s i x

Silent Love

 

 

 

“Hayoung.”

A familiar voice called her once the class ended. She held her head up and looked at the door; a tall figure was leaning against the door. It was Kai; he already promised her to meet her after school and here he was. Yes, the ‘after school’ was not as in waiting for her at the gate when the school ended, but waiting in front of the class instead. She asked him to come in first since she still needed to finish some of her homework; she didn’t want to do it at home. Plus, it was only a page so she better finish it now.

Naeun turned her face on Kai who was walking toward Hayoung. She honestly was jealous of these two friendships. They got such an amazing friendship and Kai was so protective over Hayoung. While her friends, they liked to play pranks on each other. Of course they were nice too, but how she wished there would be someone who cared a lot about her, like Kai did to Hayoung. Sehun? That guy was the last person in the list if she had to be honest. But after all, they were her friends who always with her through thick or thin.

“You’re here, Kai,” Naeun greeted him.

Kai replied her with a nod and smile before he went to the seat beside Sehun as the seat was empty. To Hayoung surprise, Kai and Sehun got along so well. Sehun talked a lot with him and he even laughed as well. That was so rare of him to laugh. At least, not in front of Hayoung.

‘So, he knows how to laugh?’ Hayoung thought to herself.

“Kai, we’re going out with you guys after this,” Naeun informed him while walking to her locker which was at the back of the class.

“That sounds nice,” he turned to the back, facing an empty seat that belonged to Naeun but his eyes were on Hayoung.

“We?” Sehun looked at Naeun who was walking towards her seat.

Naeun raised her brow looking at Sehun. Here he started again, she thought. By looking at Sehun’s face, she knew it that Sehun wasn’t interested in hanging out today. She hated it when he was being an anti-social like this. “Yes, we. Why? You don’t wanna join us? Then, don’t,” she replied to Sehun.

“I never said so,” Sehun shrugged.

Hayoung smiled listening to them. A week she was here, there was no day that those two went on without bickering. She used to this. There must something that could be the subject of their squabble. Looking at them like this, Hayoung knew she shouldn’t feel even the slightest feel toward Sehun. It was good that there was a wall between them and she knew she shouldn’t break that wall.

Naeun on the other hand, was stunned. She was thinking if she heard it wrong but at the same time she was sure she heard it right. Sehun wanted to join them, somehow it sounded a bit surprising that he actually wanted to hang out with them. Well, because he could be a bit anti-social at times. So, she honestly thought he wouldn’t be joining them but it didn’t seem like that.

“I’m done!” Hayoung claimed while closing her book. “Let’s go!”

“Wait. I’m texting those three,” Naeun said, referring to Chanyeol, Kris and Namjoo.

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

 

“Hey!” Hayoung cheerfully greeted the girls who were already at the table once she entered the café. It had been a week since they last hung out together and of course she was excited to meet them. Everyone was busy with their own works, so they barely contacted each other too.

“Hayoung,” Bomi screamed her name excitedly, drawing attention from the people at the café; they all were looking at them.

“Okay, can you calm down? It’s not like you haven’t meet her for months, Bomi,” Luhan was being a jerk. Yes, he could be a jerk sometimes. Not really sometimes, but most of the time. Lately however, he had been such a nice guy. Sometime might have changed him.

Hayoung replied Luhan with an annoyed smile. Just then, she remembered she hadn’t introduced Namjoo and Naeun to her friends yet. However, before she could introduce them, Chorong’s exclamation cut her off.

“You!” Chorong’s index finger pointed at Kris as she said that, making everyone at the table turned to her. Her face showed a shocked expression; like it was really shocking her to see Kris was with them.

“You know each other?” Kai asked out of curiosity.

“No,” Chorong quickly replied and at the same time, Kris was replying too, but with the different answer; completely the opposite of her answer; yes.

Their answer made all of them entangled in confusion. Who was lying and who was telling the truth?

“Okay, so do you know him or not?” Baekhyun raised his brow, smiling playfully at Chorong while other just watching the scene.

“No. I don’t,” Chorong denied again.

“Said the one who trespassed one’s apartment,” Kris remarked impassively, not even looking at Chorong.

Everyone looked at each other upon hearing Kris’ reply. For Hayoung and friends, there was no way Chorong really did trespass Kris’ apartment; that didn’t seem like Chorong at all. They must be some misunderstanding. For Chanyeol and his friends, Kris picked a fight with a girl was something never happened before. He either totally ignored girls or pretending to be nice with them. There was no such thing as picking a fight.

