n i n e

Silent Love

 

 

 

The bell rang sharp at 11.15 pm, signing that it was their break time. Hayoung and Naeun started to put their books in the locker at the back of the classroom before making their way out from the class. The two girls walked towards the other class, waiting for their friends who were about to finish their lesson. As they were talking to each other, a guy came and interrupted the conversation.

"Oh, what are you doing here?" a manly voice came from the back, making both of them turned their face to the voice's owner.

Hayoung smiled. That guy was Hongbin and with him were two guys which she didn't know who they were. Probably his friends.

"Waiting for Namjoo," she answered while her index pointed to the classroom.

Naeun on her right just stood there, doing nothing but gave the guys a smile. She was sure the question wasn't for her; it was for Hayoung. She had been noticing it from the day they interviewed the guys that Hongbin had a thing for Hayoung. For the past two days, the two exchanged smile whenever they passed by each other. No, it wasn't normal because Hongbin only smiled when there was Hayoung with her - he didn't even look at her when she was alone without Hayoung.

"Ah. You're always having lunch with them, come join us sometimes," Hongbin told her casually. "Today is okay too, right?" he continued as he looked at his friends.

Naeun looked at Hongbin unbelievably; she didn't expect he would make a move this fast. Thinking back to when they interviewed him, he didn't look like someone who would make a move - he looked so awkward. This guy was really something, she thought to herself.

"Uh, what?" She was shocked for a moment. Did he joke or he actually was serious about wanting her to have a lunch with them? Them; all guys and she was the only girl there? There was no way she would say yes to it.

"Having lunch with us today?" Hongbin looked straight into her eyes, and as if he knew what was on her mind, he continued, "why? Are you afraid you will be the only girl at the table?" he chuckled, "no worries, you're not. So?"

Hayoung looked at Naeun, didn't know either she should turn it down or agree with it. Naeun shrugged as an answer; she didn't think she had any right to ask Hayoung to do as she pleased. Everything was on Hayoung, either she wanted to eat lunch with them or not.

"But, I don't really know you guys," Hayoung reasoned, politely refusing Hongbin's invitation. Plus, she was sure that it'd be so awkward. She only knew Hongbin and his other friend who wasn't with him right now; Hyuk. At least, when the first time she ate with Naeun and her friends, there were Chanyeol and Kai too.

"That's why you need to eat with us so we can know each other more," Hongbin's friend suddenly talked. "I'm Hakyeon by the way," he introduced himself to the girls.

"Is it okay for you if she has her lunch with us?" Hongbin asked as he looked at Naeun.

"Well, I'm cool with that if she wants," she yet again shrugged. Weird. Why would he ask her when she wasn't the one who would spend the break time with them?

"Okay then, we will just borrow her during lunch," the guy named Hakyeon said while looking at Naeun.

Naeun eyed them from the back as they walked away from her. Well, at least she made new friends in here.

 

 

 

They were being loud at the table like usual. You couldn't expect them to eat quietly when there were Chanyeol and Namjoo together. That two were the ones who always turned the atmosphere into a clamorous one; they talked non stop. The table seemed empty when Hayoung and Sehun weren't there. Hayoung of course went to eat with Hongbin but Sehun was nowhere to be seen at the cafeteria. Maybe he was late again.

The sound of chair being pulled out making Naeun to stop eating and lifted her face up looking at the figure - it was Sehun. She looked at him questionably - a question popped up on her mind; why was he late again?

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Sehun asked her as he noticed the look she gave him.

"No. Just wondering why you are late again." she answered while eating her lunch, not even looking at him who was sitting in front of her.

"Since when you're this caring?" Sehun raised one of his eyebrows with a smile plastered on his face.

Naeun put down her chopsticks upon hearing the question; she turned her face on him, "I mean, we are in the same class. We went out at the same time but you're always here like ten minutes after we sit and eat," she explained to him.

"Well, natural call," he answered bluntly, "by the way, you're alone? You were with her earlier, aren't you?"

"Who?"

"Hayoung."

Naeun was about to answer him when Chanyeol suddenly in the conversation. He must be hearing all the conversation before. Well, what was new? Everything they talked at the table never could be a secret. Theere was always a person who heard everything whenever you talked.

"Ya! What is it asking your girlfriend about other girl?" Chanyeol remarked.

