What About Us?

Neverland
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHANYEOL'S POV

 

   I need proof to give me assurance. I need facts that can calm my heart. I need evidence that what I am feeling right now will not last that long. Because it hurt so much and I feel like I am dying as you slowly slip out of my fingers. I need to find out if I will also be given the chance to call you mine. Even after my brothers have already staked their claim to your heart.

 

   "Yah Baek, did you find anything there, please check every page of the goddam book." "Don't shout at me okay, I am trying my best here. Do your part as well. Pacing back and forth will not give you answers." I can see that his eyes are already fighting to close because we've been in the library since yesterday and it's already 3:00am in the morning. But I want to find answers. "You know what I give up, it will happen if it's meant to be. If it's not then we can just..." I cut him off. "How can you give up huh, I know that you love her too. Do you think you can still live and go on with your day if you will see her in the arms of another man, especially your own brother." I harshly shouted at him, my loud voice echoing in our library. "Chanyeol, you know that from the moment I saw their eyes turn yellow-gold I felt like my world have ended. But what can I do huh? It's their destiny, all we can do is wait although there is no guarantee that it will also be her." My best friend is crying now, we shared the same fear that the girl we love and cherish will never be able to love us back. 

    Baekhyun has always been the mood maker. He is always the one who will cheer me up and find ways to lift my spirit when I am down. Seeing him breakdown in front of me doubled the pain in my heart. I grab his shoulder to pull him up from his sitting position amidst all the ancient books about wolf history. "It's alright Baekkie, you told me when we are still toddlers that miracles happen and no proof is needed if you believe and if you love with all your heart." I hug him closer to me and let him bury his face in my chest. "Channie, I don't want to just be the wedding gown, maternity clothes, and baby clothes designer, I want to be the groom and the father of her children." "Shh, don't worry too much you have not yet turned nineteen. Who knows, once you blow your nineteen birthday candles next year and she is standing in front of you, your eyes will just light up and turn yellow-gold. And Bam you are mated."

     "And how about you? You are of age to be mated and if she's the one why didn't something like that happen to you?" "Molla yo, maybe you are mate, that's why we alway follow each other like lost puppies." I winked at him and showed him my widest smile. Baekhyun pushed me away from hugging him. "Yah, you are gross, I don't want a male mate. I want a princess."  "Babo, I am just joking, enough crying okay. You know you are my bestie right and it hurts me to also see you in pain. Kaja, let's get out of here and eat and drink to our hearts content. Let's drown our sorrows with soju and fried chicken." "But Channie how about the books, the hyungs will scold us if we will leave those scattered on the floor." "Let them fix that or ask the household help to do it. I am so depressed now to even care."

 

    We have really drowned our sorrows with several bottles of soju and endless order of fried chicken, tempura, and odeng. The nearest Pojangmacha in our estate has provided us a temporary escape. The smell of the night air combined with the steam coming from the different street foods and the strong scent of alcohol somewhat help to push your sweet scent at the back of our minds. "Channie, borrow that guitar from that ahjussi, I want to sing." Baekhyun is already drunk after 4 bottles of soju while I am still quite sober and already on my fifth bottle. Once I have the guitar, Baekhyun groggily stands up from his seat. "Listen, everyone, I will sing you a song. This song is dedicated to the love of my life. And since you will be my audience all your drinks are on me." The people inside the Pojangmacha all clapped their hands to Baekhyun. I pulled his shirt for him to sit down again because he can barely stand on his feet.

https://youtu.be/-KXHEUcO15A

   Once he is settled in his seat he started singing using the soju bottle as his microphone. Even if he is already drunk his voice never lost its angelic quality. I accompanied hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter