Jaebum?

Sixth Sense

 

Nara's POV.

The dog wouldn't stop barking, and made my curiosity grew stronger. I decided to check on the sound. As i walk closer to the back of my house, i felt sudden increase of the temperature around me. The air felt so hot that i was unable to breathe. I started coughing, my chest was really heavy. I dropped to the floor, coughing uncontrollably as i breathe in flaming hot air. I felt like swallowing fireballs. I started sweating and my vision became blurry. After that, i out.

 

 

"Hey, weirdo! Why are you talking to youself?" A boy laughed while pointing at me, interrupting my time with my imaginary friend Gina. It was already recess. When the school bell rang everyone quickly ran outside the class, going to enjoy their breakfast in the school canteen. While me, i decided to sit at the stairs near my classroom, giving my imaginary friend Gina a company. Gina is a really good friend. She's this girl that lives in the stairs. We always chat together. She's so nice to me, and will always be there for me. Everyone would make fun of me when i tried to prove that Gina is real. They thought i was a weirdo with brain issues. But they didn't know what i really see. "I'm... with Gina" i said, feeling a little scared as they approached me closer. "There's no one there? Are you crazy?" the other boy looked around me. "No, she's right here! sitting right beside me!" i protested, while pointing at the empty seat beside me, where Gina is currently sitting. From the look in Gina's face, i could tell that she was annoyed by the pressence of these two boys. "What a crazy girl, you're scaring me" the boy said. My eyes started to water. I was so mad at them for not believing me. "I-I'm not a crazy girl... stop it.." i started crying. They were surprised to see me cry but then laughed, "You're a freak who talks to herself!!" the boy yelled and both of them laughed again. I started crying harder when they made fun of me. Then one of them saw the apple juice box in my hand and grabbed it, drank it, and put it on the table beside the stairs. I was so sad, i couldn't stop crying. "My juice..." i cried, and they left me while still laughing. I was left alone, crying by myself at the stairs. I also realized that GIna left me too. Maybe she was scared of them earlier.

Suddenly, a kid walked by me and stared at me confusingly. He dropped his lunchbox on the floor then approached me slowly. 

"H-Hey~ Why are you crying?" he asked softly. I cried harder. He looked both confused and empathic at the same time. "What's wrong?"

"T-They drank up all of my apple juice..." i said between my sobs. He pouted, "P-Please stop crying.."

Then he ran to his lunchbox earlier and came back to me with a bottle of water in his hand. 

"Here, drink mine. I'm sorry if you don't like plain water." he offered. I immediately stopped crying and amazed at how kind-hearted this person is. I grabbed the bottle from his hand and drank it.

"I'm Jaebum, and you?" 

"I'm Nara.." i answered. He nodded his head happily, "Let's be friends!!" He beamed. I smiled at him. Right at that moment the school bell rang again. Recess is over.

"The bell just rang, let's go to class!" he dragged me with him and we both went back to our classes. Ever since that day we became close friends. He would always wait for me outside my class after school is over. And he would also gve me a company until my parents pick me up. He's such a nice person and is always there for me. I'm lucky to have a friend like Jaebum.

Suddenly, out of nowhere i heard gunshots and my parents screaming. All of my surroundings then started to blur and a face popped right in front of me.

"Please don't leave me" the face started to melt and the voice was echoing through my head. 

I suddenly woke up. My breathing was heavy and i felt my heart beat rapidly.

I looked around me and realized that i was laying down at my sofa in the living room. I was still in my school uniform. My entire home was pitch black, and that's when i realized that i out for a really long time. I looked at the wall clock and it showed 7 PM. I quickly got up and almost fell down, my head felt a little dizzy. Then i also realized 2 things : the air in the home weren't hot anymore and wasn't i at the floor earlier? I quickly all of the lights in my house and took a nice refreshingshower.

 

I stepped in the shower and the warm water greeted my body nicely. The water felt good. As water kept on falling on my body i suddenly thought of that dream earlier.

That dream.. i dreamed of myself when i was still little and my first time ever to make a friend. His name was Jaebum. Suddenly a lot of flashbacks hit my mind at once. My head started aching again. I groaned and grabbed my head, giving it a gentle massage. I tried to remember more details about Jaebum but my head won't compromize. 

