f i f t e e n

Silent Love

 

 

 

Oh Hayoung eyed Naeun who was humming happily as she entered the class. She looked different today - like her face was glowing and all, like something good happened to her last night. She didn't say anything to Naeun until the latter settled herself down in her seat, still humming with a smile on her face. She was curious to know but before she could ask, Naeun already opened , talking to her.

"I heard you asked Jihyun about Hongbin?" Naeun started.

"It was on last Tuesday. Why you ask me today?" Hayoung asked her back. She got the feeling that Naeun just knew about it, otherwise she would ask her last week.

Naeun drifted her eyes to the empty seat in front of her. He told her over the weekend, asking her some - a lot of nonsense questions. She grasped the situation right away, remembering that she told Hayoung to ask Jihyun if she really wanted to know who the one she liked was. She however, didn't answer Sehun honestly. All she replied was 'who knows? They're close to each other,' resulting in Sehun to let out a groan of frustration.

That also was when she got the answer for the tension happened between those two for the whole week. Of course they barely talked to each other but the atmosphere around those two were not as bad as last week. Hayoung was so oblivious about it and she even spent her break time with Hongbin and his friends for two days. Sehun especially made it obvious that he didn't like she spent her time with them but sadly, he only showed it in front of his friends, not Hayoung.

"What did he say?"

"He thought you like Hongbin, and still think you like Hongbin."

"What?" Hayoung said with a small laughter. She didn't expect Sehun to think that she was interested in Hongbin, but she couldn't blame Sehun either because she knew, lately she had gotten really close with Hongbin and his friends. Came to think of it again, Hayoung wondered why did who the she liked was matter to Sehun?

"I'm not even lying. You really need to do some explanation to him later."

"Wait, why do I need to explain to him?" Hayoung asked Naeun just to have that friend of her chuckling while shaking her head as answer.

Naeun was so amazed - that friend of her was just so stupid for not confessing yet and the one in front of her was just so oblivious about everything. Couldn't Hayoung see that Sehun really liked her? It was obvious to her since for the past few days but Hayoung really couldn't read his body language at all. Everyone but Hayoung probably knew Sehun liked Hayoung, so much.

"Why are you laughing?" Hayoung hit Naeun playfully when she didn't answer her question at all. "What's so funny?" she continued asking Naeun who was still with her chuckle.

"It's you who are funny," Naeun told the truth.

"Forget about me. Now tell me what made you all smiling since early morning?"

Naeun stopped laughing at instant and turned serious. She looked around to see if Jihyun was near them because she definitely didn't want the busybody girl to hear everything she would tell Hayoung. It was such a private matter to her and no, Jihyun definitely couldn't know about it.

She started to tell Hayoung what she had on her mind after confirming that Jihyun was nowhere to be seen in the class. She had told Namjoo about it after she was done with the thinking last night and Namjoo said she should do that before it was too late. She told Hayoung the whole story and Hayoung gave her the same reaction as Namjoo did last night. Naeun was hesitated but she got her two best friends' support so she would just go ahead with her plan.

 

 

-

 

 

 

Naeun walked out from the class right after the bell rang and Hayoung only nodded when Naeun shot her a look. She knew where that friend of her was heading to - that was what they talked about this morning. She said she was going to confess before it was too late. Hayoung envied her; she didn't that much of courage to confess her love for the one she liked.

Hayoung eyes were on Sehun before she got up from her seat and walked away from the class alone. Her only close friend, Naeun already left her, and there was no way she would go to the cafeteria with Sehun. That was just so... ridiculous. As soon as she exited the class, a familiar voice greeted.

"Hayoung-ah," Hakyeon who was Hongbin friend called her. Next to him, was Hongbin.

Hayoung frowned - didn't Naeun went to meet him? Why he was here? She smiled at the two before walking closer to them. Hakyeon and Hongbin greeted her happily as she approaching them. Hongbin eyes roamed around, looking for Naeun as she usually with Hayoung but this time around, Hayoung was alone. Hayoung was about to ask Hongbin if he had met Naeun but Hongbin cut her off by asking where Naeun was.

"You didn't meet her?" Hayoung answered Hongbin with question as well. She was convinced that Hongbin was the guy that friend of her liked but it seemed like she was wrong for the whole time.

"No. She wants to meet me?" Hongbin looked puzzled.

