First Day of School.

Sixth Sense

Go ing die, .

You don't deserve to live.

Go and do a suicide.

I sighed as those sentences kept replaying on my mind. I played with my bloody cutter in my hands, closing my eyes shut as flashbacks of being humiliated played in my head. 

"ing weird- ! who likes you huh?! NO ONE!" she said as she threw my backpack out from the window, and i sobbed when i heard the loud bang of my bag hitting the aspalt floor. That was the 4th time Jihyo abused me today. I couldn't take it anymore. I rose from my seat and grabbed my textbook in front of me and slammed her face with it. The whole class turned silent and stared me with wide eyes. Jihyo's face became red; burning in anger. She quickly slapped me as hard as she could, making me fall into the ground. Her gang showed up and kicked me, making my whole body become bruised and blue. She pulled the nearest desk she could see and slammed it to my body. I didn't scream; i got used to it. Everyone didn't do anything as if they didn't care. "That's what you get for messing up with me" she yelled and stormed away. 

I'm a weird- . No one likes me.

I don't even know what love and frienship is. I could only define them, but i couldn't feel what they feel like. I deserve to be hated, i guess. I stared at my old backpack and smiled sadly, remembering the sad and horrible memories during my high school year. I'm pretty glad i went all of them through.

These anger towards myself kept me awake, i couldn't take it anymore so i played with mr.cutter a little. A tear escaped from both of my eyes and slowly, i cut myself at the wrist and sighed as blood flew out. 

Oh i haven't introduced myself yet. I'm Byun Nara, i'm 16 years old, currently schooling as a senior high student. I'm just an ugly skinny girl who gets abused everyday by my so called friends, and no one likes me. I do everything almost alone, but its okay, since i'm a quite independent girl. I live alone in a small old house far away from school. Why? My parents died, brutally. Byun Taewoo and Byun Miji. They died 10 years ago, brutally murdered by a group of men in Korea. They were accused of doing witchcraft, which is real. My parents did witchcraft, yes, those spells and dark magic. But they didn't use them for evil, honestly. My father's family was a big family who does witchcraft, and he taught my mom how to do them. Unfortunately, the news of us doing witchcraft spreaded across the whole country and they got caught and killed.

Then obviously, they gave a birth to a daughter which is me, Byun Nara. I was gifted a sixth sense. Yes, i could see ghosts and . Sometimes i use this ability to secretly make friends with ghosts. Sadly, they rarely communicate with me anymore so yeah. But i use this ability to communicate with my dead parents too. They were my only friend.  Maybe i was fated to be lonely and hated..

I glanced at the wall clock beside me, "it's almost 4 AM" i said to myself as i stare at my hands full of cuts. The first day of school is tomorrow, and i honestly feel really worried and scared. What if i'm going to meet new bullies who will abuse me again? What if i'm going to be hated just like the last year? Honestly i don't care anymore but deep inside, i'm really really scared. 

I couldn't sleep, and just like what i said before, my anger towards myself kept me awake. Don't ask why.

"Maybe i'll get some coffee.." I said to myself and stood up, walking slowly outside to make some late-night coffee. And there it is again, the pink colored stick note that i always get everyday. They were always sticked in the same spot, which is my coffee table.

"Please get some rest, i don't want you to be tired the next day :)"

i cracked a small smile and put it down back to where it belonged. I still didn't know who sent me these notes everyday for years, though. Whoever you are, you made me smile everyday with these lovely words. I read them everyday, to boost my mood and cheer myself up. Usually, i got 3-4 notes everyday. Thank you, whoever who you are. "T-Thank you.. " the same words escaped my lips everyday.

After reading this, i don't know why i feel a really strong urge to go to sleep. I yawned and laid down at the nearest couch, and fell asleep.

