook her head. "No. It just I've never seen anyone like him before. There is none like him in Shin Hee," she reasoned. Yes, that was why; she convinced herself that that was the reason why she was curious about him, not because she was interested in him.

"Of course you don't like him," a voice from the back suddenly joined their conversation, making the two turned to the voice.

"Jihyun, since when you are here? You were listening, right?" Naeun asked. Jihyun was a student in the class; Naeun classmate and her seat just behind Naeun.

"I'm sorry, but next time please whispers to each other," Jihyun replied shortly. At first, she wasn't that interested in listening to their conversation, but somehow she ended up listening to every single thing they were talking about. It concerned Sehun; of course she would love to eavesdrop. "And Naeun, I don't know you hate Sehun that much," she continued with a chuckle. "I mean how come you hate your boyfriend that much? But I guess it is normal in relationship."

"Boyfriend?" Hayoung asked in surprised. That one word had answered all the questions on her mind. No wonder they were very close to each other, no wonder Sehun treated Naeun different from other.

"Jihyun," Naeun's voice sounded like begging, wanting Jihyun to stop everything.

"You don't know? Ah, right! You just come here today. But yes, they have been together since last year," she smiled widely.

 

 


[031515] Hi my lovelies, sorry for the super late and mehh update. I've been busy lately. I had a project to be finished and also tests for the last two weeks, so that is why. but hey, I finally updated this. lol. so hope you guys enjoy this mehh chapter XD And sorry if there is any typos.