Detention.

Sixth Sense

School ended faster than i thought. I stayed silent as i watch the other kids walking out of the class happily one by one. When the class was already empty, leaving just the two of us, the teacher stared at us sternly. I bit my lip. "You two will have a detention for an hour. You, Mr.Tuan, will be cleaning up the class and Mrs.Byun.. you're in charge of cleaning the board" she said coldly. Mark sulked, "What? Cleaning the whole class? It'll take forever!! You can't do this to us!!" he protested. The teacher glared at him, "Detention for an hour and a half. Complain again i'll make it to 2 hours" she said and Mark widened his eyes, his face getting red in rage. I closed my eyes shut and looked down, today's gonna be a really long day. I guess that's why she's known as the most strict teacher in this school.

After gathering up all her books and stationeries, she left the class. I looked at Mark and he sulked again. "I'm sorry, okay? I just hate cleaning" he said and messed up his hair. Then i managed to give him a small smile, to tell him that it's okay. I don't like doing chores either. He looked at his wristwatch and shrugged, "Let's just start cleaning and later". I nodded slowly. 

Then we stayed silent for a moment. 

"Um.. Nara.." he called out. I looked at him.

"I'm really sorry for acting really mean and rude towards you, i really do" he said and looked away, "I shouldn't judge you so much and be jealous easily.." he added. I smiled. 

"I acted so childish for being jealous. I was always jealous everytime Jackson is with you, because he would  forget me sometimes. I felt that i was being left behind, okay? I'm so dumb" He blurted out again. "I was just afraid that i might lose my best friend. And i'm also sorry for always judging you.." 

Before he was about to apologize again, i stopped him, "Hey, it's okay, it's the past now, they didn't matter to me anymore." i said calmly. At ;east we're friends now, right? 

"But i'm also sorry.. for stealing Jackson away from you, Mark" i apologized and he chuckled, "Wait, why are you apologizing? Okay let's just forget about it". I laughed and nodded, "Yeah, we should". 

"But honestly, Nara, you're too nice. You're a really nice person and i didn't know that.." he said while rubbing the back of his neck. My cheeks turned a light shade of pink, Am i really nice? I thought everyone hated me.. I stayed silent for a while.

"I guess that's the main reason why Jackson liked you so much" he mumbled while playing with his pen. I widened my eyes, "H-He.. what?" i looked at him, confused. He smiled, "Oops" he said and laughed. My heart stopped beating for a while, I'm not joking.

He shrugged, "Hey, Jackson obviously have feelings for you, Nara. He talks about you so much, really." he said. I blushed and covered my face with my hands. Does he really like me? I think it's really impossible for him to like a girl like me. There's a lot of girls who are way prettier and nicer than me. Then my mind started to make flashbacks back when we biked together to my home. My heart started to beat rapidly, and i feel really weird. Is this love? I haven't experience this kind of feeling before. Maybe i have, but i couldn't even remember anymore.. it was a long time ago.

"Aaayeee you liked him too, right?" he said, nudging my arm. My cheeks turned redder and i looked away, "I-I don't.. I.. I actually don't know..." i mumbled and took a deep breath, "J-Jackson.. yeah he's a really nice person. He.. he changed me a lot.. in just a couple of days. Honestly i'm quite surprised to see my own improvement. He changed me into a better person and i feel really thankful" i said. He smiled, "Even jinyoung approves that you changed a lot". I raised my brows, "really" he said, lifting his hands up in defense as if he thought that i thought he was lying. 

"Let's get real now.. do you like him?" he said and poked my shoulders. I looked down, "Mark, i really don't know".

He scoffed, "Oh come on, Nara. You're no fun. Fine i'll take that as a yes then." he said and i turned at him, "W-What?" i stuttered, panicking. "Nara likes Jackson~ Jackson likes Nara~ Two new lovebirds~" he started singing and i covered my pink face with hands again.

Suddenly, the door flung open violently and Jackson walked in and screamed in happiness once he saw us. Mark rolled his eyes, "You startled me" he  said and Jackson laughed. He closed the door calmly and walked towards us, standing in front of us. 

Mark looked towards the window for a while, "Where's the others? Yugyeom? Jinyoung? Youngjae?" he asked. 

He shrugged, "They went home really early to do their school projects. And they left me. So i searched for the two of you everywhere. Then i saw the two of you here and i was excited" he explained and i laughed a little. 

 

Jackson's POV.

 

"They went home really early to do their school projects. And they left me. So i searched for the two of you everywhere. Then i saw the two of you here and i was excited" i explained and Nara laughed a little. I looked at her and at Mark, What are they two doing in here? Alone? I eyed both of them suspiciously. Then i suddenly feel uneasy, i don't know why. I coughed, "So.. what are you guys doing here??" i asked, looking down, avoiding their gazes on me.

I heard Mark chuckling. 

"Detention, because i was being too loud in class. The teacher and i hate her so much" Mark said. Then i looked at the two of them, wait, are they sitting in the same bench? I felt more uneasy but at the same time, i feel really happy to know that Mark has warmed up with Nara. They're friends now, right?