 

 

I quickly woke up as i felt as if i'm being shook. I look at my surroundings and shrugged, maybe i was just feeling things. I looked at the wall clock again and it showed 6 AM. I yawned and stood up, off to prepare myself to go attend the first day of school. My school starts at 7 AM, so i have plenty of time to prepare breakfast for myself. I decided to prepare a hotdog as a breakfast. After that, i quickly went to take a refreshing morning shower and dressed myself up. I put on my usual black leather jacket to cover up the cuts on my arms. With shaking hands, i lifted my backpack up, put on my old converses and headed towards the front door.

I'm scared.

I rode my bicycle like what i always do, and a few minutes later i arrived at the school gates. I took a deep breath as i looked around, there were many students today , not like usual. Nervously, i walked through the crowd to get inside the building. I buried my left hand inside my pocket and my right hand grabbing the strap of my backpack. I quicken my pace when i saw a group of girls sitting beside me. I'm traumatized. I looked around, reading every note stick in front of the door. It was a list of students. I walked into every door to try and find my name. 

"Bang Jinah, Bang Yunseol, Byun.. Byun Nara!" i whispered happily and knocked on the door before walking in. I looked around and sighed in happiness once i didn't recognize anyone in this class. I sat down at the far corner of the room and waited there until the school bell rang. The class quickly got more crowded and crowded as new students walked inside, greeting each other. 

"Hi~ Can i seat here?" a girl asked me kindly while pointing at the empty seat beside me. I was about to answer her kindly but flashbacks of my close friends betraying me. Nope, i'm not gonna fall for it again. I don't want to feel the same pain again. I ignored her and put my bag beside me, making her leave. "What a freak" i heard her whisper. I sighed.

"Oh look, it's Nara!" you heard a similiar voice shouting in front of you. You widened your eyes and looked up at the person.. "J-Jihyo..". I-It couldn't be. I-I thought i was free from her. Why is she here?! Am i going to spend another year with her? "How are you, old friend?" she said in a mocking voice, acting nice to me to steal everyone's attention. I bit my lip and quickly looked away. "Speak up, Nara!" she said in a higher voice. I looked down and ignored her once again. My heart beat starts beating furiously, afraid what she might do to me next. She was every teacher's pet, she was loved by every teacher in this school so she could do anything she wanted to the people she hates. Including me. She got mad and i could hear her scoff, "What's the matter, huh? You don't want me to be in the same class with you again? Guess what, ? I wanna kill you so bad so i don't need to see your ing face everyday." she whisper-shouted and i gritted my teeth. "S-Stop.." i stuttered. "Don't ing tell me what to do" she added. What's her problem with me?! I never even bothered her, but she kept abusing me.

 

 

Jackson's POV-

It's the first day of school. I smiled widely as i ran inside the school gates, spinning in circles. "Yah stop it you're embarassing me" Mark said, hitting me on the back of my head. I whined and hit him back, "Don't hit me in the middle of the crowd, you're going to ruin my y image" i said and he laughed, "What the ?" he laughed again and hit me. I'm so done with him hitting me around like what the hell. I put my snapback on backwards and walked inside with full confident.

I could feel everyone's eyes on me and i smirked, "Smile and wave Mark, smile and wave~" i said. Hey it was a penguins of madagascar refference okay. He sighed, "Do i look like a penguin to you" he said and dragged me upstairs. I almost stumbled over my own steps and pushed him away, "Yah don't drag me around like that i'm going to fall down" i whined. "Stop whining ugh" he scolded and locked his arms around my neck.

"Told ya we're going to spend a year together" Mark said while pushing the classroom door open. He smiled and greeted everyone before he dragged me to our seat, which is the middle one. I examined my classmates one by one, most of them were girls, unfortunately. Almost all of them smiled and me and i smiled back, Hey, first impression, remember. Then we decided to stay inside the class for a couple of minutes, trying to make new friends. 

"Hey i'm Mark and this is Jackson. Hey jacks say hi to Jinyoung" Mark said, poking me on my shoulders. Look at him, making new friends already. Sometimes i love being friends with him because 1. he's really good at socializing and making new friends 2. he's really smart 3. he attracts girls but sometimes i hate it when he 1. was silent most of the time, he's like a half socialible and half mute, you know. 2. drags me around and 3. most of girls like him better than me. "Hey, Jinyoung, I'm Jackson, nice to meet you" i said, shaking my hands with him. Well this Jinyoung boy is quite handsome, to be honest. And he looks really formal today. I guess i could say that he's a nerd.

"Are you guys from America because you have this American accent on you when you speak Korean.." he said in a really heavy Busan dialect and i almost laughed, and earned a nudge from Mark. "Yeah i'm from LA and this guy here, is from hongkong" Mark said, and Jinyoung smiled at us in awe, "Whoa, awesome!" he said and we chuckled. Indeed, we're awesome. "Sooo are you new here?" Mark asked and i nodded. Hey he stole my question. Jinyoung shook his head, "Nope, i'm a high schooler in the same school~" he said and we nodded. "Oh wow that must be boring" and ouch Mark nudged me in the stomach again. I was expecting him to give me a weird stare but instead he laughed, showing his wrinkles. I raised my brow and nudged Mark back. "Yes it was, honestly. But this school is awesome if you got used to it" he said, shrugging. "I am here to make the ladies swoon" i said randomly and he cracked up again. I could feel Mark rolling his eyes beside me.

"Oh damn you're hilarious. Friends?" he asked, offering his hand. at the same time, me and Mark accepted his hand and we laughed again. "friends." Wow i wasn't expecting this much from a nerd. As far as i know, every nerd i know is really introverted and hates to talk. But well slap me in the i got myself wrong. Not all of them.

While Mark was talking again, my eyes trailed around again. Then these two girls in the far corner left caught my eye. The taller one seemed to threaten the smaller one something, too bad i couldn't hear what they talk properly. Wow, to be honest, the smaller girl was really pretty. I stared at her for a while, hopping that she'll look back at me and notice how handsome i am today. But then things got ed up. The taller girl were yelling and slamming things at her. I raised my brow once i heard her curse and yell at her. "I'll be right back" i said to Mark before i walked away towards the girls.

"Hey stop yelling at her, what the hell are you doing to her? You're going to make her cry" i scolded the taller one and she looked me wide-eyed, "W-What-". Before i could continue, she smiled at me and introduced herself, i think she wanted to flirt with me. Her name's Jihyo. Ew. "She's annoying me so i'm going to give her a lesson" she said softly while looking at the smaller girl with her fierce eyes. I narrowed my eyebrows, "What the hell she doesn't even do anything to you!" i scolded her again. She blinked a few times and pout, "What makes you think that..?" ew she's trying to act cute towards me. "I didn't see her disturbing you or . She's innocent so stop yelling at her." i said sternly and looked at the terrified girl beside her. Jihyo pouted her lips more and left us.

I sighed and looked at the terrified girl, "Are you okay?" i asked softly as i noticed her eyes get watery from Jihyo yelling at her. She looked really scared. She nodded and looked down, trying to back away from me. I smiled, "Hey its okay, i'm not going to.. hurt you?". She slowly looked up and we met eyes. She's indeed beautiful. "T-Thank you.." she mumbled shyly. I grinned widely and took out my hand, "I'm Jackson. Jackson Wang. But please call me Jackson" i said. She smiled a little and hesitantly shook my hand, "And you?". "N-Nara.. Byun Nara.." she said shyly. I smiled and nodded, "It's nice to meet you, Nara". I was about to walk away but she stopped me, "T-Thank you.. for earlier.." she said shyly, avoiding eye contact. Adorable. I smiled again and nodded before i left her. 

"Who's that? What are you doing?" Mark asked curiously. Jinyoung blinked his eyes a few times and looked at Nara for a while and then back at me. "That crazy girl over there kept yelling at her for no reason so i stopped her and i made friends with her" i explained the whole thing to them and Mark chuckled. I noticed Jinyoung's blank face during my explanation, what's wrong? "hey, are you there?" i shook my hand in front of Jinyoung's face. He blinked a few times and looked at me, "You mean... Nara?" he said. "How did you know?"

