t w o

Silent Love

 

 

“Of course your mum would agree with that,” A voice from the back came interrupting Hayoung’s and Chorong’s conversation. They were talking about how Hayoung’s mum asked her to go for that program when she didn’t even want to go to the school; leave alone joining the program. It was for two months, it was too long for Hayoung to leave her friends here; even though she wasn’t really leaving them. The school was in Seoul as well and she didn’t even need to live at the school’s hostel for two months; if it had one. She still stayed at her house. It just she went to different school for two months, joining their activities for the time being and that was all.

“You know your mum wanted you to go to Jaeguk High instead of here, right?” Eunji continued as they walked to the cafeteria.

Hayoung nodded as it was true. She had a hard time convincing her mum back then; her mum really wanted her to go there but Hayoung being Hayoung, she stuck to her decision that she didn’t want to go there. Which school she attended didn’t matter, it was her who mattered. If she didn’t want to study, no matter how good the school was, she still couldn’t get a good grade and vice versa; that was how she convinced her mum.

To say that Jaeguk High was the best school in the city, it sounded a bit inappropriate. The school was no different from their school, but somehow people judged them differently. Well, of course because of their students and their filthy rich parents.

That explained why her mum wanted her to join that program so much that she didn’t even know how to turn it down.

“I know, right?” Hayoung turned Eunji.

“What’s wrong with the program anyway? You’re not leaving for two years nor the school is somewhere outside Korea.” Chorong kind of sighed; didn’t understand what was going on with her friend right now, but then she remembered Hayoung wasn’t the brightest girl she knew when she first met her. She was socially awkward at first, but when she got comfortable, she gradually became the loudest among them. The same thing happened when they needed to tutor the guys, so she got teased by them a lot. But look now, she wasn’t awkward any longer; she was really close with them. “If you’re worried about getting friends, don’t worry, you have Kai, right?” she smiled, patting on her back.

Those three went to a table which was occupied by five students and was the loudest table at the cafeteria. That five barely late for their lunch on Thursday while Hayoung, Chorong and Eunji always late. It was calculus class for Eunji, Biology for Chorong and English for Hayoung but those teachers were something. The earliest they could get to go to cafeteria was when it was five minutes after the lunch break; that was when their teacher let them go exactly at 11.05 am. Not later or earlier even a second.

 

“Have fun in the class?” Luhan asked playfully as those three were taking their seat.

“Now that you mention about class, remember my English teacher, Mrs. Jung?” Hayoung looked at her friends but before her friends could answer her question, she continued, “she’s now on leave because she’s pregnant for seven or six months already and I have another teacher to replace her and the teacher’s new in here I mean I’ve never seen him before and he’s –“

"Oh Hayoung, please breathe,” Kai cut her off before she could finish everything she wanted to say.

Hayoung grinned looking at Kai.

"So, he's hot, handsome and young? Is that what you want to say?" Baekhyun snapped her from her grin.

"Ohmygod, you're so true. Damn he has a thick British accent too," Hayoung continued, looking at everyone who sat in front of her.

The teacher was really great. She never had so much fun in English class; he sure knew how to teach high school student very well; his face and personality were a bonus for her. Plus, the British accent was so cool. There were some people in this school, who could speak English fluently, but they spoke American accent and she barely knew anyone with British accent.

"Then I bet he's not Korean," Xiumin replied.

"No, you're not going to like any American or British guy. I mean, there are a lot of handsome and hot Asian men," Luhan suddenly spoke, responding to what Xiumin had said before, "and to prove I'm right, you see, us," he claimed proudly, making the girls made a face before bursting into laughter.

"Yeah, you guys are," Bomi nodded but it had a hint of annoyance in her tone. "But honestly, if you guys are hot and handsome, then I believe there is no ugly people in the world no more," he gave Luhan a sweet smile. "If you know what I mean," instead of giving him a smirk, she winked at him. Mischievous Bomi.

The two kept bickering for about fifteen minutes while the other having a conversation and finishing their meal. Chorong was complaining that she didn't understand what she had learned in biology just now and saying that she needed to revise it back at home later while Eunji and Baekhyun already left after they finished their meal.

"Ah, I remember something," Kai suddenly talked, looking at Hayoung who was stuffing a bread into . "I met Chanyeol yesterday, and you know he goes to Jaeguk," he continued.

"Chanyeol? As in Park Chanyeol?" She asked, wanting a confirmation as that Chanyeol was the only Chanyeol she knew.

Kai nodded.

So did Hayoung, "okay then." She felt a relief. At least she had two friends already to survive at Jaeguk High; Kai and Chanyeol.

"Now tell me who this Chanyeol you are talking about is?" Chorong asked out of her curiosity.

"Just a guy in my tutor class," Hayoung explained to Chorong.

Park Chanyeol was a guy in her tutor class. It was a private tutor of three; she herself, Kai and Chanyeol. At first, she attended a private tutor of a person but it was so bored. So she made her mum signed her up for a tutor of three and that was how she ended up being in the same class as that two guys. Chanyeol was an outgoing and bright person, so it didn't take a long time for her to be comfortable around him.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

Hayoung was wandering alone at the park; she wasn’t in the mood to study or anything at the time, she needed the fresh air. Everyone was busy with their own works so she went out alone. Plus, it had been a long time since she spent some time with herself; studying alone didn't count.

Sitting on the swing, she drank the coffee she bought just now. It was so calming as the breeze caressed her beautiful face. She was so lucky that there were not many people at the park at that time. The kids there weren't that loud too. Feeling like it was getting dark, she looked at her wrist watch; it was 7.16 pm. She got up and walked away from the park.

"Ouch," she cried as she felt herself bumped into someone. She looked at the guy; yes, she bumped onto a guy, and apologized.

"Sorry," she said before continued walking, leaving that guy behind.

He just looked at her as she walked away from him..

"Nice," he told himself as he noticed there was a coffee stain on his shirt. "Yaa!!" he held his head up, calling the girl who ran into him just now but she was already disappeared from his sight.

"."

 


[021815] So, here's chapter 2 for you guys!! Tbh, I dont really like this chapter, feeling like something's missing but idk what it is. and GOD HELP ME! my writing skill is getting worst when I'm already bad at writing. so does my vocab. I need to write and read more but the amount of homeworks is just // sigh

One more, actually, I wanna write 'Korean men' instead of Asian but then again, Luhan himself isn't korean. lol. so I changed it to asian.