I nodded slowly, "How long have the two of you been in here?" i asked again. Nara looked at the watch and widened her eyes, "M-Mark.. we have only a few minutes left.." she whispered and nudged Mark. Mark looked at his wrist watch, "OH !" he shouted and stood up, "I better start cleaning otherwise the teacher will end my life" he said and stormed outside to find some broom to use. I chuckled, "Let me help you guys" i offered. Nara looked at me, surprised. I feel weird everytime she looked at me like that, it's really weird. "I'll help, okay?" i said, standing up before Nara could stop me.

 

A few minutes later after cleaning like we're gonna die, we finally finished. I cracked my neck and smiled, "Looks like our job here is done" i said. "Woah thanks jacks, really. You're our hero!" Mark said in his girly voice. I grinned proudly and Mark slapped my shoulders, "Don't give me that look you disgust me" he said again and Nara chuckled even louder. I smiled.

Then i felt my stomach grumbled, wanting food. I think i heard Mark's and Nara's as well. I laughed out loud, "I guess we're all hungry. Ramen, guys?" he asked. I looked at both of them and they widened their eyes, "I LOVE RAMEN!!!" Mark shouted and Nara nodded, "Me too~" she said shyly. Mark laughed, "Wait, you like ramen too?!" he freaked out and they both laughed, and high-fived each other. I watched them and smiled at their friendship.

"Woah we DO have a lot in common.. right?!"

"*laughs* Yeah.."

"Color, favorite actor... what else?"

"Favorite rap artist~"

"Right! woah we're amazing, right, Jacks?" 

I flinched once Mark mentioned my name. I smiled a little and nodded. "I never knew you guys could be this close" i said as we walked outside, heading to the ramen restaurant near our school. "And now.. we both also liked the same food!" Mark cheered and Nara laughed. 

I turned to them and pouted, "Hey, i like ramen too you know! that's why i asked you guys to have ramen!" he protested and Mark chuckled, "Alright". 

 

Nara's POV.

"I'm definitely going to eat this one.. and this one.. wait, or this one? i'm gonna be broke.." Jackson scratched his head and the waiter stared at him confusedly. "So um.. what do you want to-" "Okay fine i'll have this one instead" He said while pointing at the picture in the menu. Then the waiter finally left, annoyed. "I think you just annoyed him, good job" Mark said, laughing. "Hey i was in a big dilema okay" he said and all of us laughed. 

A few minutes later, we finally finished our ramen. "Where's the waiter?" Jackson said while looking around, calling for a waiter to give us a bill. But no one even approached us. We waited for 5 minutes, and still, no waiter or waitress even served us. "Do they even want money?" Mark said, annoyed. 

Then to our luck, a middle aged man came towards our table. I gasped, that guy looked really familiar..

"I'm really sorry kids, for the long wait. Unfortunately our employees are-" Our eyes met and we both raised our brows. Wait,.. isn't he Mr.Yang, my boss' younger brother? He gasped and smiled at me brightly, "Oh, Nara!!" he cheered and i smiled widely. Thank goodness he still remembered me. It's been forever since we last met, i don't even know that he actually owns this ramen restaurant. He was a really good and wise man. 

"So, how are you, Nara? How's your school?" he asked while counting our bill. I smiled, "I've been doing great, thank you. And school was great." i said shyly and he chuckled. He eyed Jackson and Mark for a while, "So you got yourself a boyfriend?" he said, pointing at Jackson since he's sitting beside me. I blushed and Jackson coughed, "N-No.. we're just best friends.." I said and he laughed, "You two look really cute together" he said and Mark laughed. Jackson's ears went red, and so did i. "Since i knew you, Nara, i'll give you a 30% off. Thanks for eating here!" he said kindly and all of us handed him our money happily. "Eat here again someday, okay?" Mr.Yang said, patting Jackson's shoulders. Jackson gave him a salute and he chuckled before he left.

Then i felt their stare towards me. "Who.. was that man?" They asked and i smiled, "He's my boss' younger brother.." i said while looking at Mr.Yang walking towards his office. They gasped, "Your boss? What?". I chuckled, and told them about my job and my boss. They slowly nodded, "Oooh i get it.. woah you work at that cafe near your home?" Jackson said, surprised. I smiled and nodded. "We should visit there someday and give you a company!" Jackson said excitedly and my cheeks turned pink for a second. "Yeah, we should. At what time you start your work?" Mark said, while cleaning his mouth. "Umm.. this afternoon at 4 PM.. i work their everyday" i said and they gasped again.  "Is it okay if we visit you, though? I'm afraid that we'll kinda disturb you or something.." Jackson said, unsure. I smiled at his kindness, "It's okay, you guys can come. I'll serve you guys something" i said.

Then their eyes lighten up. 


sooo here's my update<33 i hope you guys liked it!

i actually wanna write more here but it's almost midnight and my eyes are tired x33 sorry~

oh and also i'm gonna face national exams next week and it really effects my whole life so i'm gonna update a week after that, i guess?

Wish me luck so i can pass with flying colors <33333

anyways thank you for reading and please leave some comments~ :3

 

monsterous