Don't mess with her!

Sixth Sense

Its 4 PM, i quickly rushed inside my room and took a shower. Why am i in a rush? I have work to do. Yes, i need to work in order to earn money. Without money i won't be able to pay my school bills and my everyday supplies. I the shower and set it to steamy hot. I waited for a minute to let the water became hot before i walked in. But then only warm water came out, and it dissapointed me. I raised my brows, i swore i set it to steamy hot, not warm. Then i set it into steamy hot. Less in a minute, really hot water came out and it literally burned my skin. It felt like i was being poured with a boiling water. I nearly screamed and quickly turned it into cold water. I widened my eyes, "I-I swear i set it as hot water at first.. but it turned warm.." i said to myself. I quickly shook my head, Ah maybe i didn't turn it hard enough so it sets at warm water. I took a quick bath and prepared myself.

I stared at my cutter lying on the table. I was about to reach for it but i hesitated. I didn't feel sad or depressed today, i shouldn't cut myself. ...It was unusual for me not to cut for a day.. I usually cut everyday to satisfy myself. Instead, i reached for my purse beside it and put my stuffs inside. I quickly wore my usual job outfit and I wore a little makeup so i didn't look so plain. Thank God the uniform was long sleeved so they'll cover up the scars on my arms. Before i went to work, something bright caught my eye. It was the pink sticky note again. I smiled and quckly pick it up, 

"You look so happy today, i'm glad. Please smile more often, your smile calms me down :) "

I smiled, flustered. Who actually wrote these? I don't know but they always cheer me up in my darkest days. I put it back where it belonged and mumbled a 'thank you' before i finally went off to work. I rode my usual simple bicycle and reached at my destination in less than a minute. I stopped at the cafe's parking lot near my home and parked my bike there. Yes, i work at this cafe. I've been working here for about.. half a year already. My last job was a waitress too, but i got fired because the lack of communication with the customers. I cried so much at that day, really. Since that day, i tried so hard to interact with the customers. But when i did, they would harass me. That's why i tried to be as quiet and as mean as possible. You'll see.

I took a deep breath as i walked towards the back of the cafe, to the door that leads us to the lockers room for employees. I grabbed my locker key out from my pocket and unlocked my locker. I put my purse inside slowly and grabbed my name badge inside. Slowly, i attached it on my uniform and i'm ready to go. "Good luck" i whispered to myself and quickly ran outside. I saw my boss standing against the door frame, looking at the papers in his hands. He saw me and smiled, "Good evening Mrs.Byun" he said politely and i greeted him back with a slight bow. The older man smiled at me and chuckled, "You look happier today" he said. Okay that was weird.. i smiled a little and grabbed a wet cloth on the sink and started cleaning the counters. 

Do i really look happier today? 

I asked myself that question a couple of times.

I think i do.

But.. is this really happiness that i feel? I've never felt happiness before..

I did my usual routine as usual and suddenly i heard someone chuckling along with the front door ringing. I looked up and saw a group of boys walked inside. I watched them as they walked to the farthest seat in the cafe, which is really far away from the cashier counter. I quickly grabbed a notebook and a pen, and marched to their table, ready to take their orders. They sat down and had the menus on their hands. "Good evening, May i take your order?" i said politely with a slight bow, with the notebook in my hands. One of them looked up at me and smirked, "Wow she's pretty hot, hyung, look!". Then the other one looked up at me and winked, "Good evening to you too, baby" he said seductively. I blinked a few times, ignoring them. The others chuckled and i felt them staring at me intensely. The boy earlier looked at me ily while biting his lips, "Can i have your number?" he said confidently. The boy beside him nudged him, "Yah Suwoongie you're still underaged" i could hear his whisper. Then this 'Suwoong' guy glared at him and mouthed a couple of curse words at him. Wow, such an attitude.

