Ch. 2: Just Luck?

The Heir

           His eyes at the blinking red light, with a light smirk he move his right hand toward the light and press it down. Holding the phone to his ear, he inhale mildly and open his mouth. “Horvejkul.” He voice was cold and manly.

            “Hello, Mr. Horvejkul. Thank you so much for answering my call.”

            “Not a problem. How may I help you Miss Park?” His deep voice shivered Jiyeon through the phone

Jiyeon nervously gulp. She takes a deep quite breath before she answer his question. “Mr. Horvejkul, I would like to interview you for an assignment that is due in two weeks. I hope you can help me…..”

            “Sure.” Nichkhun answered without her finish her sentences.

            “What?” Jiyeon startled by his answered.

            “I’ll be gladly to help you. What time works for you?”

            “I—um...” the speechless Jiyeon tries to think of something to said, but there was no words spinning inside her head. Jiyeon gulp, close her eyes for a quick second as she inhale and exhale deeply. “Will tomorrow work for you? 9 A.M?” She successfully took control of herself as she speak.

            “Sure, 9 A.M at my office?”

            “Umm… sure.”

            “I will see you tomorrow at my office at 9.” Said Nichkhun with a smiles.

            “Thank you.” Said Jiyeon nervously.

            “Good bye.” Said Nichkhun before he end the call with a victorious smile.

            Standing outside the Horvejkul Tower, Jiyeon could not feel or move her body as if a spell was put on her. She stare blankly at the busy road. She still couldn’t believe that in one try she was able to get a hold of him. Was it luck? Guk Joo have been trying to reach him, but she did not get a reply back. Jiyeon grabs onto her phone tightly as her heart pound crazily.

            “Why am I feeling so hot?” Jiyeon whispered to herself. “It’s just a phone call.” She shakes her head before she walks away.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

            Parked across from a Swedish restaurant, Yunho press on the window button and the glass slide down; it stop half way, just enough for him to see a young girl walking from table to table. He looks at the box sitting on top of the cup holder. It was a Christmas present for her, but he never got the chance to give it to her. He was gone for two months.

He lean his head back against the back and look up at his car. The young girl serve the table by the window, by chance, she looks up and sees a familiar car parked across the street. Window half way down, the young girl successfully get a clear glance at Yunho who had his eyes shut and head resting against the leather black chair. A mix feeling stir inside of her as she watches him from the inside the restaurant.

            “May I also get a bottle of soju?” The customer asked.

            She respond to the customer with a nod, “Sure, I will be right back.” She glance at Yunho one more time before she walks over to the bar and grab a bottle of soju, and then back to the customer. She place the soju bottle on the table before taking a couple step back and looks at the car again. The window was up.

            “Claudia, the foods is ready.” Said the lady loudly from the bar.

            “Coming mom.” She respond and quickly walks over to the open kitchen and grab the entrées.

            Claudia pushes the thought of Yunho aside and focus on her works. It was a busy afternoon, Claudia and her friends/coworker runs from one table to the next, wildly serving and delivering the best customer services as they can. Many hours have pass, the sun is down, the rush dies down. Only a few table is left, Claudia had her friend go eat lunch first while she help them take care of a couple table remaining in the restaurant.  

            Mrs. Mueller helps Claudia clean the dirty tables. “Ding” the door ring lightly. Mrs. Mueller looks at the entrance and sees Yunho standing at the entrance.

            “Hello, it great to see you again.” Said Mrs. Mueller as she walks up to him. “Dinning in by yourself.”

            “Yes.” Said Yunho.

            Mrs. Claudia grabs the menu and walks Yunho to a table by the windows.

Yunho take a seat, “Thank you.”  With a light bow.

            Mrs. Claudia smiles, “You’re welcome.” She walks away.

            Yunho pick up the glass of water and takes a sip before he looks out the window and watches people walking back and forth in the street. A second later, he looks at the menu in front of him.

            “Claudia, there’s one more customer seating by the window.” Said Mrs. Mueller as she walks into the kitchen.

            “Thank you mom.” Claudia put down the cup of tea and walks out of the kitchen. A Half way through the room, she looks up and stop immediately.

tumblr_n945weQOhr1qd80wyo1_1280.png

            Yunho nervously looks at her with a weak smile. “Hi.” He voice was soft and gentle.

            “Hi. It has been awhile since I’ve seen you.” She welcomes him with a warm smile.

            “I hope I can still grab something to eat before you close.” Said Yunho.

            “We’re still open for another hour before closing.” She stop in front of him. Yunho lightly nod as he look back at the menu.

            “I would like two Spätzle?” Said Yunho.

            Claudia takes the menu and walks away with his order in her head. Ten minutes later, she comes back with two plates, “You must be really hungry.” She place the plates on the table. “Well, I’ll let you enjoy your meal. If there’s anything you need, just give me a call.” She said before she walks away.

            Yunho immediately grabs her hand—stop her. “There is.” He said as he looks at her. “You haven’t eaten anything, right? It would be nice if you can have lunch with me this time.” He said, mannerly.

Claudia eyes jolt wide in surprise as she looks at him. Yunho pull the stiffen Claudia down to the seat across the table. This mind of her fills with questions as she looks into his calm eyes. Mrs. Mueller walks out of the kitchen and sees Claudia seating across from Yunho; a wary feeling arise in her.

            “Is there something wrong?” Yunho asked as he pick up the fork off the table.

            Claudia gulp and looks away, “No, it’s just that you usually eat alone. You’re usually quiet.”

            “Today is different.”

            “How different?”

            Yunho stop and looks at her. “I got something for you.” He put down his fork, glide his hand into the pocket inside his suit jacket, and pull out a box. He slide the box across the table to her. Claudia looks at the box and clearly sees the word ‘BVLGARI’ encrypted on the red box. She confusedly looks at him. “There is a special event this Friday, I hope you can come with me.”

            Claudia utterly looks at him as she push the box back to him. “I’m sorry, I don’t get what you are trying to said or do.”

            “Please don’t misunderstand. This is my gift to you. I was going to give it to you on Christmas day, but I was gone for almost two months.” Yunho explained as he slide the box to her again. Claudia hesitate to accept his highly expensive gift. Yunho open the box.

Bzero1-Bracelets-BVLGARI-BR853720-1_v06.

            The bracelet flashes brightens in her eyes. He take the bracelet out of the box and put it around her right wrist, “I’m sorry I don’t know what you like. I’m not very good at picking thing out for a woman. I hope you like this bracelet.”

            “It beautiful. Thank you.” Claudia smiles. The smiles quickly vanish as she looks at him again. “Why did you get me a present this expensive?” She ask.

            “Because you’re worth it. You’re one of the close people I know.” He answer.

            Claudia give a weak flash then pick up the fork and spin it in the noodles.

The beautiful of hers brighten his days as he stares at her. “There is an event this Friday. I hope you can come.”

            The smiles fade as a wave of nervous shock her whole body; looking into his sincere eyes, she feels her heart beating fretfully.

            “Will you go?” Yunho ask one more time.

            Claudia hesitate.

            “I promise, nothing exotic or crazy.” Yunho jokingly said, hoping to lighten up her mood. “It would probably be a bunch of oldies standing and talking, then watching and talking again.”

            Claudia smiles again. “Okay. Where will it be?” She asked.

            “I’ll come pick you up.” Said Yunho. “Is that okay?”

            A secure feeling to every of his gentle and thoughtful words he said to her. Claudia nodded her lightly. A joyful smile spread across his face. He pick up his fork and resume eating again.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

            The sound of the clock tick-tack all day and night shot a nervous wave inside of her. Finally, the interview is finally near. Jiyeon walks into the bathroom, wash up, and dress nicely before walking over to the dining room.

            Guk Joo brings a bowl of cereal to her. “I still can’t believe you got an appointment with Mr. Horvejkul.” She said as she walks back to her seat.

            “I can’t believe it either.” Said Jiyeon as she pick up her spoon.

            “Me three!” Their roommate said loudly. She stroll to the dining table as she ties her hair up.

            “Nana, you’re a model for Mr. Horvejkul’s company, do you get to see him frequently?” Guk Joo asked before she spoon herself.

            Nana nodded her head, “I don’t considered being employ under his company. Remember I’m just a part-time model and contract-free.” She said

            Guk Joo turn her head and look admiringly at Jiyeon, “Did you really go to his office and barge into his office, and demand an interview from him? He probably said yes to a beautiful woman.” Guk Joo blithely said.

            “No I did not.” Jiyeon flash her an annoying look. “It was just luck.”

            “Luck? I don’t believe in that. If there is such thing called “luck” then I would have meet my prince charming many years ago.” Said Guk Joo as she peel the small tangerine.

            “I don’t either.” Said Nana.

            “Anyway, did you get to see his face?” Guk Joo curiously asked.

            Jiyeon paused as she remember the face she saw yesterday morning at the Horvejkul Enterprise headquarter. “His dark brown charisma eyes that shots intense gaze, sharp jaw line, and dark golden hair. No man can have such a handsome and perfect face.”

            “Jiyeon-ah. Earth to Jiyeon. Are you in there?” Guk Joo her spoon from side to side. “Answer my question.”

            “Maybe.” Jiyeon answered.

            “Since not many people know what or how he look like, I’m guessing he’s not that handsome.” Said Guk Joo as she place as spoon at her jaw. Guk Joo takes out her phone and search his name. She clicks on the image, and it show dozen pictures of him. “Wow! He is really good-looking.”

            “Or it could be the opposite.” Jiyeon secretly smile behind a spoon of cereal.

“By the way, the manager and I need your help this Friday. There’s an event going on and he said it is very important. He want you to come and help.” Nana ask.

            “Do you know what the event about?” She ask, curiously.

            Nana shook her head. “I don’t. Everybody will be working that night. A mysterious businessman book the whole entire place. Invite-only.”

            “Wow, they’re probably throwing a hook-up party. I bet most of them are bachelors.” Guk Joo said. She give Nana a flirty and flashy eyes, “Does he want to work for him too?”

            “Guk Joo, aren’t you busy anyway. You have a lot of assignment due within two weeks.” Nana said. “We’re just missing a bartender and a hostess. Hostess was serve drinks.” Nana switch her attention to Jiyeon. “Please. Pretty Please?” She beg.

            “Fine, I’ll help.”  Jiyeon give in to her puppy face.

            “YAY!!!” Nana shout in joy.

Finish her bowl, she grabs her bags and head toward the door. “Okay, I’m going now. I’ll see you later at the café.”

            “Okay, see you later. And thank you so much!!!” Guk Joo shout across the room as she wave her right hand high in the air.

 

 

Too be continue…………………