"No. Nevermind," Hayoung chose to drop the topic off of their conversation since she was totally wrong about Naeun liking Hongbin.

"Are you having your lunch with us?" Hakyeon asked her.

Hayoung wanted to say yes but what Naeun told her this morning replayed on her mind - Sehun thinks you like Hongbin - and that made her thinking twice about the lunch. She really didn't want Sehun to misunderstand anything about her being friend with Hongbin so it wouldn't hurt Hongbin if she said no, right?

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

Naeun arrived at the outside of his class. She gathered up her courage before showed up at the door of the class. Her eyes spotted a familiar face and the guy was with his circle of friends, were laughing at a joke his friend made. She barely saw him smiling, let alone laughing so this was such a rare sight that she treasured the most.

"Kai," she called Kai who was still in the class. 

"What?" he asked as he walked closer to Naeun. "You don't eat lunch?" he asked.

"What about you?"

"I'm about to go. Chanyeol and Namjoo just went to the cafe. What are you doing here?" Kai was concerned.

"Well, can you call..."

Before Naeun could finish her words, she was cut by a loud voice calling his name. The girl casually walked into the class and went to the group of the boys were laughing earlier. She greeted everyone there before whispering something to him. Naeun was dumbfounded when the girl planted a kiss on his cheek. Her head could only register one thing - she was late, too late.

"Call who?" Kai's question snapped her out of it.

"Nevermind. Here, for you," Naeun shoved a pretty wrapped box onto Kai's hand before she turned around and walked away from the class, leaving Kai so flabbergasted by what he just witnessed.

Kai looked at Jaebum and his friends who were so loud, they were celebrating Mark's birthday and Kai was positive that Naeun came here because of that. Naeun timing wasn't right but Kai knew it couldn't change the fact that Mark already had a girlfriend and Naeun would still be heartbroken, just like now.

Kai took out his phone and sent a text to Chanyeol, informing him he would have his lunch with Naeun. His eyes and his step followed Naeun. She might look strong but she wasn't - he knew that. The look in her eyes when Mark's girlfriend appeared in front of her eyes made him wanted to comfort her, made him wanted to protect her.

Naeun settled herself down on a bench outside the school building and Kai took a seat next to her. He noticed the glance Naeun shot him but he was totally ignoring it.

"I'm okay," Naeun told him after about seven minutes of silence. She knew Kai was worried about her, hence why he was here. She appreciated that.

"I didn't ask."

"Your expression speaks for you," Naeun answered him.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He wanted a confirmation from her but even if she said she was okay, he knew it was a lie. "What inside this?" he showed the wrapped box given by Naeun earlier. He was really curious.

"A homemade chocolate."

Naeun remembered yesterday - right after class ended she went to grocery shopping, buying all the ingredients and stuffs she needed to make the chocolate. It took her three trials to make it taste perfect. The first trial, it was too sweet. The second time she made it, she put too much cocoas that it became so bitter, even bitter than the usual dark chocolate. The third one, she actually burnt it. She watched a show while waiting for it and when she went to the kitchen again, the chocolate already burnt.

Kai nodded and opened the wrap. The chocolates were neatly arranged in the box. The visual and even the texture looked so delicious. He took one from the box and put it into his mouth.

"It tastes good," Kai gave a sincere compliment. He handed one to Naeun which she gladly took it and eat it.

"Of course. It's me who made it after all," Naeun smiled, which brought relief to him. At least, she was smiling now and it wasn't a forced one.

"Yes, buttercup. That is why it's good," he messed up her hair which made Naeun grunted.

"I'm sorry I don't like sharing my thing and that include that nickname." she uttered just to have a frown on his face. "You call Hayoung buttercup. Find another one for me," she chuckled as she explained that to him.

"You know what, I don't like sharing my things too so make another chocolate special just for me, and I'll come up with a better name than buttercup for you."

Naeun was glad that Kai followed her and he was here with her. He knew how to cheer her up and the fact that Kai didn't even ask about what why she was like this made her more comfortable. Though, Naeun knew he probably already figured out everything but she was just thankful that Kai didn't even bring it up but instead just talk to her like nothing happened.


[060816] hi peeps! i'm finally updating this but it has no seyoung. anyway, we all know kaistal is real but my kaieun feels just >.< idk these two may or may not end up together bc kaistal is a thing and we have to respect that