"I'll have .. 9 bottles of soju please" the guy earlier said while staring at me intensely. I cleared my throat and scribbled down at my notebook in my hands and nodded, "Alright, please wait for a moment" i said trying to leave them as soon as possible. I felt really uncomfortable and tried my best to avoid them as much as possible. As i turned around to walk away, the guy earlier pulled my skirt, and i stumbled backwards. I lost my balance and i fell down to his lap, and my pen in my hands flew away. The guy chuckled and laid me down, making my head resting on Suwoong's lap. I gasped and tried to get up, but his hands kept pushing me down. 

My heart started beating furiously, what are they gonna do to me?! I screamed in my mind. Unfortunately, this table is really far away from the counter so no one will see us. I kept trying to wiggle free but failed. "Minsu-yah, good job" Suwoong praised the guy that pulled my skirt earlier. So that erted jerk's name is Minsu. Both of them chuckled and i felt Minsu's stare on my exposed thighs. I felt his hands caressing my thighs and i tried to slap his hands away but someone held them down. "L-Let go of me!!" I yelled and he ignored me. Tears started forming at the corner of my eyes.

 

Someone's POV.

I followed her to the cafe near her house as usual. Carefully, i walked pass her quickly and made my way inside, leaning my back against the wall, waiting for her to come out from the employees' room. I watched her as she walked to the counter, and smiled, "Pabo, you almost killed yourself earlier.. good thing i made it into warm water instead of boiled water.." i said to myself and chuckled. And i also noticed that she looked really happy today. Seeing her smile a lot today made my heart melt... Nara-yah, i'm so happy that you've finally made friends with a new guy. I'm so happy for you.

Then she looked up. Surprised, i quickly dissapeared in thin air. Phew, she almost caught me. Then her attention was on a group of boys that walked inside. I sat on the nearest empty table and watched them intensely. These boys look ..kinda like a group of thugs? I had my eyes on them. I kept on staring at them until they sat down at the furthest table in this cafe, which is the far back corner left, behind the counter. Then i saw Nara quickly grabbed her notebook and a pen with her and rushed to their table. Since the space of the room behind the counter where the table is at is very little, i decided to not to follow her, or else i might get caught.

I sighed and stared at the ceiling, i could still remember the days we played together, Nara. I could still remember the punches you gave me when i cheated on playing hide and seek. I missed those moments, Nara. No, I miss you. I miss interacting with you again like how we talked 11 years ago. You were so little that time, and innocent, you didn't even know that i had a crush on you. Yes, i'm still a 5 year old that day and i already had a crush on you.

I smiled, i even visited your home almost everyday just to play with you. Before we became friends, i already knew that your parents did witchcraft, but i'm completely fine with it. Honestly, it didn't creep me out so much.

[11 years ago]The school bell rang. I quickly stuffed my food inside my lunch box and tried to go back to class as fast as i can. I don't want to be late this time. Then suddenly, i heard someone crying... I peeked, and it's her. The girl who's always lonely and eats alone. I pouted and dropped my lunchbox carelessly, and walked to her. "H-Hello~ why are you crying?" i asked her. She cried harder. I'm confused, did i do something wrong? "What's wrong?" i asked again. She looked up at me and pointed at her empty juice box on the table, "T-They drank up all of my apple juice.." she said while sobbing. I pouted, "P-Please stop crying.." i said. I quickly ran to my lunch box earlier and grabbed my drinking bottle and gave it to her. "Here, drink mine. I'm sorry if you don't like plain water" i said. She stopped crying and took the bottle in my hand. But her eyes still looked red and watery. "I'm Jaebum, and you?"

"I'm Nara.." she said. I nodded my head, "Let's be friends!!!" i beamed. She smiled. "The bell just rang, lets go to class!" I took her hand and we left. We also left our lunchboxes behind.

I still didn't understand why the other kids insult you so much that day. I'm glad we met that day, and i'm glad i could protect you from the bullies that kept on pissing you off. I love you just the way you are, even though your parents did witchcraft.

Then flashbacks started playing in my mind.

[11 years ago]

"Hey Jaebummie!! Yaahhh yoouu'reee cchheeatttinng" Nara whined and stomped her feet cutely on the floor. I laughed and kept peeking through the gap between my fingers, "N-No i'm not!!". "Yes you are!" she yelled and pointed at my hands. I laughed harder and turned around, "Okay fine. Go hide now! i'm counting..1...2...3..." i said in a loud voice. I could hear her footsteps fainting. I quickly opened my eyes, "I'm going to find you!" i shouted and started running all over the place while laughing. 

I ran to her livingroom and saw her standing right there, staring at something. I laughed even harder, "I'VE FOUND YOU NARA!!" i shouted and ran to poke her. But then i stopped.

Her parents were crying while trying to hold back the door. Someone kept pushing the door open on the other side. I stared at them, wide eyed. "OPEN THIS DOOR RIGHT NOW!!!!" i flinched as i could hear someone yelling from outside. "P-PLEASE STOP.. L-LEAVE US ALONE!" her mother begged between her sobs. Then her parents saw me. "J-Jaebummie.." i walked closer to them. "Mrs.Byun..? Mr.Byun..?"

"Jaebummie dear, p-please, i want you to take Nara away from here-" then she stopped when we heard guns being fired. Nara screamed and fell to the floor, crying while closing her ears. "Please take her away, take her to your home and please keep her safe. Jaebum i trust you" her mother said, crying harder. I was so shocked i couldn't even move anything at that moment. "J-Jaebum take her away, now!!" her father screamed and i quickly pulled Nara away. "Please keep her safe, Jaebum. Protect her." he added. I nodded and ran as fast as i can once i heard the door was open. I could hear gun shots again and i flinched. "MOMMY!!! DADDY!!!!!" Nara screamed and started crying really hard. I quickly took her outside from her bedroom window (her bedroom is located on the first floor so its easy for us to escape) and ran as fast as i can. "L-Let's go to my home, Nara" 

She kept crying while running and i looked at her for a while, "N-Nara-yah, it's okay, i'll protect you, i'll keep you safe, i promise." I said, trying to comfort her. Then i could hear footsteps coming towards us. I gasped and i saw a group of policemen behind us. One of them has a gun on and i widened my eyes. 

BANG.

They shot me.

I fell on the ground, and i cried as i felt my breath getting slower and slower and my vision getting more blurry..

The last thing i heard was Nara's scream and she ran away. 

I sighed and i closed my eyes for a second. 

"L-Let go off me!" 

I widened my eyes, was that Nara's voice?! I panicked and i quickly ran to the table behind the counter and gasped at the scene. I felt myself getting hotter and hotter with anger. I gritted my teeth. STOP HARASSING HER!!!! I quickly ran to the back of their chairs and strangled their necks from behind. They started choking and i kept on strangling them once Nara is off from their hands. No one hurts my Nara. 

Nara quickly got up and i dissapeared, again. I don't want her to see me. Then Minsu and Suwoong started choking again while grabbing their own necks, until their face got all red. I scoffed. Weaklings. That's what you get for being too . "W-What the !!!!!" Minsu yelled and he seemed to get an asthma or something. "I swore to god someone was strangling our neck from behind.." Suwoong said in rage and looked behind him, " we lost her!!!" he yelled while staring at Nara's runnning figure. "We better go away before we got into more trouble.." the other guy said and quickly, they left the cafe one my one.

Slowly, my temper cooled down and i bit my lip, "You guys are lucky. I could have smothered you if my anger was off limits" i said to myself as i watched them run away.

I peeked through the employee's room's door and saw Nara inside, leaning against her lockers. The employees started surrounding her. Where the are you guys before!! Then i backed away, and smiled,

"See, Nara? I kept my promise.".

 


this is only the part 1 of my update, i'll be update the second one reeeeally soon!!! <3333