Damaged Ego

Forward and Backward
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Contrary to popular belief, Bobby knew a few other things beyond his extensive knowledge of skateboards and the female anatomy. For instance, he could probably go on for days about how he was a lot better than Kim Donghyuk in every way, shape or form, though he knew that'd just be stating common knowledge.

Which is why, no matter how he tried to look at it, he couldn't quite wrap his mind around what he'd just seen. Why would you push Bobby away for years, just to pull in Donghyuk as soon as the punk moved into town. He could probably understand if you passed him off for some international superstar like G-Dragon or T.O.P, but to be cast second place after some clueless, stick a fork in the toaster type like Donghyuk -- now, that was just sad. 

It's not that he hated the guy, you could even say he was a good friend of his; but if you put it this way, he probably wouldn't save the boy if he (Donghyuk) was on fire and he (Bobby) happened to have a fire extinguisher in his hands. 

Or maybe he was being a bit dramatic. It was hurting his head thinking about it, trying not to listen to his reflexes telling him to punch a hole in Hanbin's wall. He shook off both thoughts, and pulled his phone out of his pocket to distract himself, unsurprised by the loads of messages stacked on the screen when it lit up. He still had several hot girls (nagging and annoying, but hot nonetheless) he was still deciding if he wanted to talk to or not, and maybe it'd be therapeutic to nail one of them with all of this new pent up energy in his system. 

His thumb undecidedly moved up and down the screen, but ultimately landed on "Redhead from Algebra." She was a little eccentric for his taste (whatever his taste in girls even was), but maybe a strong personality was exactly what he needed to stop thinking about you. (Plus, he was failing Algebra and really needed to copy a week's worth of homework.)

Besides, it wasn't like he wasn't having much fun, now. Yunhyeong had accidentally torn into the bag of potato chips he had planned to give to his ex-girlfriend and was squawking like a bird about it, Jinhwan was trying to find a pizza place that delivered at 1 am, and Junhoe was raving about a girl group from one of the magazines Donghyuk had brought back from the store ("I'm gonna be sooooo pissed off if f(x) doesn't score a Daesang this year!"). No one was listening to him, but it didn't seem to slow him down. 

"Looks like I'm out," Bobby said, getting to his feet as soon as the redhead messaged back ("Was waiting all night for a message! My place ASAP!" He didn't know where her place was but he needed an excuse to leave). He shrugged on his jacket and ran a hand through his raven hair before pulling back on his cap. "Don't need to wait up for me."

Hardly anyone looked up from what they were doing. Yunhyeong grunted loudly, but that could've meant anything. Was he really that much of a man whore where no one was surprised anymore to see him leave late at night? Was he finally losing his spark? No, as weird as things had been turning out that night, he still wouldn't believe that garbage. 

"And you're telling us why?" Hanbin replied, raising his eyebrows sarcastically, eyes glancing momentarily from his phone. "As long as it's not to my sister's room, I don't care where you're going."

"Yeah, like I'd tell you that if that's really where I was going," Bobby said, trying his best not to imagine a world where him going to your room late at night was actually true. (Jeez, get your head out of the gutter!) He barely looked back at his lame friends as he opened the door. "By the looks of it, seems like Donghyuk's already got that covered. Isn't that right, Donghyuk?"

Hanbin tore an earphone out of his ear, now looking up toward the boy in question. "What did he just say?" 

Donghyuk's jaw unhinged. He looked completely horrified. "But it wasn't my fault! She kissed me!"

Bobby quietly closed the door behind himself, letting his imagination fill in how the rest of that was going to fall into place. Sometimes having a temperamental best friend like Hanbin was a good thing. 

 

The hallway was almost pitch black, but Bobby could somehow make out the lone figure crouched against the wall a little ways down from where he stood. He would've screamed till his heart stopped beating, but that'd put his reputation with you at risk (your room was only a few doors away), and he really didn't want that. Especially not with the whole Donghyuk thing still hovering over his head.

But when the figure spoke, he realized that scary figure actually was you (still kind of scary, though). "Bobby? Is that you?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter