Ch 9. A Coincident

The Heir

          Rushing into the Horvejkul Photo Shoot Studio, Nana made it just time to change and prepare for the shoot. Ren and Heechul rush to Nana, pull her into the changing room where Jooyeon is waiting for her. Quickly changing into her outfits, change help her apply make-up and stylishly curls her hair. Nana and Jooyeon exit the room together. Walking to the racks of shoes, she glance to her director who is chatting with Yunho. She snatch a quick glance around the room and do not sees Taecyeon anywhere. Jooyeon help pick out a heel for her, and she puts it on.

            “Nana, you will have a solo shoot first.” The director shouted across the room.

            Nana nod and walks to the white sheet. Standing in position, she waits for the director to signal her. She glance at Yunho and sees him talking on the phone. The noise of the room are too loud for her to eavesdrop. She tries to read his lips hoping to see if he’s talking to Taecyeon over the phone. The director put a thumbs up, Nana immediately pose for the camera.

            A couple hours have passed, it was break time for everybody. Half of the group stay in the studio while the other half leaves the room, and among that half are Nana, Ren, Heechul, and Jooyeon. They head to a restaurant next door. Leaving the building, Nana sees Taecyeon walking out of his car and walking to the building. He paused seeing Nana with a group of people heading to the restaurant next door. Yunho walks out of the building and up to Taecyeon.

            “Here is Mr. Jang contract.” Taecyeon said as he handed Yunho a folder. “All his information is in here. He agreed to branch out our product for the first quarter.”

            “He came to you?” Yunho asked.

            Taecyeon nod. “I was at the gym, he suddenly came out of nowhere and ask to sign a contract with us.” He said.

            Yunho review the paper.

            “Where is Nichkhun?” Taecyeon asked.

            “He’s in a meeting right now.” His phone ring in his pocket, he pull out is phone, “Speaking of him, he call.” Yunho slide the green button to the right. “Nichkhun.”

            “Come to my office now.”

            “Okay. We’ll be there in five.” Yunho said before he hang up. He and Taecyeon walks into the building to the elevator, and up to Nichkhun office.

            Yunho and Taecyeon enter Nichkhun’s office. “What’s wrong?” Taecyeon asked.

            “I manage to get the stock to go up a bit. I want you two to keep an eye on him and find a way to distract him as well. He’s pushing this a bit too far.”

            “Yes payback time!” Taecyeon excitedly said.

            “I was thinking about cutting his shipment off.” Nichkhun suggested.

            “That sound very pleasing but he will know that we did it.”

            “I’m not afraid.”

            “I know. I just have a bad feeling about this.”

            “Just relax, Yunho. You’re thinking way too much.”

            “Maybe I am.” Yunho whispered.

            “I have to go visit my Halmeoni.” Nichkhun said.

            “Take Halmeoni we said hi, and that your sister is coming home soon.” Taecyeon said.

            “I will.” Nichkhun said as he walks to the doors.

* * * *

Mopping the floors, Jiyeon put the mop back in the janitor room. She grab her jacket, put it on, and walks to the door. She smiles seeing a man with his hands in his pant pocket, nice sleek suit by his car. Jiyeon wave good-bye to her boss and coworkers before walking to him. Nichkhun stand straight

            “What are you doing here?”

            “I came to pick you up.” He said.

            “How did you know I get off this time?”

            “Instinct.”

            “Instinct huh?”

Nichkhun lightly nod. Jiyeon tip toe and peck his lip which shock him.

            “What that for?”

            “Because I miss you.”

            Nichkhun wraps his arm around her, pulling her closer to him. He soft place his lip over her, kissing her passionately for half a minutes before he move his head back. “I miss you too. More than you ever know.” She flushed. “Have you eaten?” He asked. Jiyeon shook her head. “Would you like to have dinner with me tonight?” She nodded. Nichkhun open the door and Jiyeon step into his car, seating in the passenger seat. Nichkhun walks around the car to the driver seat. He step into his car, start the engine, and drive to a restaurant he has in mind.

            “Nichkhun, I have something to ask you.”

            Nichkhun flash a quick glance at her, giving her his consent. “When you said you’re a dangerous man, what do you mean?”

            Nichkhun face turn pale upon her question. He hesitate to her answer.

            “It’s okay, you don’t have to tell me if you don’t want too.”

            “Let’s say I had a rough past. A past that left me nothing but hate and want to retaliate.”

            “And your parent?”

            “They’re dead. All I have left are my Halmeoni and sister.”

            “I’m sorry I didn’t mean to bring up your…..”

            “It’s okay.”

            Jiyeon guiltily bit her bottom lip.

            “You should stop doing that, for real. It’s very seductive.”

            She flushed. “About the contract. Do you give all the women you want to be with a contract before it becomes official?”            

            Nichkhun smiles. “Contract is a brief detail of what will go on between us. I’ve told you before, I don’t do the girlfriend things. I rather called it business.”

            Jiyeon looks gone pale and dreadful as she looks out the window. Nichkhun reach for her left hand and move it to his thigh, holding her hand tightly.

            “With you is different.”

            “How different?”

            “I can’t really explain. I just know. That’s the way I am.”

            “Tell me more about it?”

            “Right now? Here?”

            She nod. “Yes, here. I would know a little bit about this contract.”

            “The contract explain what we will do, happen, and experiences during the time we are together. For example, you will be living with me through the weekend, Friday to Sunday. Room, clothing, and rides will be provided to you. Most important, you are not allow to speak of what happen between us to anyone, including your family. More important, you must listen to what I say?”

            “Why? Don’t make me no different than a main at your house.”

            “It’s not like that. It’s for your safety and pleasure as well as mine.” He said.

            “What will I get out of this?”

            “Me.” He replied in a manly voice that takes her breath away. “I will be devoted to you.”

            His last answer stiffen and shock Jiyeon. She is speechless as she gaze the side of his face. Driving into a parking spot, Nichkhun stop and turn off his engine. He step out of the car, walks over to her side, and open the door for her. Jiyeon step out of the car, he close the door and lock his car, and hold her hand as they walk into the restaurant. A hostess escorted them to a table, then leaves. Both pick up the menu and looks at their option. Going through page after page, Jiyeon hold her menu up, hiding her troublesome face. She put the menu down and sees Nichkhun gazing at her. The waitress come by a moment later with pen and order book. Nichkhun and Jiyeon place their order. The waitress grabs the menu off the table and walks away with their order written down on the book.

            “Are you sure you can’t come with me tomorrow?” Nichkhun asked.

            “I’m positive. I promise Nana I will help her out at a club.”

            “A club?”

            “Yes.”

            “What club?”

            “I can’t tell you. If I tell you, you would probably be there and distracting me.”

            “I won’t. I don’t have that power.”

            “Mr. Horvejkul, you don’t know what you’re capable of.”

            Nichkhun pleasingly smiles. He cross his right leg over his left and intertwine his hands together over his knee.

            “Then may I at least know the location of the club?”

            Jiyeon shake her head. She grab her hair and move it to the left, showing her right bare neck. Nichkhun tempt by her action. He loosen his tie, a couple top button. Jiyeon fixes her eyes on his loosen tie and a bit of his baring skin. He’s playing her…testing her. Jiyeon flush, looks away, and mildly bite her bottom lip in respond to his action.

            The waitress came back with two plates in each hand and carefully place it down on the table. Jiyeon pick up her fork and begin to eat. With a victorious looks, he eat as well.

* * * *

            It’s Friday. Jiyeon and Guk Joo are at work. Making coffees and teas for customers. Serving for two hours, Jiyeon and Guk Joo switch with their coworkers. Now, both are restacking coffee bags and teas, cups and glasses on the shelves. Nana enter the café and happily walks up to them.

“Jiyeon. Guk-Joo.” Nana called.

Jiyeon and Guk-Joo stop and turn around. They sees Nana in front of them with a bright smiles.

“What are you doing here?” Jiyeon asked.

“I came to see you girls.”

“No she’s not. There must be a reason to why she is here.” Guk-Joo.

“Yes, that too. The manage say we can celebrate tonight once the event is over. It’s his congratulation gift to us, since he couldn’t think of anything to get for our graduation.”

“Are we allow to bring friends?” Guk-Joo asked.

Nana nods.

“This is so awesome!!” Guk-Joo said happily. “I have to text everybody about this.” She immediately takes out her cellphone.

“What time should I be there?” Jiyeon asked.

“He said to be there at 4 to set up everything.” Nana replied.

“Okay.” Jiyeon said as she resume her job.

“Oh by the way, he ask us favor.”

“What is it?”

“He ask if we can perform tonight for their guests?” Nana said nervously.

“What!” Jiyeon stop and looks at Nana.

“He want us to perform just two songs and then we get have the club to ourselves, any damage is on him.” Nana explained.

“We need time to practice.”

“I know that’s why he want us there by 4. The event doesn’t start until 7 and end at 12 A.M.” Nana grabs Jiyeon right hand, “Please Jiyeon.”

Jiyeon hesitate. Nana cutely pout, giving her the puppy face that works all the time.

“Fine.” Jiyeon give in. “What are the songs?”

“I don’t remember the first one, but the second song is Crazy in Love.”

“Wow, a y song.” Guk-Joo said.

“You only have about two hours before you are done here.” Said Nana. “I’ll have to go to the club and get our outfit ready. I’ll see you at four. Gukk-Joo you can come along. WE might need help.” She winks at her.

“I’ll definitely be there.” Guk-Joo wink back.

            Nana leave the café.

            “Tonight will be fun.”

            “How many did you invite?” Jiyeon asked.

            “All.”

            “Even Myungsoo?”

            “Yes. Why?”

            “Nothing. I just need to talk to him about something.” Jiyeon said, remembering that night he tried to kiss her, but was push away by Nichkhun. “I haven’t seen him since then. I need to make it clear between me and him tonight.”

* * * *

In a mirror room, Jiyeon and Nana practicing hard on their dance moves with back-up dancer. Almost two hours have passed, the feet have not stop sliding, tapping, and moving swiftly around the floor.

            “Let’s take a five.” Nana said.

            The dancer drop to the floor and rest. Some went to get a drink. Jiyeon and Nana walks to the couch in the corner, pick up their water bottle, and rest on the couch.

            “It has been so long since I’ve dance.” Said Jiyeon as she looks at the ceiling.

            “Me too.” Nana said before she drinks from her water bottle.

            “What will outfit looks like?” Jiyeon asked.

            “Guk-Joo is preparing that for us.”

            “Guk Joo!” Jiyeon sit up and looks at her with her wide eyes.

            “I’m here.” Guk Joo said as she enter the room and walks up to Jiyeon and Nana.

            “So what do you got there?” Nana asked as her eyes fixed on the black clothing covers.

            “Your guys clothes for tonight.” Guk Joo said as she takes the covers off and show them their outfit.

            “I love it. Finally, clothing with no mustache.” Nana teased.

            “Shut up! That was a long time ago and it was for Halloween.” Guk Joo said.

            “This is…..” Jiyeon felt too much revealing in the outfit Guk Joo pick out for her.

            “It’s perfect, Jiyeon. You are beautiful and you have a y body that need to shine. You need to show the world or people what you are capable of.” Guk Joo convincingly said.

            A dancer walks up to them, “It’s really y.” She praised. “I like it.”

            “You do? I prepare similar style you and the rest.” Guk Joo said.  

            “Hyomin, her style can be off and on sometime.” Nana teased.

            “Yah! Shut up!” Guk Joo playfully hit Nana arm.

            “Let’s practice more before we change.” Jiyeon said as she play the bottle on the couch and stand.

            The group of 5 women and 5 men resume again, working hard on their dance moves as Guk Joo sit and watches excitedly.

* * * *

Waiting at the airport, Nichkhun looks at his watch then at the gate.

            “Good evening, the flight Korean Air 908 have landed safety to the ground. Passenger will be departing from the plane soon, please stand by.” Announcer voice echo through the speakers.

            Nichkhun put his phone in his pocket of his jacket and stand.

            “Sir, shall I go to the baggage claim and pick up Miss Horvejkul bags?”

            “Yes, please Min-Jun.” He said. “Can you also get Lena juice?”

            “Yes sir.” Min-Jun said before he leaves.

            Walking through the sliding doors, Lena looks around the place and sees Nichkhun standing by the television. She smiles and rush to him. She jump into his arms and embraces him tightly.

            “I miss you big brother!!” she excitedly said in English.

            “I miss you too.” Nichkhun return her embrace with a light pat on the back.

            The hug break apart, Nichkhun grab Lena messenger bag and help her carries it.

            “Where is Taecyeon and Yunho oppa?” She asked.

            “Taecyeon at the club preparing for tonight birthday party.”

            “Oh my god, I forgot. Today is Yunho’s oppa birthday. I didn’t get him anything.” Lena pouted.

            “I think he won’t mind about that.”

            “No, I have to get him something.” She insisted.

            “What do you want to get him?”

            “I don’t know. I’ll go the mall later.”

            “I’ll have Min-Jun drive you.”

            “I can drive myself.”

            “Yes, but you’ve been gone for so long. You don’t know many place around here. Min-Jun will be your chaffer for now.” Said Nichkhun. Lena lips parted, ready to speak. “No objection. He’s driving you and that is final.”

            “You’re so bossy oppa.”

            Nichkhun pinch her cheek. “Tonight, there will be at Gangnam Club at 7. Min-Jun will drive you there and back to halmeoni home.”

            “Okay. I miss halmeoni. I want to go see her.”

            “We will go there once we pick up your bags. I think Min-Jun have collect them all already.” He said as they walks to the baggage claim station.

            “Good evening Miss Horvejkul. Nice to see you again.” He said in a mannerly way.

            Lena smiles and give him a hug. “Nice seeing you too.”

            Min-Jun smiles as he politely bow his head as a thank you to her. “This is for you. Mr. Horvejkul ask me to fetch you a drink.” He hand her a bottle of fruit juice.

            “Thank you Min-Jun and oppa.” She grab the open, open it, and drink it.

            Now, they walks to the exit, wait outside at the standby station for Min-Jun to drive the car up to them. Once they are in the car, Min-Jun drive them to halmeoni’s house located just outside of Seoul.

* * * *

Arriving at the club, Nichkhun exit his car and makes his way to the entrance. The guards open the door for him and greeted him with a bow. Entering the club he sees the room filled with guests. He walks up to Taecyeon who is standing at the center of the club, chatting with other guests.

            “Excuse me.” Taecyeon said.

            “Is Yunho here yet?” Nichkhun asked.

            “No, I haven’t seen him. He should be here by now.” Taecyeon look at his watch.

            “He’s probably on his way.”

            “He better be or else I’ll bust his phone.” Taecyeon jokingly said. “Do you want a drink?”

            “I’ll go get it myself.” Said Nichkhun before he walks to the bar. He stop and stand by the table. Looking around the club as the music bust the speaker, Nichkhun taps his fingers on the table. The bartender turn around and drop a container.

            “What a surprise?” He said with a smile.

            “What are you doing here?” She jump—startle by his appearance.

nichkhun-20140414.jpg

 

             “Taecyeon and I host this event. You are working here tonight?”

            “Yes.” Said Jiyeon.

            Nichkhun paused as he gaze at her beautiful face and curls hair.

            “Are you always like this at the club?” He asked.

            Jiyeon confusedly looks at him and then at herself after seeing him constantly looking at her with smiles.

            “No…maybe sometime.”

            “You look very pretty.” He praised her with a charming smiles

            Jiyeon smiles as she walks up to the bar table. “What would you like to drink?”

            “Camus on rocks.” He said.

            Jiyeon turn and walks to the liquor. She open the doors to the special drinks, reach her right hand up to the top shelves. Nichkhun rest his right hand at his lip as he watch from behind the bar table. Jiyeon grab the bottle and grab a glass before she walks back to him. She pour a couple cube of ice in the cup first and then slowly pour the cognac into the glass, half way. She close the bottle and put it aside.

            “Are you going to be here all night?” He asked.

            She shook her head. “I’m only bartending for an hour, then I have to go do something else.”

            Tempted by her red lips, he move his upper body across the table and capture her lips softly. Jiyeon was shock, but close her eyes even though she knew it was a short moment.

            “I was hoping I can get something to snack on before you leave. Your lips is very delicious.” He teased.

            Jiyeon flush.

            “What a coincident to see you here?” Another woman spoke as she approached them.

            Nichkhun turn to see who it was, but only to find himself in an unpleasant view. Jiyeon bite her bottom lips as she sees Nichkhun’s ex here at the club.

            “What are you doing here?” He asked.

            “I came with a friend. Why? I’m not welcome here or it’s just that you don’t want somebody to see me.” She viciously smiles. “I miss you Nichkhun. I miss you very much.” She purposely smiles sweetly to him in front of Jiyeon.

            “Sorry, I have to go.” Jiyeon said. “Why she here? I don’t want to see her? I don’t her anywhere near him? But it seem like she won’t let him go.” She jealously walks away.

            “Jiyeon!” Nichkhun called her loudly. She ignore him.

Nichkhun unpleasantly looked at Victoria. “You came with Baek Juno.”

            “Yes.”

            Nichkhun finish his drink and walks pass her. She grab his arm—stop him.

            “Don’t be this heartless. Don’t this far. You will regret it if you continue, Nichkhun.” Victoria said.

            “I’m not in the mood to talk to you.” Nichkhun swift his arm away from her grip and continues to walk away.

 

To be continue………………………………