He was silent for a second and sighed, " She had a really terrible past " he said. I looked at him, waiting for more explanation for him. Honestly, i wanna hear more about this Nara girl. "She was known as the most hated girl in the school and no one knows why. That girl you just encountered just now, spreaded the rumors that she has the ability to 'see' things in the other dimension. She likes to make up stories about her and spread it to everyone in this school, making Nara hated. All of her best friends betrayed her and left her, and i kinda feel sorry for her. She has no friends, she spends almost all of her time alone and she's really a quiet person. But she's really smart, which is why she was bullied. She used to do everyone in her class' homeworks everytime they got homework. They got caught, and luckily they never did it again to her." he explained. Mark sighed, "Wow i feel really sorry for her" he said and i nodded in empathy. "She looks like a really kind girl though" i added. Jinyoung looked at me, "She.sees.ghosts. she has the sixth sense. she's really weird" he whispered. Look what she did to this boy.

I scrunched my face, "Hey, its not like that she's an alien or something. She doesn't deserve to be treated like this, you know." i said sincerely. But its right though, i feel really sorry for her. "And that girl was wicked seriously.." Mark pointed at Jihyo right behind us. "Oh you're indeed right. She has this really big gang consists of 7 girls who likes to bully people she hates. Nara is their target. They abused her and humiliated her in front of a lot of people, trying to make her more and more hated. But we cannot stop them though, they're the teachers' pets and its impossible to make people to hate them. Only her classmates knew her true colors. Outside, she may look like a cute and kind girl but she's rotten on the inside. I've spent 3 years with her and believe me, she tried so hard to flirt with me and i rejected her. Luckily she didn't murder me though" Jinyoung added and asked us to sit down. "Abused..?" i asked to myself and looked at Nara with guilt. She really doesn't deserve this. Having the sixth sense isn't a really big deal, it's not like you're a different species of aliving thing or something. to me, honestly, its normal.

I really wanna talk more to him but the goddamn school bell rang. I looked at Nara, her seat beside her was empty. I stood up and grabbed my bag, and Mark looked at me as if i'm crazy. "What are you doing? The class is starting" he said. "You sit with Jinyoung, i'll give her a company" i said. "Wha? You just met her, Jacks and you liked her?" Mark whispered at me. I looked at him as if he was crazy, "the hell? i don't fall for girls that easily, tuan. I just feel really sorry to see her like that and i wanna be her friend. I want to be her first friend." i said. Mark chuckled, "Aw i was just joking. Then go, Jacks." he said and slapped my before i walked away. That son of a .

"You're a really kind person, Jacks" Jinyoung added and i smiled proudly.

Slowly, i approached Nara and i think i scared her. She looked at me and i smiled at her, "Hey, can i sit here? I want to give you a company.." i said, trying to sound as kind as i could. She shook her head slowly and looked away. I bit my lips and put my bag down on top of the desk, "Oh come on this seat is empty, let me sit here okay~?" i coo-ed. She looked at me and shook her head again. Sigh this girl, really. "Just for one period, please?" i begged her.

Then she finally spoke. 
"Why do you want to sit next to me so badly?" she asked shyly. I made a funny face to her, "I don't want to see you all lonely here. The far corner left seats are always creepy so why not giving you a company?" i said. She smiled a little and i mentally slapped myself. Okay that was pretty dumb of me to say that. "So.. can i ?" 

She looked at me , hesitated but finally nodded her head. I grinned and happily sat down next to her. Nara, let's be friends!


 


 


 


sooooo this is the first chapter~!! i hope you guys liked it, i spent a lot of time on writting this omg c:

there might be some grammatical errors and i apologize for it,unfortunately english is not my main language D:

i'm going to update another one soon~ please subscribe and comment me what you think of this first chapter :D thankyou!!

monsterous