Ignoring Chanyeol question to Sehun, Naeun answered Sehun's question to her before. "She's having her lunch with Hongbin and his friends. She texted you about it right, Kai?" she turned to Kai who was eating peacefully, completely ignoring the conversation between Naeun and Sehun.

"Yupt," Kai nodded. "She already told me earlier."

"What? Since when they are close with each other?" It was obvious that Sehun was surprised to hear that. As far as he knew, that girl only hung out with them and he had never seen her talking to other people before - except the classmates. Having lunch with them, she must be so closed with them. If not, of course she wouldn't agree to it.

A bell rang in his mind. He remembered the day when he went back with her. She went back late because she had work to do and Naeun had told him about their idea. Probably that was when they got to know each other. Seemed like they got along so well very quick, he thought to himself.

"Why is it when they are getting closed matter to you?" Kris suddenly talked, making all of them at the table looked at him. "She has been stuck with us since the first day she is here. I think it's a good thing if she makes friends with other students besides us," he continued.

Everyone nodded. What Kris said earlier made sense. It wasn't like she only needed to be with them twenty-four-seven. She had her own life and she was free to choose. Let she decided herself what was good for her.

"Whatever. I'm done eating," he claimed as he got up from the chair and soon disappeared from his friends' sight, leaving them puzzled by what was just happening.

"What's wrong with him?" Namjoo looked at Naeun.

"I don't know."

 

 

-

 

 

Naeun was already there when Hayoung entered the class. Seemed like Naeun finished lunch earlier than usual, or it could be that she was later than usual. Hayoung made her way straight to her seat and greeted Naeun who was reading a book at her seat. They talked for a while before Naeun started to ask her about how were Hongbin and his friend? Not to mention, she also asked her if the girls who were with them - as what Hongbin told her earlier were their girlfriend or just friend. Well, girls and gossips couldn’t be separated, right?

Hayoung didn’t know much about what were the girls to the guys but one thing for sure, Hongbin was still single. She was hundred percent sure about that; there was absolutely no doubt about that. She found them just as fun as much Naeun and her friends were. That Hakyeon was so loud, maybe the loudest among them and he talked non stop; sometimes it was annoying. Also, there was this one guy with no emotions and all and she honestly scared of him. And that was what she told Naeun about them.

“And what about Hongbin?”

“Hongbin? He is exactly like how you see him. Nothing much about him that can give you a remarkable impression except his inhumanly handsome face?” Hayoung chuckled. “But he actually is kinda sweet and –“  before Hayoung could finish her sentence, someone – or to be more accurate; Sehun cut her off with his high tone that made people who sat near them turned their face on them.

“Can you guys shut up? So noisy,” he remarked while turning to the back, facing the girls.

“Oh Sehun, what exactly is wrong with you? We just talked with each other, we didn’t even scream, like how is it noisy?” Naeun sighed. Something was wrong with Sehun today. To say he was having his PMS or period, he was – is a guy, but he was acting weird since lunch. “Just ignore him,” Naeun continued, talking to Hayoung as soon as Sehun turned back to the front.

Hayoung was taken aback. She never saw Sehun acting that way before.  Just what happened during lunch? She thought to herself. Did Naeun and Sehun fight or what?

“Sure. By the way, why are you so interested in Hongbin?” leaving the unfinished sentence that’d been interrupted by Sehun, Hayoung hesitantly asked Naeun about this.

“Why? Isn’t it obvious that I like him?” she smiled.

She was shocked. Did she hear right? Naeun liked Hongbin but she was in relationship with Sehun? She really didn’t get it. What was this all about?

“Ya! I’m kidding,” she chuckled; didn’t expect Hayoung to take it seriously. “Because he looks like a fun and interesting person, so that’s why I’m asking you,” she explained.

“Ah, you really make me surprised, you know!”

The two stopped talking when the teacher came inside the class. The class went on for about an hour and before he ended the class, he announced something that made the whole class screaming happily.

“Your camping trip has been approved by the principal and, remember, this camping is on this weekend. Here’s the consent form to be filled by your parents. Give this to me back by this Thursday,” with that, the teacher handed the papers to the class president before walked out from the class.

Hayoung sighed. A camping trip for her class only which meant, no Kai. Was she gonna be okay with only Naeun? Not to mention, she was never going to camping trip before.

 

 


[101715] sorry for the 90% dialogues in this chapter. by the way, it has been exactly 8months since the first chapter. Wow, Im definitely a lazy person. It's 8 months already and I only wrote 9 chapters. lol. btw, have fun reading this.