Then i stepped out of the shower, dried myself up and got dressed in my PJs. I walked to my room and jumped on my bed. Today was a great day. I smiled to myself while caressing my lips, and i got reminded by the kiss earlier again. I stared up at the ceiling and adjusted myself in my bed. Then i heard my phone ring. I immediately checked my phone and smiled at the notification. It was a message from Jackson. 5 messages unread and 3 missed calls.. i thought to myself and felt guilty.

I quickly called him back. I glued my phone on my right ear and started to call Jackson.

While waiting for him to answer my call, suddenly i felt something is watching me from my ceiling. I looked up but i saw nothing there. I still felt something odd. I kept on staring at the ceiling and suddenly a face formed. My breath felt like stuck in my throat. My eyes widen, as the face popped out slowly, revealing a purple-ish head with red veins on its face. Its eyes was all white but i could feel it staring at me sharply. I backed of slowly as it approached me. Its long wet hairs started to fall out from the ceiling, dripping black water on my bed. When i felt my back hitting the wall i froze. I screamed as the demon-ish creature approached me. I screamed so loud that the entire house was filled with my voice.

 

 

Jaebum's POV.

What have i  done to her??

My breath was harsh as i watched Nara sleeping peacefully on the bed. I could feel more tears coming out from my eyes at this moment. I was both angry and guity at the same time. My emotions were mixed. I stared at her hoping that she would be alright. All of my anger made her faint like this. I hurt her. I couldn't believe i made her faint like this. I'm so sorry, Nara. I really couldn't control my anger...

Maybe i was being selfish. I wanted her all for myself. I wanted her to only love me. I should realize that she deserves someone better than me. I should realize that i'm not even in her dimension. I shouldn't be selfish like this.

All i could do is hurting her. Now i feel really bad. 

I sighed as i reached out for her forehead. She cooled down. Thank goodness.

I could feel that she's waking up at any moment now so i really should leave her alone by now. I don't want to keep on hurting her like this anymore. I'm not gonna forgive myself if i did the same thing to her.

I slowly made my way out of her room to her front door. I left the house and stood there under the tree near the front gates. I don't know where to stay now. I looked back, hesitating to leave her house. But it's the best for her. I shouldn't be around her to cause more harm. I started to be reminded of their kiss earlier. Again, the anger came back. I quickly shook my head. I shouldn't be thinking about that. I slapped my own head and sighed. Jaebum, stop it. She's Jackson's now, get over it. Tears started to form in my eyes again. It hurts so, so bad.

Suddenly i heard a scream coming from her room. I gasped and quickly went inside her room. 

I saw a demon approaching her through the ceiling, and also a few more from the floor. She was on her bed, screaming her lungs out while covering her face with a pillow. 

"hello?? Nara?!! What happened?! Are you okay?! Nara answer me!!" i could hear Jackson's voice from her phone on the bed. My breathing felt heavy again as i felt anger rising up from my body up to my throat.

"DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH HER!!!!" i shouted and kicked the demons on the floor harshly and threw a punch at the demon coming from the ceiling. The demon let out a dying scream but i kept on punching it until it went back through the ceiling. The other demons looked at me in horror and ran away.Nara was still crying on her pillow. I sighed.

"I shouldn't leave you like that, i'm sorry" i said to myself and stared at her guiltily.

"Nara i'll be right there!!" Jackson said then hung up.

She looked at me in surprise and we met eyes again. My heart couldn't control itself as if i was still alive again. "You'll be in a great danger if i leave you alone..." i said. She was still staring at me in shock.

What i said was true. Since she was left by her parents i was the one who kept an eye of her. Her parents did witchcraft before she was even born. They did dark magic, and would often summon demons to help their economy and health. But obviously the demons always want something in return. Her parents would give offerings to the demons in return. Because of that, Nara was born with a sixth sense.She could see things that other people couldn't see.Their witchcraft activity would go worse and worse everyday and then would even eat other people's lives away and cause accidents and disasters to the neighborhood. But then one day the police found out about their witchcraft activity and shot them dead to avoid more harm to the neighborhood. Someone reported them to the police. Ever since her parents died, the demons were still roaming the house and haunt Nara. They were still haunting Nara today and i was the only one who was able to stop them from harming Nara. Having no one to seal them back to the other side, the demons kept on trying to bother her to seek revenge.

"J-Jaebum..?"

I froze.