“Trespassing?” Chorong’s mouth hung open; didn’t believe what he just said earlier. “Look who’s talking right now, who was the one asked me to come in?”

“Wait, what is this? Do you guys really have something?” Xiumin looked at Kris, before his eyes stopped on Chorong.

“I said, NO!” Chorong’s eyes glared at Xiumin fiercely as she denied it. “Let me get this straight, my cousin moved to the apartment next to his, and he gave me the wrong apartment number, which was HIS APARTMENT NUMBER,” she emphasized the ‘his apartment number’ before continuing again, “and he asked me to come in when I rang the bell so I just went inside the house. Clear now? He’s at fault!” she pointed at Kris.

 Chanyeol was already burst into laughter when Chorong started to explain everything. “Why did I find this funny?” he asked, but having no intention of getting any reply from others. He however finally stopped when Kris shot him a death glare.

“Okay guys, I think we better stop with that. I haven’t known their name yet,” Eunji sighed.

“Ah, right. So this Naeun and Namjoo,” Hayoung pointed Naeun and Namjoo who was sitting beside her. “This is Chanyeol, Kris and,” she stopped for a while, looking at Sehun, “Sehun.”

“So Kris, this is Chorong,” Kai introduced Chorong to Kris in a teasing way, making Chorong grunted in annoyance. He chuckled. “This is Bomi, Eunji,” he pointed at the two girls, “and Luhan, Baekhyun and Xiumin.”

All of them then got to know each other. They were talking about everything and laughing for nonsense thing. It was such a relief that all of them could get along so well. Within an hour, they all already were being friendly like they had known each other for ages. They had the chemistry. Well, except for Kris and Chorong.

“Like seriously?” Namjoo asked Xiumin as she laughed listening to Xiumin’s answer when he was being asked how they became friend. Looking at Hayoung and her friends, and Kai and his friends, she could see that they were from different world and she was definitely was right. “I see,” she continued.

“To be really honest, I never thought we could be friend with them, let alone close friend like this,” Baekhyun added. “But, it just happened that way. They aren’t that bad, anyway,” he seriously was being really honest.

“Oh really?” Eunji drifted her eyes to Baekhyun.

“Don’t worry, Eunji. I never have that kind of thought about you,” Chanyeol flirted.

“Oh my god, you’re so sweet, Chanyeol,” she gave him a sweet smile.

“Okay you guys, stop acting lovey dovey here,” Baekhyun snapped out the conversation.

“He’s jealous,” Naeun let out a small laugh.

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

 

The three of them walked together as they had the same way going back to their home. Sehun and Kai continued talking to each other, leaving Hayoung wondering alone why she even stuck with these two. Those girls and the rest had different direction so it explained why it was only her and those two for now. She knew Kai lived in the same neighborhood as her but Sehun? She had never seen Sehun before in the neighborhood.

She was waiting for Sehun to say his goodbye but that didn’t happen. Instead, it was Kai who bid his goodbye as they arrived at his house area. She heaved such a huge sigh; once they parted way with Kai, then it would be only her and Sehun walking during this night time. How romantic it would be, but sadly that romantic scene wasn’t going to happen.

“Good night,” Kai messed her hair as he said that.

“Stop messing with my hair,” she hissed while combing her straight hair with fingers.

“Whatever Hayoung,” he gave her his infamous smirk. “Then, see you guys at school.”

Right after Kai left, the atmosphere changed into an awkward one. There was a really long awkward silence between them. Hayoung really didn’t know what she should talk with him. After all, they never talked to each other. Not even once.

“You live here?” She finally gathered her courage and talked to him.

“Yes,” he nodded.

“How come I’ve never seen you before?” she asked in a very low voice, asking herself but still it was loud enough for Sehun to hear it as well.

“She doesn’t even remember she spilled the coffee,” Sehun whispered to himself.

“Huh? Did you say something?”

“No, I didn’t,” he lied.

“Okay,” she said as she stopped in front of a house at the neighborhood. Sehun followed her. “I’m already here. See you tomorrow, then,” she bid the goodbye and watched Sehun as he walked away from her house.

She walked into her house and went straight to her room. Her mind however couldn’t stop thinking about what Sehun said just now. She was sure she heard he said something; something like coffee or so. Not even a minute, her mind clicked; there was something about the coffee. It couldn’t be the one that she thought right now, right?

 

 


[032715] hello lovelies, another update for you guys. A little bit of Krisrong, and what do you think that Hayoung finally talked to Sehun? Two chapters or so to go before the camping chapter. lolol. I really can't wait to write that chapter.